Baba Rahman

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Baba Rahman

by blythspartan » 18 Aug 2022 20:46

Zip
blythspartan
Zip
Is he in us final year at Chelsea? I guess so and having made big money there he is probably ok with taking a huge page cut. Personally I would prefer Jamal Lewis who is a classy performer at Championship level.

+1 I just hope we can offload Puscas so that we can get these deals done.

Felt for a while the Puscas saga is going to run onto deadline day.

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised tbh. I suspect we have a plan in place so hopefully it’ll all end well. After the game last night I actually thought that if we can get players back fit and get 2 or 3 more good additions to the squad we could do well this season. I am still buzzing after last night.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2022 21:52

Zip
blythspartan
Zip
Is he in us final year at Chelsea? I guess so and having made big money there he is probably ok with taking a huge page cut. Personally I would prefer Jamal Lewis who is a classy performer at Championship level.

+1 I just hope we can offload Puscas so that we can get these deals done.

Felt for a while the Puscas saga is going to run onto deadline day.

Lewis is intriguing but after a serious injury hard to guarantee you are getting the same player and it is allegedly only until Jan.

We know what we'd get with Rahman and he would actually be under contract.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Aug 2022 09:55

Low says the deal for a new LB is hoping to be completed today.

I'd love Baba back permanently tbh. Lots of players were part of a poor backline last season and some of them didn't perform nearly as well as Baba did.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Aug 2022 09:59

NewCorkSeth Low says the deal for a new LB is hoping to be completed today.

I'd love Baba back permanently tbh. Lots of players were part of a poor backline last season and some of them didn't perform nearly as well as Baba did.

Also think he would be much better suited in the formation PInce has us playing. Bit more attacking responsibility and a bit less defending responsibility.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Aug 2022 10:46

Hendo

Also think he would be much better suited in the formation PInce has us playing. Bit more attacking responsibility and a bit less defending responsibility.

Don’t see that as a particular positive tbh - personally thought he was a bit average offensively and defensively

Would still be a useful addition to the squad mins in a position lacking, should always be looking at two players for each spot

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Aug 2022 10:48

Yeah I think he would do better for us this season in a team that looks better in general defensively and he may get more protection in a 5 as well. Think his strengths are certainly going forward rather than defending, but he was a popular figure last season and certainly not our worst performer at the back either last season, would be a good fit I think. Hopefully we can get it over the line in the next couple of days and then we can see what happens in the remainder of the window.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2022 10:50

Baba or Bryan would be fine with me

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Aug 2022 11:11

I liked Baba, thought he was overall good and wasn’t a liability half as much as those around him.

Would gladly welcome him back!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Aug 2022 11:34

URZZZZ
Hendo

Don’t see that as a particular positive tbh - personally thought he was a bit average offensively and defensively

Would still be a useful addition to the squad mins in a position lacking, should always be looking at two players for each spot

A bit average meaning? I'd take an average LB right now. An Average LB with 40 odd games for Ghana who didn't make many net negative apps last season in the worst defence in the league and wants to come is a fantastic deal.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Aug 2022 11:51

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
Hendo

A bit average meaning? I'd take an average LB right now. An Average LB with 40 odd games for Ghana who didn't make many net negative apps last season in the worst defence in the league and wants to come is a fantastic deal.

It means he was OK but nothing special. For someone that had joined Chelsea for £20 million, would stretch to underwhelming

Good at attacking has been said? 0 goals, 1 assist suggests otherwise. If we’re going to persevere with 5 at the back, we need output from defensive players. Hoilett has one already as a RWB, Fornah as a midfielder, Sarr and McIntyre each with one. It’s a nice change to see goals being scored from all areas

Would be happy enough with the signing but would question the use of Yiadom and Rahman as the WB’s. I guess I’m pretty much alone with it but I really like Yiadom as a RCB and Hoilett as a wing back

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Aug 2022 12:17

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

It means he was OK but nothing special. For someone that had joined Chelsea for £20 million, would stretch to underwhelming

Good at attacking has been said? 0 goals, 1 assist suggests otherwise. If we’re going to persevere with 5 at the back, we need output from defensive players. Hoilett has one already as a RWB, Fornah as a midfielder, Sarr and McIntyre each with one. It’s a nice change to see goals being scored from all areas

Would be happy enough with the signing but would question the use of Yiadom and Rahman as the WB’s. I guess I’m pretty much alone with it but I really like Yiadom as a RCB and Hoilett as a wing back

Interesting that, I felt Yiadom was wasted at RCB and I feel we just saw a very good performance from Holmes in that RCB role.

My issue with Hoilett at RWB is, despite solid performances there, his key strengths are not utilised. Yiadom does everything Hoilett does at RWB but better. The overlapping runs, tenacity and experience last game showed that.

I thought that Baba was actually quite strong defensively last season considering our form. Maybe he plays too high a line at times but this season that shouldn't be a problem with Loum and a back 3. Having am experienced LB to fight it out with NWG is only a good thing.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Aug 2022 12:34

Are there any better left backs out there that we can get in within our budget? I would say, doubtful. So for that reason I’m in!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2022 13:23

Allegedly at the training ground.

Only a Twatter rumour but from an account who doesn't normally post bollocks.

So probably bollocks.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2022 14:55

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

You're not alone on that last point, although I'm happy with Yiadom at RWB or RCB.

Rahman was fine, but he certainly doesn't excite me, and he struck me as more a LB than a LWB.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2022 15:00

Guess there is a bit more scope with Rahman as I think he has another year after this at Chelsea?

Could do some kind of low wage but obligation to sign at the end of the season

With someone like Bryan Fulham won’t do that because he is ooc. Simply be loan to the highest bidder. Which won’t be us

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2022 15:12

Hound Guess there is a bit more scope with Rahman as I think he has another year after this at Chelsea?

Could do some kind of low wage but obligation to sign at the end of the season

With someone like Bryan Fulham won’t do that because he is ooc. Simply be loan to the highest bidder. Which won’t be us

The player will have some say I guess. If the offers in for Bryan were say, from Us, Birmingham and Sheffield Utd he may well want to come to us as would mean he doesn't have to move house, move away from his family etc by going further afield.

Now if our offer is a lot lower than the other two, he may not even get to chose us but location will be a factor in some deals. Location and knowledge of the club/some players is why I am expecting Rahman to appear today/tomorrow but been thinking about it today and Bryan may be a better option as a loan. Now if either happen to be available on a free and willing to take what we can offer, than changes the dynamic a little.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2022 16:13

Reports from over here stating this is done and he is returning on loan for another season.

Would imagine any other deals now will be free agents.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Aug 2022 16:27

Stranded Reports from over here stating this is done and he is returning on loan for another season.

Just looking ahead to after Thursday (and going into January), whilst moving Moore on would be of benefit to the club massively in terms of the wage bill and would allow us much more flexibility to bring players in, I'm just not sure who will be available the longer we leave it, particularly in January.

I'm not sure if we could potentially accelerate any deal to pay Moore off to allow us to bring some more players in that are free agents, obviously presuming the player himself wants that to be the case and we can actually do that, but if we could do that sooner rather than later then I think it would be important for us as it might give us the freedom to bring in 3/4 free agents (if good enough) to help bulk out our squad.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2022 16:40

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded Reports from over here stating this is done and he is returning on loan for another season.

Just looking ahead to after Thursday (and going into January), whilst moving Moore on would be of benefit to the club massively in terms of the wage bill and would allow us much more flexibility to bring players in, I'm just not sure who will be available the longer we leave it, particularly in January.

I'm not sure if we could potentially accelerate any deal to pay Moore off to allow us to bring some more players in that are free agents, obviously presuming the player himself wants that to be the case and we can actually do that, but if we could do that sooner rather than later then I think it would be important for us as it might give us the freedom to bring in 3/4 free agents (if good enough) to help bulk out our squad.

I'm sure Bowen will be exploring all possibilities over the next couple of days.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2022 16:45

YorkshireRoyal99

Paying off Moore frees up one place in the squad. Not sure how you stretch that to bringing in 3-4 free agents.....