Laurent to Stoke

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Laurent to Stoke

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jun 2022 19:03

Apparently he's snubbed us for Stoke. If true it just shows where we stand as a club as they are not a step up. They must have offered him silly money.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Laurent to Stoke

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jun 2022 19:21

Do you still have your boots R Jimmy?

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 16 Jun 2022 20:33

Royal_jimmy Apparently he's snubbed us for Stoke. If true it just shows where we stand as a club as they are not a step up. They must have offered him silly money.

Why would they have had to offer silly money? We're offering peanuts. Even Luton and Rotherham can afford to outbid us this season!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2022 20:33

Meh. Didn't perform particularly well last season. We're relegation likelies, Stoke are probably mid-table. We can probably only pay him about 10 - 12 k. Stoke can probably offer him at least 15.

Losing him AND Rino would be a blow, but tbh we need a more dedicated DM and it'll be good to see Tetek get more chance. Laurent isn’t up to taking over from Swift.

I liked him a lot as a player, lots of potential. But I can’t be too sad to see anyone go, given they've all been part of an utterly insipid 18 months.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jun 2022 07:15

Yeah same really

Did like him but resigned to him going long ago. Will be missed but not massively

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Jun 2022 07:22

Snowflake Royal Meh. Didn't perform particularly well last season. We're relegation likelies, Stoke are probably mid-table. We can probably only pay him about 10 - 12 k. Stoke can probably offer him at least 15.

Losing him AND Rino would be a blow, but tbh we need a more dedicated DM and it'll be good to see Tetek get more chance. Laurent isn’t up to taking over from Swift.

I liked him a lot as a player, lots of potential. But I can’t be too sad to see anyone go, given they've all been part of an utterly insipid 18 months.

I agree with this, especially the part about the last 18 months. It’s made me want to see a major overhaul of the squad. I just hope we can find the right blend of young hungry players with a few older heads to steady the ship.

There are a lot of teams in the Championship who are well organised but nothing special and we just have to finish above 3 of them. Maybe our recruitment will be with half an eye on the fact that we could be relegated next season but at least in 2023/24 we can start with a clean slate.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2022 08:06

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal Meh. Didn't perform particularly well last season. We're relegation likelies, Stoke are probably mid-table. We can probably only pay him about 10 - 12 k. Stoke can probably offer him at least 15.

I agree with this, especially the part about the last 18 months. It’s made me want to see a major overhaul of the squad. I just hope we can find the right blend of young hungry players with a few older heads to steady the ship.

There are a lot of teams in the Championship who are well organised but nothing special and we just have to finish above 3 of them. Maybe our recruitment will be with half an eye on the fact that we could be relegated next season but at least in 2023/24 we can start with a clean slate.

It'd be nice to be one of the well organised but nothing special teams. Rather than disorganised with poorly applied talent.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Jun 2022 18:02

It’s not a great move for Laurent, A year ago you would have thought he’d have been on the radar of lower Prem or promotion chasing Champ sides. Agree that he’s dropped off this season and will need to get back to his early form to get the sort of move he reallymust have been wanting.
Suggests he really didn’t have too many offers on the table….

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jun 2022 18:38

We signed him from Shrewsbury, so every chance he was happy living up that way so a move to Stoke suits.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Jun 2022 19:24

You have been promoting both Camara and Tetek for some months now .
Hopefully you have seen more in them than I have as it looks as though we will need them both for this new season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2022 21:56

South Coast Royal

You have been promoting both Camara and Tetek for some months now .
Hopefully you have seen more in them than I have as it looks as though we will need them both for this new season.

What's the point if you can’t look forward to promising youngsters getting a chance.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Jun 2022 11:09

Snowflake Royal But I can’t be too sad to see anyone go, given they've all been part of an utterly insipid 18 months.

This

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jun 2022 15:09

It's just a shame to see an influential player go who has been one of the better performers since Ince came in and there was a genuine sense of positivity for him in this team where he's looked his own as well. Agree though about being part of a bad 18 months and Tetek may be given a chance as well which will be good for him.

Still, it's another key player in our midfield to replace.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2022 15:16

YorkshireRoyal99

It's just a shame to see an influential player go who has been one of the better performers since Ince came in and there was a genuine sense of positivity for him in this team where he's looked his own as well. Agree though about being part of a bad 18 months and Tetek may be given a chance as well which will be good for him.

Still, it's another key player in our midfield to replace.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very likeable and good player. He was incredibly athletic and could run the ball forward really well. But he wasn't very good at holding his position and sticking to the defensive side, he wanted to be getting forward. Meaning he wasn't quite there as a defensive midfielder. And he didn't really have the range of passing or or finishing, on a consistent basis, to really be an attacking midfielder.

I'd be perfectly happy if he was still our player. But the combination of him Rino and Swift didn't really work imo. Hopefully we can build a team in midfield that really work well together and fit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jun 2022 16:54

Finding myself agree with Ian far too much these days but yeah that

Good player, Great athlete but positional discipline was all over the place and gave the ball away too much

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2022 17:22

Hound Finding myself agree with Ian far too much these days but yeah that

Good player, Great athlete but positional discipline was all over the place and gave the ball away too much

Have you considered asking a doctor for a brain scan... it could be serious. :shock:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Jun 2022 18:30

Hound Finding myself agree with Ian far too much these days but yeah that

Have you been kicked in the head by a horse Hound dog?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jun 2022 18:32

Yeah fcuk knows what is going on

Not right though at all

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2022 21:35

Ejaria's shit.

Happy now? :wink: