Jeff Hendrick

by genome » 06 Jul 2022 10:26

Linked with Reading as per Daily Mail

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Jeff Hendrick

by Stranded » 06 Jul 2022 10:31

Would be a good move I think. Been told to train with the u23s there as he won't be in the squad.

Central midfielder, slightly more on the defensive side if memory serves.

Nearly 400 games including nearly 150 at Prem Level. Likely to be a loan - another player who is now 30 but guess that is our market this year.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jul 2022 10:34

Would be a good signing on loan I reckon. Experienced player, decent on the ball and would be capable. Would be happy if we were to bring him in on loan. Hendrick and Shackleton in midfield would be solid for the season if we were to manage to pull both off.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 06 Jul 2022 10:35

Some QPR fans opinions of him :
and the laughably bad performances from Jeff Hendrick, meant Amos was the only midfielder we had at the club with the legs

while Sanderson and Jeff Hendrick continued to waltz into the team regardless of performance

If you think Jeff Hendrick was in any way half decent for QPR last season, that his signing was in any way necessary or made any kind of sense, that I’ve been in any way harsh or scapegoated him over the past few months by repeatedly pointing at him and asking ‘what the oxf*rd is he doing here?’, then this is probably a section to skip over.

But maybe he'd be better for us.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2022 10:37

Wouldn't say no.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jul 2022 10:40

NathStPaul Wouldn't say no.

Agreed, he has a nice beard.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jul 2022 10:43

Simon's Church Some QPR fans opinions of him :
and the laughably bad performances from Jeff Hendrick, meant Amos was the only midfielder we had at the club with the legs

while Sanderson and Jeff Hendrick continued to waltz into the team regardless of performance

If you think Jeff Hendrick was in any way half decent for QPR last season, that his signing was in any way necessary or made any kind of sense, that I’ve been in any way harsh or scapegoated him over the past few months by repeatedly pointing at him and asking ‘what the oxf*rd is he doing here?’, then this is probably a section to skip over.

But maybe he'd be better for us.

Not glowing but tbf - he joined them right at the time they were going to pot having played a grand total of 70 mins. Hopefully, if he does join, and does so shortly, he'll get the benefit of a few weeks pre-season under this belt.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2022 10:44

genome
NathStPaul Wouldn't say no.

Agreed, he has a nice beard.

There also aren't enough people out there called Jeff these days. Good strong name. I'd like us to sign a "Lance" next.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Jul 2022 10:49

Wouldn't mind this one.
Plenty of experience for clubs and country and could be this season's Drinkwater.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2022 10:49

South Coast Royal Wouldn't mind this one.
Plenty of experience for clubs and country and could be this season's Drinkwater.

Not sure this is very appealing tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2022 10:51

Never heard of him. His stats on whoscored don't look great.

Decent pass success. But fairly low on tackles / interceptions. Mixed on key passes, but very few assists or goals.

Combined with negative reviews from QPR and the fact he's a 30 year old slipping down the divisions from the PL, it's not a ringing endorsement. But we've been linked with worse, so...

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Jul 2022 10:52

NathStPaul

For a struggling Championship side with no money this would IMHO represent a decent signing.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2022 10:52

South Coast Royal
NathStPaul

For a struggling Championship side with no money this would IMHO represent a decent signing.

Oh he'd be fine for us, just would hope he wouldn't end up being another Danny Drinkwater.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2022 10:53

South Coast Royal
NathStPaul

Hard for us to get that from you comparing him to Pisswater

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jul 2022 11:07

Drinkwater did pretty well from when Ince came in, it's when he finally managed to get fit and get consistent starts. If Hendrick turns out to be Ince's Drinkwater, I'd be pretty pleased with that to be honest.

I wouldn't take too much to QPR's reviews when he barely played for them, if we can get him on the pitch consistently, he will give us good quality with and without the ball I'm sure and he would end up being a good signing.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2022 11:08

YR defending Drinkwater. I am shocked to the core. :roll:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jul 2022 11:12

NathStPaul YR defending Drinkwater. I am shocked to the core. :roll:

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he was poor.

He was playing 90 minutes during our best spell of the season under Ince, towards the end of the season. He was also getting in the team and playing 90 minutes (bar 70 mins at Fulham where he wasn't in the squad in the 2 previous) during a decent bit of early season form, where we won 4 games out of 5, but we did subsequently lose 3 on the bounce, but was still majorly involved during that spell.

So given he was generally pretty heavily involved during our best spells last season and was relied on in our midfield during crucial times of our season, that's not what I'd class as a bad loan spell.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2022 11:14

YorkshireRoyal99

He was playing 90 minutes during our best spell of the season under Ince, towards the end of the season. He was also getting in the team and playing 90 minutes (bar 70 mins at Fulham where he wasn't in the squad in the 2 previous) during a decent bit of early season form, where we won 4 games out of 5, but we did subsequently lose 3 on the bounce, but was still majorly involved during that spell.

So given he was generally pretty heavily involved during our best spells last season and was relied on in our midfield during crucial times of our season, that's not what I'd class as a bad loan spell.

He was pathetic, the supporters didn't turn on him because he played well and put a shift in did they? And don't give me the flannel about playing well under Ince either. He was horrendous before Ince joined and all he then did was play to a basic standard after Ince arrived. Not decent, not good just the bare minimum expected of a professional footballer.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 06 Jul 2022 11:15

I'd take him. Got good experience and may well feel he has something to prove.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jul 2022 11:18

NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99

He was pathetic, the supporters didn't turn on him because he played well and put a shift in did they? And don't give me the flannel about playing well under Ince either. He was horrendous before Ince joined and all he then did was play to a basic standard after Ince arrived. Not decent, not good just the bare minimum expected of a professional footballer.

It's funny you say that because if Rinomhota/Laurent put the performance in like Drinkwater did against Barnsley (he was the best player on the pitch) you'd have been creaming yourself.

His reputation earned him a lot of shit off supporters last season and he was poor at times, like most players were, but he wasn't our worst performer over the course of the season in my opinion.

119 posts