Fin Stevens

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fin Stevens

by blythspartan » 09 Jul 2022 13:04

Fairly sure I saw this lad play for Worthing back in January 2020. He must of only been about 17 or so but he was really strong on the ball and looked the stand out player. His strength reminded me of a young Norman Whiteside and according to the locals he was being scouted by Brighton at the time. Anyway, I’d happily take him as a backup right back. Is Abrefa RB or CB?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2022 14:16

blythspartan Fairly sure I saw this lad play for Worthing back in January 2020. He must of only been about 17 or so but he was really strong on the ball and looked the stand out player. His strength reminded me of a young Norman Whiteside and according to the locals he was being scouted by Brighton at the time. Anyway, I’d happily take him as a backup right back. Is Abrefa RB or CB?

Would think SCIAG or Nameless or someone who knows the youth better would have corrected me having him at RB if he was a CB. SCIAG gave some feedback on some others.

He certainly played right side when he came on for the first team... for what that means.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jul 2022 16:02

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan Fairly sure I saw this lad play for Worthing back in January 2020. He must of only been about 17 or so but he was really strong on the ball and looked the stand out player. His strength reminded me of a young Norman Whiteside and according to the locals he was being scouted by Brighton at the time. Anyway, I’d happily take him as a backup right back. Is Abrefa RB or CB?

Would think SCIAG or Nameless or someone who knows the youth better would have corrected me having him at RB if he was a CB. SCIAG gave some feedback on some others.

He certainly played right side when he came on for the first team... for what that means.

The bastion of facts that is Wikipedia lists Kelvin Abrefa as a centre back. However checking on transfermarkt says Kelvin is a right back. The Reading website doesn’t really seem all that interested in most of the youngsters so can’t confirm either way. So that’s that clarified then.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2022 16:07

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

The bastion of facts that is Wikipedia lists Kelvin Abrefa as a centre back. However checking on transfermarkt says Kelvin is a right back. The Reading website doesn’t really seem all that interested in most of the youngsters so can’t confirm either way. So that’s that clarified then.

:lol:

Safe to say my second guess of winger is wrong though. And he's definitely not a keeper

The Cube

by The Cube » 09 Jul 2022 19:14

Abrefa normally plays right-back for the youth teams. Has also been pushed further forward, and was effectively a wing-back when he came on last season.

Today he's played left back for the first team. Couldn't quite work out if he went to centre-back when Leavy came on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2022 19:58

The Cube Abrefa normally plays right-back for the youth teams. Has also been pushed further forward, and was effectively a wing-back when he came on last season.

Today he's played left back for the first team. Couldn't quite work out if he went to centre-back when Leavy came on.

He seemed to go right CB. Was inside Tetek who looked like he was still at RB.

He didn't look comfortable at CB. Couldn't really see much of him at LB at the other side and end of the pitch,