Joao to West Brom nonsense.

194 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Joao to West Brom nonsense.

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2022 12:50

Football insider is touting this rubbish on twitter. saying we could be `forced` to sell with him in the last year of his contract.
Piss off Gourlay and potato head.

https://twitter.com/ElmParkRoyals/statu ... 0173429761
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 19 Aug 2022 12:58, edited 2 times in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Joao to West Brom nonsense.

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Aug 2022 12:51

windermereROYAL Football insider is touting this rubbish on twitter. saying we could be `forced` to sell with him in the last year of his contract.

They lost me with this "forced to sell" nonsense. The only body that could "force" us to sell players and if they didn't force Derby to sell players in Jan, they aren't forcing us now.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Aug 2022 12:57

tidus_mi2
windermereROYAL Football insider is touting this rubbish on twitter. saying we could be `forced` to sell with him in the last year of his contract.

They lost me with this "forced to sell" nonsense. The only body that could "force" us to sell players and if they didn't force Derby to sell players in Jan, they aren't forcing us now.

No one can force a club to sell players.
The league can refuse to allow us to buy players unless we have funds but they can’t make us sell anyone.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2022 13:07

Joao looks pretty happy here to me. Wba have started poorly and tbh don’t look a great side to me. Play offs at best and to do that they’ll need to pick up significantly

If we’re out of restrictions next season there’s a fair chance we can still offer him a decent salary to stay. Esp as well have finally got rid of Moore by then. Think we could still easily offer 20kish without threatening our finances too much if we’re still in the champ

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 19 Aug 2022 13:41

would rather keep him for the season and let him go on a free if he wants to leave in the summer. Relegation will cost us far more than any transfer accepted for him now.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 19 Aug 2022 13:54

Two scenarios in which he goes -

1- he wants to force a move out, under the impression he has been disruptive behind the scenes in the past and if he has had head his turned that could have a detrimental effect to what Ince is trying to build - and at end of day you don't want someone here if they don't want to be here
2- the money is a serious offer, such as £8-10m which will help the FFP

But all the noise we have heard is Dai doesn't want to sell, we cannot reinvest the money - and we need Puscas out asap!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Aug 2022 14:26

I suppose we'll find out how serious these discussions are come Saturday, if there was any legs in this story I wouldn't be surprised to see him not in the squad, unless talks haven't progressed that far yet, still a couple weeks of the window left.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2022 14:34

Well if Blackburn think that clown BBD is worth more than £10m that`s where we should be starting from.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Aug 2022 14:47

hughsies no.1 Two scenarios in which he goes -

1- he wants to force a move out, under the impression he has been disruptive behind the scenes in the past and if he has had head his turned that could have a detrimental effect to what Ince is trying to build - and at end of day you don't want someone here if they don't want to be here

But all the noise we have heard is Dai doesn't want to sell, we cannot reinvest the money - and we need Puscas out asap!

Re 1: So far throughout his time with us, whenever he has been on the pitch he has (as far as I've seen) displayed a great relationship with his teammates and management/coaching staff. He also seems to genuinely appreciate and love the adulation he gets from our supporters. We have also seen video clips from the likes of Meite with Joao very much at the centre of the off-pitch fun. And yes, there have been times when he has looked down and frustrated during games but he seems to be a player who will always wear his heart on his sleeve whether he is 'up' or 'down'.

2: There have been reports that EFL won't allow us to reinvest proceeds so, particularly given the way they seem to be buggering us around with approvals, why take the chance. Furthermore, relegation would cost us far more than losing him for nothing at the end of the contract were we to end up in that worst case scenario.

And your final point is key. Mr Dai doesn't appear to want to sell and has proven before that he'll put his money where his will is.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2022 17:01

RoyalBlue

Re 1: So far throughout his time with us, whenever he has been on the pitch he has (as far as I've seen) displayed a great relationship with his teammates and management/coaching staff. He also seems to genuinely appreciate and love the adulation he gets from our supporters. We have also seen video clips from the likes of Meite with Joao very much at the centre of the off-pitch fun. And yes, there have been times when he has looked down and frustrated during games but he seems to be a player who will always wear his heart on his sleeve whether he is 'up' or 'down'.

2: There have been reports that EFL won't allow us to reinvest proceeds so, particularly given the way they seem to be buggering us around with approvals, why take the chance. Furthermore, relegation would cost us far more than losing him for nothing at the end of the contract were we to end up in that worst case scenario.

And your final point is key. Mr Dai doesn't appear to want to sell and has proven before that he'll put his money where his will is.

My question is are these rumours of a disruptive behaviour behind the scenes just based on Rother's character assassinations of Joao being frustrated of games?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Aug 2022 17:10

I honestly can’t see this happening. Having said that nothing would surprise me and we could end up with Kenneth Zohore, plus cash.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 19 Aug 2022 18:42

Agree with Royalblue, don't think Dai will deal even if upwards of £5m is offered.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Aug 2022 20:20

blythspartan I honestly can’t see this happening. Having said that nothing would surprise me and we could end up with Kenneth Zohore, plus cash.

That wouldn't be hideous but would preferably keep Joao.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Aug 2022 23:51

What's his salary cost?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2022 07:50

Mid Sussex Royal Agree with Royalblue, don't think Dai will deal even if upwards of £5m is offered.

But then again after the various management changes made at the club in the last 3-6 months or so they may have the leeway to call the shots on those decisions.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Aug 2022 07:55

Well it wouldn`t be too clever to let him go without lining up a replacement first, what would that leave us with? 35 year old Long, Puscas who we`re trying to shift and a few kids, that would be mental.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2022 09:24

windermereROYAL Well it wouldn`t be too clever to let him go without lining up a replacement first, what would that leave us with? 35 year old Long, Puscas who we`re trying to shift and a few kids, that would be mental.

Injured Meite

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Aug 2022 09:57

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

My question is are these rumours of a disruptive behaviour behind the scenes just based on Rother's character assassinations of Joao being frustrated of games?

:lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Aug 2022 10:18

Both Paunovic and Ince have described Joao as part of their “leadership group”. In fact he is the only player they both had in their group of five.

To me that suggests that he probably isn’t a disruptive influence.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Aug 2022 11:24

SCIAG Both Paunovic and Ince have described Joao as part of their “leadership group”. In fact he is the only player they both had in their group of five.

To me that suggests that he probably isn’t a disruptive influence.

Or the ‘leadership group’ is 4 no nonsense lads assigned to keep Joao under constant observation.....

194 posts