Hob Nob Super-Addict

Fin Stevens

by Brogue » 08 Jul 2022 09:14

19 Brentford RB Loan

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Fin Stevens

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Jul 2022 09:34

One of those that comes up on FM22 a lot as a potential signing.

Would do ok for us I'm sure and would be good cover potentially for us in that position.

That would mean we are linked with the lad from Forest, Hendrick and Shackleton all on loan, with Lumley already being here which would use up all 5 of our options. Not to say everyone will end up at the club, as I can't imagine they all will.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 09:39

Seems daft to use up a loan on a back up RB when we used Abrefa there and he looked promising, plus we have Holmes.

Meanwhile, the promised LB where we have literally none is yet to materialise and we still haven't signed a single midfielder, despite losing our first 4 from recent seasons.

But we signed 2 keepers so we now have 4 with league experience!!

If this is true, we seem to continue to have a nonsensical approach to transfers and squad management.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jul 2022 09:43

Snowflake Royal If this is true, we seem to continue to have a nonsensical approach to transfers and squad management.

No, it just suggests they were the easier ones to get done. It doesn't suggest the priorities are wrong.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 09:44

Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal If this is true, we seem to continue to have a nonsensical approach to transfers and squad management.

No, it just suggests they were the easier ones to get done. It doesn't suggest the priorities are wrong.

Only if you agree they were necessary in the first place.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jul 2022 09:45

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal

Only if you agree they were necessary in the first place.

Yes I do. Next.....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jul 2022 09:51

Yids is always likely to pick up a knock and we'll also lose him for somes games at the WC if Ghana get out of their group. RB not a priority but would definitely take one if we get the chance.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jul 2022 10:04

Might just be agent talk to try and drum up some interest in a loan move, media also saying Swansea, Blackpool are interested. Personally I can’t realistically see the point in Reading moving for such an inexperienced right back given the options they already have at the club. If they do it’s a total waste of valuable resource to my mind unless he’s the next TAA or something.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2022 11:05

We aren’t limited to 5 loans.
You can only have 5 loan players in a matchday squad. So we could comfortably have 6 loan players being used if we have the option to rotate between 2 decent keepers and swap out the loan keeper if we needed to use a slot for an outfield player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2022 11:07

If it’s the same Twitter rumour thing I’ve seen it’s very tenuous

‘We’ve previously shown an interest’

Can’t see it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 11:08

We had more than 5 previously and it didn't work out particularly well.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jul 2022 11:31

Pepe the Horseman Yids is always likely to pick up a knock and we'll also lose him for somes games at the WC if Ghana get out of their group. RB not a priority but would definitely take one if we get the chance.

After their showing at the AFCON, I'd be amazed if they get out of the group. Would expect Portugal and Uruguay to qualify from that group.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2022 11:32

Snowflake Royal We had more than 5 previously and it didn't work out particularly well.

Let’s avoid doing anything we’ve ever done before then.....

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jul 2022 11:35

In recent times, yes.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2022 11:41

NathStPaul In recent times, yes.

That’s going to make running a football club extremely difficult....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2022 11:42

Snowflake Royal Seems daft to use up a loan on a back up RB when we used Abrefa there and he looked promising, plus we have Holmes.

Meanwhile, the promised LB where we have literally none is yet to materialise and we still haven't signed a single midfielder, despite losing our first 4 from recent seasons.

If this is true, we seem to continue to have a nonsensical approach to transfers and squad management.

Agreed that other places should be a priority (although I’m sure management are aware of that) but the aim should roughly be two players for each position and we have one RB. Hence so many players having to fill in at RB last season, Holmes, Yiadom, Tetek, Rinomhota, Ashcroft, Abrefa, Thomas etc etc

Personally think part the reason for Holmes’ run of poor performances last season was not being allowed to settle in one position so by that reckoning, would look to avoid playing him at RB at all costs

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 08 Jul 2022 11:52

He barely played right back last year did he? Ashcroft played a few, rinomhota a couple and Thomas at the end of the season, but Yiadom played 90% of the games.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2022 12:17

Simon's Church He barely played right back last year did he? Ashcroft played a few, rinomhota a couple and Thomas at the end of the season, but Yiadom played 90% of the games.

Could be wrong, thought Yiadom played a fair few games at LB, missed a few with injury and obviously missed a few with the AFCON

Regardless, just don’t see Holmes (or McIntyre for that matter) as a FB. As expected, they tuck in too much, their body positioning is wrong and they offer nothing offensively. Bugbear of mine playing players in the wrong position. Although given I’ve advocated McIntyre as a midfielder, I guess that’s a little rich

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 12:40

Nameless
Snowflake Royal We had more than 5 previously and it didn't work out particularly well.

Let’s avoid doing anything we’ve ever done before then.....

Probably best we avoid the things that didn't work and aren't very sensible, yeah.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 12:42

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Seems daft to use up a loan on a back up RB when we used Abrefa there and he looked promising, plus we have Holmes.

Agreed that other places should be a priority (although I’m sure management are aware of that) but the aim should roughly be two players for each position and we have one RB. Hence so many players having to fill in at RB last season, Holmes, Yiadom, Tetek, Rinomhota, Ashcroft, Abrefa, Thomas etc etc

Personally think part the reason for Holmes’ run of poor performances last season was not being allowed to settle in one position so by that reckoning, would look to avoid playing him at RB at all costs

Is Abrefa not a RB then? Because surely our promising teenage RB > someone elses, for bench warming