Rumour - Ovie Ejaria leaving

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Ovie Ejaria leaving

by morganb » 22 Jan 2023 11:07

Reading have told midfielder Ovie Ejaria that he can leave the club this month. (Alan Nixon on Twitter)

https://twitter.com/RFCLatest/status/16 ... zEBIg&s=19

Thoughts?

Probably a good move for the player and the team. Wonder what replacement (if any) we can get?

(Has been mentioned on a couple of other threads but felt deserves a separate one)

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Ovie Ejaria leaving

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Jan 2023 11:31

Probably best now, something major obviously happened pre Tenerife.

There were also rumoured issues this time last year during last weeks under Pauno

Lack of technical players who can do something different is a concern but I guess its horses for courses atm and until we can spend money again/offer better contracts we are where we are

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Jan 2023 13:32

Let him go. Most overrated player in the squad. Flatters to deceive too often. Yes he has talent but we don’t see enough of it. Despite supposedly being a a creative player his goals and assist numbers are really poor. If we can get some sort of fee for him and it free’s up a space in the squad for someone else I’m for it.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jan 2023 13:39

Wasted his career because he's afraid of a needle. Could've filled the creative void left by Swift but has squandered the opportunity.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 22 Jan 2023 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2023 13:49

Echo a lot of the above. Talented footballer with the ball at his feet but has never found any consistency under various different managers and in different roles. Might be able to get a bit of something for him depending where he moves, but it would free up a squad space this month for us to try and do something if we can and it would also significantly reduce our wage bill. Best for both parties to go our separate ways sooner rather than later.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jan 2023 13:55

Him leaving frees up some decent wages

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 Jan 2023 14:33

There’s more to the Ejaria story than him refusing to come on at Hull which really peed Ince off.

If Ince doesn’t trust him, he’s a high earner and taking up a squad spot we desperately need. Only problem is we are a capacity of loans at the moment so not quite sure whether a loan is on the cards of a free somewhere

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Jan 2023 15:20

Unless someone wants him (extremely unlikely) he’ll be going nowhere. We have been down this road before and we end up with a player who sits on their contract until the summer which he/they’re entitled to do. Ejaria has been a poor signing overall and isn’t very good.

I can’t name many of our players who other clubs might want, unless it’s a loan opportunity for one of our youngsters.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2023 15:34

Not exactly a scoop that one - as soon as he didn’t reappear in the squad after injury writing was on the wall

Shame as imo a fit and focussed Ejaria is worth his place in the 11 but he’s not really been that for a while

Think it’s pretty clear Ince would like him off the wage bill to allow us to bring another midfielder in. As above not sure it’ll happen though, we aren’t exactly in a position of strength

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2023 16:02

Plays football all wrong. Let's hope we can move.him on and aren't stuck with him like so many previous unwanted players.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2023 17:29

Seems to have all gone wrong since covid. Had forgotten he even played for us tbh.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Jan 2023 18:08

gazzer, loyal royal There’s more to the Ejaria story than him refusing to come on at Hull which really peed Ince off.

If Ince doesn’t trust him, he’s a high earner and taking up a squad spot we desperately need. Only problem is we are a capacity of loans at the moment so not quite sure whether a loan is on the cards of a free somewhere

No idea he had refused to come on V Hull must have missed that

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2023 08:28

Mid Sussex Royal
gazzer, loyal royal There’s more to the Ejaria story than him refusing to come on at Hull which really peed Ince off.

Straight swap for Jed Wallace appeals.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 23 Jan 2023 12:25

Mid Sussex Royal

Once wanted him to come on at half time but Ovie claimed he wasn’t fit. Ince then went mad saying he’d taken a spot on the bench when he knew he wasn’t coming on. Ince made him stay behind and rehab with the u23s rather than rehab in Tenerife

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2023 12:58

gazzer, loyal royal
Mid Sussex Royal

Once wanted him to come on at half time but Ovie claimed he wasn’t fit. Ince then went mad saying he’d taken a spot on the bench when he knew he wasn’t coming on. Ince made him stay behind and rehab with the u23s rather than rehab in Tenerife

I have absolutely zero time for any player refusing to come on from the bench.

I'm ok with someone ruling themselves out of the squad for mental health reasons, but once you're on the bench, you oxf*rd make an effort.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Jan 2023 13:04

Shame - was such an exciting player when first signed, such a prospect.

But if it's true he's acted like a bit of an antivax nutjob, I have absolutely no time for him and he can FOAD.

No player is bigger than the team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2023 16:34

Millsy Shame - was such an exciting player when first signed, such a prospect.

But if it's true he's acted like a bit of an antivax nutjob, I have absolutely no time for him and he can FOAD.

Akinfenwa?

Oh! I see.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jan 2023 17:24

Such a shame as when "on it" he was great to watch, but if his face / attitude doesn't fit, and he's just not performing, plus there's an opportunity to get a fee and reduce wages by a chunk, then bye bye it is.

He may not be the only one.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Jan 2023 18:56

I’ll be shocked if anyone wants him tbh. We should also look at sending back Baba to Chelsea and offloading Sarr. A four year contract to another injury prone player who jumps like he is 5ft and has no positional sense whatsoever.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Jan 2023 20:24

Snowflake Royal
Millsy Shame - was such an exciting player when first signed, such a prospect.

Akinfenwa?

Oh! I see.

Haha yes except him!