Loan rumour - Mamadou Loum

hughsies no.1

Re: Loan rumour - Mamadou Loum

by hughsies no.1 » 22 Jul 2022 15:15

SouthDownsRoyal
Zip It does seem Ince is building a more physical and rugged squad which will make us harder to beat. No bad thing.

Agree, this would be a good signing

I'd love to know how you know this would be a good signing - of course I hope you are right.

But how anyone can say this will be a good signing without ever hearing of the bloke is beyond me :roll:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Jul 2022 15:27

hughsies no.1
SouthDownsRoyal
Zip It does seem Ince is building a more physical and rugged squad which will make us harder to beat. No bad thing.

I'd love to know how you know this would be a good signing - of course I hope you are right.

But how anyone can say this will be a good signing without ever hearing of the bloke is beyond me :roll:

50/50 chance of looking ITK

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jul 2022 15:45

Nameless If this bloke any good a €5million option could be a very smart move.
A good season with us would potentially see that valuation jump and a purchase in May and a sell on in August could give us a nice windfall.
If he has an average season we just don’t exercise the option.

At the same time, I wouldn't like us to be spaffing €5m on a player the moment we come out of special measures, unless, of course he shows Premiership quality.

Ince clearly thinks we're too soft though.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jul 2022 15:52

From Despair To Where?
A good season with us would potentially see that valuation jump and a purchase in May and a sell on in August could give us a nice windfall.

At the same time, I wouldn't like us to be spaffing €5m on a player the moment we come out of special measures, unless, of course he shows Premiership quality.

Time will tell on that I guess, if he is clearly a cut above, €5m might not be such a bad investment, especially if the rest of the team show signs of improvement and an ability to amount at least a challenge the following season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2022 15:59

hughsies no.1
SouthDownsRoyal

There's this thing called the internet where you can look up a player's previous club, performance stats and watch clips of them play.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jul 2022 16:03

Hendo
From Despair To Where?

Time will tell on that I guess, if he is clearly a cut above, €5m might not be such a bad investment, especially if the rest of the team show signs of improvement and an ability to amount at least a challenge the following season.

For context, 5 million Euro's is currently £4.25m, which is probably a bit high for a Championship player, but players have definitely moved for less. The important thing for me is, if he comes and displays qualities to be worth that amount, then we should pay it providing we can actually afford it this time.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Jul 2022 17:45

Loum would probably have worked well with Scott Twine in the side

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jul 2022 20:02

Nameless
hughsies no.1
SouthDownsRoyal

:mrgreen:

Na, just the name, I thought he would be a good signing but have never seen him play, in fact I have no idea if he is even a footballer, or a real person tbh

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jul 2022 20:07

We can always LOUM him out if it doesn’t work out

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Jul 2022 20:18

SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless
hughsies no.1

Na, just the name, I thought he would be a good signing but have never seen him play, in fact I have no idea if he is even a footballer, or a real person tbh

He's not a footballer more of a head baller, never yet seen a YouTube video where he actually kicks the football.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jul 2022 20:23

72 bus
SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless

He's not a footballer more of a head baller, never yet seen a YouTube video where he actually kicks the football.

Lol :mrgreen:

Gandalf Presley

by Gandalf Presley » 22 Jul 2022 20:24

Sound too much of Kia-led move (yet another Portuguese loan). For that reason alone, out.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jul 2022 20:48

Gandalf Presley Sound too much of Kia-led move (yet another Portuguese loan). For that reason alone, out.

Have you seen the guy play?!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2022 22:20

All the videos I've seen show him as a ball winner, and making some decent passes, does a lot good things but not a lot of end product. Reminds me of Paul Pogba.....Wins the ball.....looks great....then it all breaks down.
Had a fight with his captain on the pitch as well.
Might do well for us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2022 23:39

Ascotexgunner All the videos I've seen show him as a ball winner, and making some decent passes, does a lot good things but not a lot of end product. Reminds me of Paul Pogba.....Wins the ball.....looks great....then it all breaks down.
Might do well for us.

Tbf, Pepe wasn’t it? He looks a massive pcunt.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jul 2022 10:19

Ascotexgunner All the videos I've seen show him as a ball winner, and making some decent passes, does a lot good things but not a lot of end product. Reminds me of Paul Pogba.....Wins the ball.....looks great....then it all breaks down.
Might do well for us.

What we need. Hendrick and Fornah aren't ball winners. A skillet we currently lack.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jul 2022 11:47

WestYorksRoyal
Might do well for us.

What we need. Hendrick and Fornah aren't ball winners. A skillet we currently lack.

Does seem like Ince is cooking something up though

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2022 11:55

Snowflake Royal
Might do well for us.

I think we can safely assume Pepe is a massive pcunt, not just looks like one

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2022 12:16

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Might do well for us.

I think we can safely assume Pepe is a massive pcunt, not just looks like one

And the footballer.

tee hee

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2022 12:26

You’re just fishing for a new beef there…bored of Paul and Nameless :)