Jay Fulton

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Jay Fulton

by royalp-we » 10 Jul 2022 09:06

Alan Nixon reporting we are after the 28yo Swansea midfielder.

Nixon also ran with this back in 2018, will be interesting to see if we can get him signed up this time.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jay Fulton

by morganb » 10 Jul 2022 09:22

Can't see this happening if the following taken from Twitter is true -

So according to journalist Alan Nixon Reading want to sign Jay Fulton. Obviously Swansea want Fulton off the books but Reading’s financial position is compliant because they can only sign frees and loans. He still has 2 years left to run on his contract as well I believe. Stuart James pointed out last week that Swansea have had enquiries for Fulton but clubs have been put off because of his wage demands.

https://t.co/as5zRlnBuC

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Jul 2022 09:55

A player much in demand a couple of years ago-what was the stock phrase that we used even before our problems "wages could be an issue"?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2022 10:39

We definitely need to recast our net having seen Ward, Davenport, Murphy and Jones.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jul 2022 11:30

Snowflake Royal We definitely need to recast our net having seen Ward, Davenport, Murphy and Jones.

Yep.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2022 11:49

Can’t see this working unless it’s a loan and wouldn’t want to waste a loan on him

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2022 11:51

Zip
Snowflake Royal We definitely need to recast our net having seen Ward, Davenport, Murphy and Jones.

Yep.

How many of this type of player do you think we’ll go for? Honestly would rather use u23 than set the bar too low

Guessing maybe just pick a couple (Hutchinson, Jeanvier?) and stick with our reasonable looking first 11 or so + academies

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jul 2022 11:58

Hound
Zip

Yep.

How many of this type of player do you think we’ll go for? Honestly would rather use u23 than set the bar too low

Guessing maybe just pick a couple (Hutchinson, Jeanvier?) and stick with our reasonable looking first 11 or so + academies

I get the impression we are really struggling Houndy. It would be good to see Camara involved in the friendlies. The players in on trial are players other Championship teams simply don’t want. Ince will want at least two more midfielders judging by his comments but none of these guys we are looking at seem good enough.
Such a shame if we don’t land Shackleton.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2022 12:02

Hound
Zip

Yep.

Problem is, for midfield we don't seem to have much in the U23s.

Tetek and Osorio basically. Questionable whether Tetek is ready, don't think Osorio is close. There's that Craig chap... everyone else seems to be a CB, GK or forward.

I'd rather see us use Camara and Scott out wide or in attack than Jones or Murphy for sure.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Jul 2022 12:55

I’m all for doing our business early. Things is though when do the final premier league squads get announced there are always a few players that shipped out on loan last minute. Still a long time till the window shuts who knows what could happen. Most premier league clubs only want a small percentage of the players wages covered usually too. We can’t afford to pick up a players full wages from a championship side - well any player worth having that is.
Last edited by Brogue on 10 Jul 2022 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jul 2022 12:57

Brogue I’m all for doing our business early. Things is though when do the final premier league squads get announced there are always a few players that shipped out on loan last minute reckon. Still a long time till the window shuts who knows what could happen. Most premier league clubs only want a small percentage of the players wages covered usually too. We can’t afford to pick up a players full wages from a championship side - well any player worth having that is.

I do agree with this although we could do with strengthening in midfield before the season starts as well as a left back. Keep a couple of loan signings back for PL loanees.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2022 13:08

Haven’t seen Luongo tbf, but felt him plus another loan with Tetek 4th was the way to go

If Hutchinson can do a job then great. Not particular panicked but just feel with these trialists it’s a bit of a stab at just picking up a cheap bargain more than really seeing them as first team

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2022 13:16

Actually didn’t realise Fulton played so little last year. Prob another one who maybe doesn’t fit Martin’s style

So maybe there’s some chance. Really depends on what wage we’d need to pay as always

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Jul 2022 14:24

Until this is confirmed by Zip jnr I won’t believe it. I certainly wouldn’t say no and it’s good to see the club are exploring every possible option available to them to bring players in. Not overly impressed by the trialists but we may end up with 2 or 3.

On a side note I wasn’t keen about the signing of Lumley but yesterday I could hear him organising the defence which was encouraging. Well I think it was him but I’d had a fair few pints by the time the match kicked off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2022 15:21

blythspartan Until this is confirmed by Zip jnr I won’t believe it. I certainly wouldn’t say no and it’s good to see the club are exploring every possible option available to them to bring players in. Not overly impressed by the trialists but we may end up with 2 or 3.

On a side note I wasn’t keen about the signing of Lumley but yesterday I could hear him organising the defence which was encouraging. Well I think it was him but I’d had a fair few pints by the time the match kicked off.

Someone was shouting at him a lot at certain points.

I think McIntyre. At one point it included "Joe, Joe, Joe, can you hear me Joe? Joe."

I think he wanted the ball. :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jul 2022 16:22

Swans fans seem to think Fulton is on £16k a week so we would presumably be looking to pay up to 50% of his wages.
They are positive about him as a player.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Jul 2022 17:35

It's not one I'd ideally like to use one of our 5 loans on (for a matchday squad) but I quite like the player. Similar to Lumley in a way, decent enough experienced professional at this level. We won't be getting promoted with him in our team, but will be capable of competing and giving us quality at this level as well.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Jul 2022 19:16

Can we potentially sign a player like Fulton on loan this season on the condition that we’ll sign them permanently next season? I was just wondering if we are allowed to agree loan signings on those terms this season? It would possibly make sense from a continuity standpoint, especially if the player is decent.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Jul 2022 20:32

blythspartan Can we potentially sign a player like Fulton on loan this season on the condition that we’ll sign them permanently next season? I was just wondering if we are allowed to agree loan signings on those terms this season? It would possibly make sense from a continuity standpoint, especially if the player is decent.

We aren’t allowed to make any commitments to payments at this stage.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jul 2022 21:15

Nameless
blythspartan Can we potentially sign a player like Fulton on loan this season on the condition that we’ll sign them permanently next season? I was just wondering if we are allowed to agree loan signings on those terms this season? It would possibly make sense from a continuity standpoint, especially if the player is decent.

We aren’t allowed to make any commitments to payments at this stage.

No but we could ask for an option. We can't bind ourselves but can ask that we have first refusal or the right to match any bid.