January transfer window 2023

313 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: January transfer window 2023

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2023 14:35

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Seems to be that people are extensively linking us with players from Newcastle. There must be something in it, meaning we must have some sort of good relationships with the loan managers/recruitment department in Newcastle somewhere, but whether there is much truth to the rumours, who knows.

He was one of Norwich's best performers at one point at the top of the Championship/lower PL, stalled a bit since going to Newcastle. Still, if this ever came off, he'd surely be better than what we've currently got in that position, but would mean we'd need to send Rahman back surely.

Must there?

You'd imagine so yes. Because you can't just make stuff up from nothing, if it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2023 15:06

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Seems to be that people are extensively linking us with players from Newcastle. There must be something in it, meaning we must have some sort of good relationships with the loan managers/recruitment department in Newcastle somewhere, but whether there is much truth to the rumours, who knows.

He was one of Norwich's best performers at one point at the top of the Championship/lower PL, stalled a bit since going to Newcastle. Still, if this ever came off, he'd surely be better than what we've currently got in that position, but would mean we'd need to send Rahman back surely.

Must there?

You'd imagine so yes. Because you can't just make stuff up from nothing, if it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

That happens all the time. Didn't have you down as a new born

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2023 15:16

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Must there?

As said, if it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2023 15:21

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

As said, if it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

Some of us aren't interested in just making stuff up. And as I said, it literally does happen all the time. :roll:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2023 09:22

Alan Nixon reporting that Ejaria has been told he can leave.

No surprise and Will let us bring someone else in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2023 16:00

Thoughts with Hound at this difficult time. :wink:

Good. He's really not done enough here and doesn't really fit in. Good.luck to him, but I suspect he'll gradually disappear now.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Jan 2023 19:40

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2023 20:40

Snowflake Royal Thoughts with Hound at this difficult time. :wink:

Good. He's really not done enough here and doesn't really fit in. Good.luck to him, but I suspect he'll gradually disappear now.

Nah he’s the ability to be a decent player but clearly face doesn’t fit and not performed where he should be for a while

I’d love him to come back in fit and fired up but chances of that seem vanishingly small now

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2023 20:41

Interesting if a bit weird. Seems to be starting for them again

I’d have him back

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jan 2023 01:13

Hound

I’d have him back

I'm torn between that would be a good move and, why sign a player who was part of a midfield that should have been relegated last year.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jan 2023 07:22

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Must there?

Irs been a long standing meme in sports reporting that if you link an infinite number of players to an infinite number of clubs, eventually you'll get one right.

Vanishingly few journalists are genuinely itk, most of it's picking up on internet rumours. Yermas Dildo anyone?

The fact that we're being linked to players despite the fact we can't sign anyone without moving someone on and there's next to fcuk all news about players leaving, tells me it's all guesswork to fill pages and engineer clicks. We can't even offer Mbengue improved terms until the summer.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jan 2023 08:44

I wouldn't be against it personally. He definitely improved in a role more suited to him under Ince and he could be an asset for our squad as well.

Having said that, I wasn't all that disappointed to lose him so I don't know if those are the sorts of players I'd want back. But he would be a good player in our squad at the very least. His character would add something to the group as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2023 09:34

Hound

Nah he’s the ability to be a decent player but clearly face doesn’t fit and not performed where he should be for a while

I’d love him to come back in fit and fired up but chances of that seem vanishingly small now

Not the first time is it... didn't have the best time at Sunderland. Didn’t fit in at Rangers. Didn’t fit in and deliver at Reading. Didn't make it at Liverpool.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2023 09:37

Stranded
Hound

I’d have him back

I'm torn between that would be a good move and, why sign a player who was part of a midfield that should have been relegated last year.

I think Ince could get a lot out of Laurent. His problems last season were being given too free a role and not having enough discipline. I think Ince is a perfect person to teach him how to do his job well.

Laurent certainly has the quality if he makes the right choices.

Drinkwater was by far the bigger problem. And even he improved under Ince.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jan 2023 10:23

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Not the first time is it... didn't have the best time at Sunderland. Didn’t fit in at Rangers. Didn’t fit in and deliver at Reading. Didn't make it at Liverpool.

He had a couple of good seasons with us imo. It’s only really this year he has fallen well short

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 27 Jan 2023 10:57

Reading are preparing for fresh deadline-day interest in Lucas João.

[@DarrenOWitcoop] #readingfc
https://mobile.twitter.com/TalkReading/ ... 5721803776

Wonder what "interest" means (sell or loan)?

As his contract is up in the summer, if someone comes in with a bid we should seriously consider it
If a loan it would free up a squad space and hopefully reduce the wage bill slightly

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jan 2023 13:24

morganb Reading are preparing for fresh deadline-day interest in Lucas João.

As his contract is up in the summer, if someone comes in with a bid we should seriously consider it
If a loan it would free up a squad space and hopefully reduce the wage bill slightly

Good, not exactly setting the league alight this season, in fact has been quite poor in the games he has played.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jan 2023 13:26

morganb Reading are preparing for fresh deadline-day interest in Lucas João.

If we loan him out, we get a substantial wage off the books, which can only be a good thing. If we sell him we can a substantial wage off the books and some cash coming in, again a good thing going into a summer rebuild. Any fee may be able to be used to pay a fee.

Either way it frees up a squad spot for either a loan or a free agent - there are a few players getting contracts cancelled to allow them to move now - Josh Onomah for example could be a decent pick up.

The question simply has to be, will not having him available for the last 18 games be the difference between staying up and going down - given his lack of minutes, probably not, so probably worth moving on.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Jan 2023 14:07

Would be happy enough to see Joao leave if it means someone else can come in who can offer us something more than what Joao has this season. There's always goals in Joao, but he's not hitting them as consistently as the last couple of seasons, doesn't seem so suit our style as well, isn't getting as many minutes and is a top earner for us so would make sense to move on.

Even if it's just a small fee every penny counts for us going into next season and hopefully a suitable replacement can be found. Ejaria and Joao out for Laurent + likely a striker who we'd hope would be more suited to how we play would be pretty good business to be honest.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jan 2023 14:12

Yep, not fussed about seeing the back of Joao, when on fire he is amongst the best in the league, but then he inevitably picks up an injury and just isn't the same person again for quite a while. Part of our issues recently of being consistently crap is that we could never have a settled squad since half of them were injury prone so the sooner we move away from that, the better.

313 posts