Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

166 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

by Hendo » 26 Jul 2022 07:31

Stranded
Hound Chat about him having signed a 4 year deal with us.

Feels a bit long for a player who turns 29 in August but guess contract length is the only way we can attract players at the mo.

2 or 3 years would be better for us but imagine he could get more money elsewhere on a similar contract length.

Guess it could be 3 with the option of a 4th - will wait for official confirmation, obviously.

Although 4 years on a low wage, isn't the worst thing, especially if he turns out to be half decent.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jul 2022 08:48

It does seem to be the case where we've offered longer deals for a couple of players that we've signed this summer. 4 years here (if it goes through) and 3 years for Ince whereas I'd have thought they may both have had a year less on their contracts respectively. The 3 and 4 year deals may include an option of another year though, so in Sarr's case 3 and an option to extend.

Not a complaint as both players are going to be on lower wages and it helps with consistency within the squad as well for a few years.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Jul 2022 08:49

YorkshireRoyal99 It does seem to be the case where we've offered longer deals for a couple of players that we've signed this summer. 4 years here (if it goes through) and 3 years for Ince whereas I'd have thought they may both have had a year less on their contracts respectively. The 3 and 4 year deals may include an option of another year though, so in Sarr's case 3 and an option to extend.

Not a complaint as both players are going to be on lower wages and it helps with consistency within the squad as well for a few years.

The other thing to consider is that if we had only offered them 2 year deals, and they do well we could end up losing them for oxf*rd all, which people would've complained about.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jul 2022 09:05

Hendo
YorkshireRoyal99 It does seem to be the case where we've offered longer deals for a couple of players that we've signed this summer. 4 years here (if it goes through) and 3 years for Ince whereas I'd have thought they may both have had a year less on their contracts respectively. The 3 and 4 year deals may include an option of another year though, so in Sarr's case 3 and an option to extend.

The other thing to consider is that if we had only offered them 2 year deals, and they do well we could end up losing them for oxf*rd all, which people would've complained about.

True, but by then Ince would be 32 and Sarr would be 30, so not old or anything but getting to the point where we'd only really want to keep them for another season (or two in the case of Sarr) or just move them on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2022 12:25

YorkshireRoyal99
Hendo

True, but by then Ince would be 32 and Sarr would be 30, so not old or anything but getting to the point where we'd only really want to keep them for another season (or two in the case of Sarr) or just move them on.

Yeah, I don't think resale value is much of a consideration for Ince or this guy personally.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2022 12:26

Done deal according to CF. Announcement soon

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jul 2022 13:53

Hound Done deal according to CF. Announcement soon

Sarr far sarr good

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2022 19:26

SouthDownsRoyal
Hound Done deal according to CF. Announcement soon

Sarr far sarr good

MASSively good signing.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 27 Jul 2022 15:37

Confrimed via his agent on Instagram then put on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alisterrfc1/ ... 1944273921

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jul 2022 16:33

Still not confimred by the club yet Moggy B.
Last edited by Zip on 27 Jul 2022 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 27 Jul 2022 16:36

Pleased with this one as our defence really does need to be better than last season and, if he stays fit (a big "if" of course) he would be a good addition.
IIRC at one stage he was quite sought after but wasn't he out for quite some time last season?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2022 16:57

We seem to either announce people out of absolutely nowhere (ie Bouzanis) or take forever to make it official atm

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Jul 2022 19:36

Hound We seem to either announce people out of absolutely nowhere (ie Bouzanis) or take forever to make it official atm

It might be down to the EFL as I guess they’re inundated at the moment. Apart from the new kit launch the club have been very quiet so far this week. I hope that bodes well in terms of Joao not being seriously injured. I was really surprised that Ince named players in his interview on BBCRB on Saturday. I thought it was great but not the norm.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2022 09:28

No doubts reasons for it and the club aren’t just being slow, but an awful lot still outstanding / to be announced with a day or two to go

Whether we’ll sign the trialists
Sarr and Loum
Away kit
Shirt numbers

Now obvs the latter two aren’t especially impt but does seem strange to have so much outstanding

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jul 2022 10:05

Hound No doubts reasons for it and the club aren’t just being slow, but an awful lot still outstanding / to be announced with a day or two to go

Whether we’ll sign the trialists
Sarr and Loum
Away kit
Shirt numbers

Now obvs the latter two aren’t especially impt but does seem strange to have so much outstanding

Yeah can't really complain on the signings side of things because some of that is taken out of our hands but yeah the away kit and shirt numbers is something you'd feel would have been announced by now.

There might be something to do with the season starting earlier than usual in terms of delays though as well.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Jul 2022 10:39

For some reason Naby Sarr reminds me of Cutty Sark.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jul 2022 12:03

i think that ship has sailed

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jul 2022 12:43

Have we definitely signed Sarr? I was chatting to a fellow Reading fan in Wootton Bassett today who seems to think he’s going to Birmingham. He was supposedly watching from the stands at Luton yesterday. I said it was a done deal but he reckons he’s been stalling for better offers. Anyone know if Sarr was at Blackpool yesterday, which is where I’d expect him to be.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jul 2022 15:27

blythspartan Have we definitely signed Sarr? I was chatting to a fellow Reading fan in Wootton Bassett today who seems to think he’s going to Birmingham. He was supposedly watching from the stands at Luton yesterday. I said it was a done deal but he reckons he’s been stalling for better offers. Anyone know if Sarr was at Blackpool yesterday, which is where I’d expect him to be.

As per morganb, above, the linked tweet, reportedly from the players agent, the deal is done. Club are waiting for FL approval before announcing it.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jul 2022 16:33

Sutekh
blythspartan Have we definitely signed Sarr? I was chatting to a fellow Reading fan in Wootton Bassett today who seems to think he’s going to Birmingham. He was supposedly watching from the stands at Luton yesterday. I said it was a done deal but he reckons he’s been stalling for better offers. Anyone know if Sarr was at Blackpool yesterday, which is where I’d expect him to be.

As per morganb, above, the linked tweet, reportedly from the players agent, the deal is done. Club are waiting for FL approval before announcing it.

Cheers I completely missed the above link.

166 posts