Hector

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Hector

by Nameless » 28 Sep 2022 14:26

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Why is it unrealistic to potentially look for a club willing to pay 50% of his wages for the remaining time of his contract with us from January onwards? It's only what happened last season and he'd be an asset for someone in this division, someone similar to a Stoke. Not only that, but even 25% of his wages (£7,500 roughly) might be acceptable so that we could bring in at least 1 other option potentially.

It may not be unrealistic to look, but finding someone to take a player who has barely played for a year, had several significant injuries and been harshly labelled a troublemaker seems optimistic. You’d be fishing in a very small pond of clubs fighting Chanp relegation or maybe Div 1 promotion with an injury crisis. Even then I don’t think they would pay £7.5 k

I don't think it's unrealistic personally, particularly not at £7.5-15k a week, depending on other clubs finances. Fair enough, barely played this calendar year due to injuries but a fit Moore is a worthy asset to most sides in this division I'd say and ultimately any signing comes with an element of risk. Think he's just had 2 pretty bad injuries in recent times really, it's just about managing that and getting him fit.

Whether it happens or not is a different matter and I wouldn't expect a queue at our door, but I wouldn't call it unrealistic at the moment, unless he suffers another crippling injury on his return (November)-January time.

If he’s a worthy asset then let’s use him !
No point offering him on the cheap to direct competitors.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Sep 2022 14:42

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
It may not be unrealistic to look, but finding someone to take a player who has barely played for a year, had several significant injuries and been harshly labelled a troublemaker seems optimistic. You’d be fishing in a very small pond of clubs fighting Chanp relegation or maybe Div 1 promotion with an injury crisis. Even then I don’t think they would pay £7.5 k

I don't think it's unrealistic personally, particularly not at £7.5-15k a week, depending on other clubs finances. Fair enough, barely played this calendar year due to injuries but a fit Moore is a worthy asset to most sides in this division I'd say and ultimately any signing comes with an element of risk. Think he's just had 2 pretty bad injuries in recent times really, it's just about managing that and getting him fit.

Whether it happens or not is a different matter and I wouldn't expect a queue at our door, but I wouldn't call it unrealistic at the moment, unless he suffers another crippling injury on his return (November)-January time.

If he’s a worthy asset then let’s use him !
No point offering him on the cheap to direct competitors.

Yeah but what is he worth to us? A lot of fans don't take too kindly to him and, by the looks of the statement about him in January, neither does the club/owner either.

£7.5k might be worth us bringing in a player (potentially on even less than that) in a more necessary position, such as a creative midfielder, or just a midfielder in general, or anymore may allow us more wriggle room to bring a player in as well as keeping both Carroll and Mbengue on for the season if both are good enough/willing to stay etc.

I'm not personally adverse to keeping him, I just think we could make better use of that resource elsewhere potentially.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2022 15:59

It’s pretty untenable for Moore to play again for us

Ince doesn’t even bother mentioning him in the injury updates yet he could be available in a month or so

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Sep 2022 17:13

Hound It’s pretty untenable for Moore to play again for us

Ince doesn’t even bother mentioning him in the injury updates yet he could be available in a month or so

Last indication was that exactly one person at the club thinks Moore will be fit in November, and it is an individual with a history of rushing Moore back from injury.

The medical advice is January.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Sep 2022 17:15

It’s a shame about Moore as he is by far the best centre back we’ve ever had in our 151 year history.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Sep 2022 17:24

Hound It’s pretty untenable for Moore to play again for us

I tend to agree, the club have made it highly unlikely he’ll play for us and much more difficult to move him on.
Bowen made it clear that while Moore was being bullish about fitness the reality was it would take longer and even then he’ll need time to get match fit. The chances of anyone paying him 15k a week seem endearingly naive/

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Sep 2022 19:01

blythspartan It’s a shame about Moore as he is by far the best centre back we’ve ever had in our 151 year history.

Give me Ivar over Moore any day of the week.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Sep 2022 19:48

From Despair To Where?
blythspartan It’s a shame about Moore as he is by far the best centre back we’ve ever had in our 151 year history.

I was trying to get a reaction from Mr Royal tbh. Moore has been decent enough but agree that Ivar, Sonko, Hicks and a few others have been better over the years.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Sep 2022 19:58

I think Hicks played the majority of his career at a lower level and, whilst good in the air, wasn't the most cultured of players. Certainly an iconic figure but from his era, Steve Wood and Keith Curle were better.

I'd put Ady Williams and Dariusz up there and possibly Gorkss as well.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Sep 2022 20:19

From Despair To Where? I think Hicks played the majority of his career at a lower level and, whilst good in the air, wasn't the most cultured of players. Certainly an iconic figure but from his era, Steve Wood and Keith Curle were better.

My top 3 would be Darius, Wood and Curle-all three way ahead of Liam Moore as IMHO were Adie, Sonko and Ivar.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Sep 2022 20:25

Stranded No problem with him training with us, especially at the moment with a few players away but I'd be surprised if we fill up our last slot with another CB.

We have Holmes, McIntyre, Sarr, Hutchinson, Yiadom, Mbengue and potentially even Moore so can play there. If we are looking at one more squad member then I would rather us use it on a more attacking midfielder to help add a little more creativity to things.

But Hector is a decent Champ CB, with PL and Bundesliga experience, who came through the ranks so who knows. Very surprised he is still available given he is only 30 - may have unrealistic wage demands.

This opinion is certain to upset a few on HNA, but I don't think Holmes + Mac as a pair are good enough yet, at the heart of one of the worst defences in recent history, promising but still too raw. Sarr - bought to keep the physios company. Yids is a RB, Mbengue - no idea. Moore - yeah right. Dann - see Sarr. Hutch - yeah he's alright but does Ince want him in midfield now? I'm not surprised Ince is looking at yet another CB. If he was as convinced as so many seem to be about Holmes+Mac he wouldn't even be looking.

scumbag

by scumbag » 28 Sep 2022 20:50

South Coast Royal
From Despair To Where? I think Hicks played the majority of his career at a lower level and, whilst good in the air, wasn't the most cultured of players. Certainly an iconic figure but from his era, Steve Wood and Keith Curle were better.

My top 3 would be Darius, Wood and Curle-all three way ahead of Liam Moore as IMHO were Adie, Sonko and Ivar.

Only a month but special mention to Matthew Upson!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 28 Sep 2022 21:03

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2022 21:04

Stan Wicks would be up there too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2022 21:39

Elm Park Kid https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/22815820.former-chelsea-defender-training-reading-fc-search-deal/

Pretty much as expected then. Would quite like a deal to happen but the finances etc…

May well be dependent on getting Dann or Moore to do one which isn’t esp likely at this stage

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Sep 2022 08:15

Hound
Elm Park Kid https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/22815820.former-chelsea-defender-training-reading-fc-search-deal/

Pretty much as expected then. Would quite like a deal to happen but the finances etc…

May well be dependent on getting Dann or Moore to do one which isn’t esp likely at this stage

With Sarr apparently now being out for weeks - we may well see a short term deal get sorted very quickly to ensure we can cover that with an option for both parties to reassess in Jan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2022 08:21

Nameless The only way I can see this happening is if Dann is going to give up the battle to get fit. And I would only want it to be on the same terms as the Carroll deal - short contract to January. His ‘wage demands’ aren’t an issue, he’ll get a take it or leave it offer.
In an ideal world Moore is fit after the World Cup and the club mend bridges and he gives us top class cover for the remaining part of his contract. Any other solution is either unrealistic or simply based on ignorance.

Really, because your solution seems to be based in fantasy land.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2022 08:28

blythspartan
From Despair To Where?

I was trying to get a reaction from Mr Royal tbh. Moore has been decent enough but agree that Ivar, Sonko, Hicks and a few others have been better over the years.

You're not going to get a bite by dangling a flashing neon sign saying bait in the water.

For the record, I'd say four years ago Moore had the potential to be up there with Ivar, Sonko, Gorkss, Pearce, Wdowczyk, Williams, Upson, Miazga etc.

But he's not close anymore and hasn't been for quite some time. He's gone a long way downhill.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Sep 2022 09:20

Millsy
Stranded No problem with him training with us, especially at the moment with a few players away but I'd be surprised if we fill up our last slot with another CB.

We have Holmes, McIntyre, Sarr, Hutchinson, Yiadom, Mbengue and potentially even Moore so can play there. If we are looking at one more squad member then I would rather us use it on a more attacking midfielder to help add a little more creativity to things.

But Hector is a decent Champ CB, with PL and Bundesliga experience, who came through the ranks so who knows. Very surprised he is still available given he is only 30 - may have unrealistic wage demands.

This opinion is certain to upset a few on HNA, but I don't think Holmes + Mac as a pair are good enough yet, at the heart of one of the worst defences in recent history, promising but still too raw. Sarr - bought to keep the physios company. Yids is a RB, Mbengue - no idea. Moore - yeah right. Dann - see Sarr. Hutch - yeah he's alright but does Ince want him in midfield now? I'm not surprised Ince is looking at yet another CB. If he was as convinced as so many seem to be about Holmes+Mac he wouldn't even be looking.

I wouldn't say I'm unconvinced by any of them, but out of the one's you've mentioned, Sarr has been, and still is, injured. Moore has had a couple of bad injuries this year and probably won't play for us again, Dann may as well retire at this point and Hutchinson has himself admitted that injury problems nearly stopped his career at a young age (it did for a time) and has said it's something he's struggled with throughout his career.

So out of our 6 natural CB's that we've got, 4 of them have got a history/recent history of injury issues (Admittedly, I'd consider that a loose term to attach to Sarr, but it still doesn't stop him getting injured) . 7 may seem excessive on the surface to have, but looking at the situation, it's probably not the worst idea ever. I'd ideally not want Yiadom or Mbengue playing outside their natural/better positions and, although it does represent a chance for the young players to prove themselves, I'd again not want to throw players into situations that the management don't feel they are ready for yet. Clarke has done well though in his limited time on the pitch, so I'd feel less uneasy with him. Hopefully Dorsett can come back and sign a new deal net year and slot comfortably into the squad.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2022 09:37

Snowflake Royal
Nameless The only way I can see this happening is if Dann is going to give up the battle to get fit. And I would only want it to be on the same terms as the Carroll deal - short contract to January. His ‘wage demands’ aren’t an issue, he’ll get a take it or leave it offer.
In an ideal world Moore is fit after the World Cup and the club mend bridges and he gives us top class cover for the remaining part of his contract. Any other solution is either unrealistic or simply based on ignorance.

Really, because your solution seems to be based in fantasy land.

Are you posting on the wrong thread ? Your response bears no relation to my comments on here.