Garang Kuol

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Garang Kuol

by Hendo » 04 Jan 2023 12:10

Transfer line from me in today's paper - Reading want to sign Newcastle wonderkid Garang Kuol on loan. The 18-year-old Australia World Cup star is also attracting interest from Hearts. Kuol arrived in England yesterday and watched the game at Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/rosshmediaman/status/1610594305604714498

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Garang Kuol

by Brogue » 04 Jan 2023 12:25

my central cost mariners supporting friend says he's the real deal

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jan 2023 12:33

Hendo
Transfer line from me in today's paper - Reading want to sign Newcastle wonderkid Garang Kuol on loan. The 18-year-old Australia World Cup star is also attracting interest from Hearts. Kuol arrived in England yesterday and watched the game at Arsenal.

Actually would really like this to happen and technically next week Reading can sign 2 players but as they want to re-sign Carroll and Mbengue it's unlikely. Hoping Reading could get one or two of the youngsters out on much needed loans but can't see that happening anytime soon giving time for other clubs to get to him!

Also Reading have 5 loanees already and a 6th would mean one of those loanees not being involved each week, while Kuol is extremely highly rated I'm not sure Reading would necessarily contemplate going down that route.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jan 2023 12:45

Promising I suppose, if not a bit of an unknown. It's another option in attacking areas nonetheless if this was to happen, I wonder if that means Azeez might go out on loan for half a season for some game time if we were to pull off something like this.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 04 Jan 2023 12:51

YorkshireRoyal99 Promising I suppose, if not a bit of an unknown. It's another option in attacking areas nonetheless if this was to happen, I wonder if that means Azeez might go out on loan for half a season for some game time if we were to pull off something like this.

Given how pInce tends to value experience over youth given a choice, I'd wonder how much playing time he'd actually get if he came here. For that reason, if there were a number of clubs looking for him, I doubt we'd be anywhere near top of the pile.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2023 13:34

Sutekh
Hendo

Actually would really like this to happen and technically next week Reading can sign 2 players but as they want to re-sign Carroll and Mbengue it's unlikely. Hoping Reading could get one or two of the youngsters out on much needed loans but can't see that happening anytime soon giving time for other clubs to get to him!

Also Reading have 5 loanees already and a 6th would mean one of those loanees not being involved each week, while Kuol is extremely highly rated I'm not sure Reading would necessarily contemplate going down that route.

I can easily see 1 loanee coming in - chances of all 5 being fit at the same time is unlikely - see Fornah out for a couple of weeks as an example. Plus we know Lumley will also miss the Boro game. Will allow for some forced rotation as well, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Wouldn't surprise me also if there are talks ongoing with Boro to see if they are willing to cancel Lumley's contract to allow him to sign a perm deal with us on the same terms.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jan 2023 13:43

Stranded
Sutekh

I can easily see 1 loanee coming in - chances of all 5 being fit at the same time is unlikely - see Fornah out for a couple of weeks as an example. Plus we know Lumley will also miss the Boro game. Will allow for some forced rotation as well, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Wouldn't surprise me also if there are talks ongoing with Boro to see if they are willing to cancel Lumley's contract to allow him to sign a perm deal with us on the same terms.

Probably similar with Fornah and Hendrick as well. Can’t see either of them having much future at their respective parent clubs.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Jan 2023 14:02

I've heard he blows hot and kuol

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jan 2023 14:19

Stranded
Sutekh

Yeah agree with that, can easily rest/not involve one loanee at a time.

Not sure what it means in terms of outgoings though, if this is even true, as we will have to move someone on in order for this to happen. Or it would mean at least one of Carroll or Mbengue will not be signing fresh terms which would be disappointing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2023 14:26

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded
Sutekh

Yeah agree with that, can easily rest/not involve one loanee at a time.

Not sure what it means in terms of outgoings though, if this is even true, as we will have to move someone on in order for this to happen. Or it would mean at least one of Carroll or Mbengue will not be signing fresh terms which would be disappointing.

Imagine we will see some movement out - the type of player Kuol seems to be (if truth in this) would make me think we are looking to shift Ejaria - but could easily see a loanee return - or Tetek going out for games if fit.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jan 2023 14:29

If it was to be any loanee, I'd hope it would be Rahman out of the lot, everyone else is doing well enough for us. I would be in favour for Ejaria moving on if we can do that, Tetek and Azeez going out on loan for half a season also wouldn't be bad either.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jan 2023 11:43

He's currently in Edinburgh, so either having a couple of days sightseeing or signing for Hearts.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jan 2023 13:22

Stranded He's currently in Edinburgh, so either having a couple of days sightseeing or signing for Hearts.

That’s that then. However the thought occurs that as he does not have 3+ apps at Championship or equivalent level might Reading be allowed to sign such a player on loan irrespective of the squad size ruling?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Jan 2023 16:21

Sutekh
Stranded He's currently in Edinburgh, so either having a couple of days sightseeing or signing for Hearts.

That’s that then. However the thought occurs that as he does not have 3+ apps at Championship or equivalent level might Reading be allowed to sign such a player on loan irrespective of the squad size ruling?

Don’t think so. I believe those are the criteria for whether any of our own young players count towards our squad numbers, new signings count whatever. We’d be picking up lots of good young Div 1 or Scottish zprem players otherwise…

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jan 2023 21:43

Nameless
Sutekh

Don’t think so. I believe those are the criteria for whether any of our own young players count towards our squad numbers, new signings count whatever. We’d be picking up lots of good young Div 1 or Scottish zprem players otherwise…

Given it was confirmed by the club that Moore is in the squad taking John Clarke's spot it is indeed the rule that amy signing counts unless we expressly state they do not.

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1