Points Deduction AGAIN

763 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Points Deduction AGAIN

by Mr Angry » 10 Mar 2023 16:28

Paul Ince suggested that we would hear about any punishment this week; all seems to have gone very quiet in the press over this suject during the last few days.......

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Mar 2023 17:34

Stranded
elrey
YorkshireRoyal99
But if you take Bayern and RB Leipzig out, the rest of the league is pretty poor in quality in respect to the rest of the big leagues. The amount of money in the English game, it would take a very bold (possibly even silly) move to step into that territory. Not to mention that there are a number of German clubs that still aren't run that well either.

Maybe. Does it matter if it's "pretty poor" compared to the other leagues?

They do things the right way for their country, they benefit from it more than England or Spain do.

I lived in Spain, I lived in Caceres, their team hardly has any fans, I never went to watch, they're somewhere in the depths of the WhoCaresYou'reNotRealOrBarca league. There's no community, there's no anything there. Celta de Vigo might be a bit more community based because Celta is a part of a region that doesn't like Madrid.

However football isn't about winning Champions Leagues, it's about everything that goes along with the club, improving lives. Even in Sweden they have it better than England.

The big difference over here in Germany is that a football club is not just a football club. Taking my local Bundesliga side - Eintracht Frankfurt - whilst naturally the peak of the club is the mens first team the club also runs the following - some pro, some semi-pro and most open to anyone to join:

Basketball
Boxing
Cheerleading
Ice Hockey and other Ice Sports
ESports
Fencing
General fitness classes
Golf
Handball
Hockey
Athletics
Martial Arts
Cycling
Gymnastics
Wrestling
Rugby
Swimming
Dancing
Tennis
Table Tennis
Table football
Trampolining
Triathlon
Volleyball
Ultimate Frisbee

As a result, the club is a massive part of the city and a member of one of those clubs is, in terms of the clubs rules as important as say Mario Götze when it comes to decisions affecting the whole club i.e. they are both members and get 1 vote each.

Outside of that, there are even restaurants and bars afflicated to the club so it truly feels an intergral part of the city and whilst success in the football is fantastic (the scenes when they returned with the Europa League trophy were incredible), it is not the be all and end all.

It would be great to see something like that replicated by English clubs.

Isn't that why there's clubs like Munich 1860 and Ulm 1846, in that the date is the foundation date for the original gymnastics club not the football club?

elrey

by elrey » 13 Mar 2023 05:47

Chairman Mao
Stranded
elrey
Maybe. Does it matter if it's "pretty poor" compared to the other leagues?

They do things the right way for their country, they benefit from it more than England or Spain do.

I lived in Spain, I lived in Caceres, their team hardly has any fans, I never went to watch, they're somewhere in the depths of the WhoCaresYou'reNotRealOrBarca league. There's no community, there's no anything there. Celta de Vigo might be a bit more community based because Celta is a part of a region that doesn't like Madrid.

However football isn't about winning Champions Leagues, it's about everything that goes along with the club, improving lives. Even in Sweden they have it better than England.

The big difference over here in Germany is that a football club is not just a football club. Taking my local Bundesliga side - Eintracht Frankfurt - whilst naturally the peak of the club is the mens first team the club also runs the following - some pro, some semi-pro and most open to anyone to join:

Basketball
Boxing
Cheerleading
Ice Hockey and other Ice Sports
ESports
Fencing
General fitness classes
Golf
Handball
Hockey
Athletics
Martial Arts
Cycling
Gymnastics
Wrestling
Rugby
Swimming
Dancing
Tennis
Table Tennis
Table football
Trampolining
Triathlon
Volleyball
Ultimate Frisbee

As a result, the club is a massive part of the city and a member of one of those clubs is, in terms of the clubs rules as important as say Mario Götze when it comes to decisions affecting the whole club i.e. they are both members and get 1 vote each.

Outside of that, there are even restaurants and bars afflicated to the club so it truly feels an intergral part of the city and whilst success in the football is fantastic (the scenes when they returned with the Europa League trophy were incredible), it is not the be all and end all.

It would be great to see something like that replicated by English clubs.

what a massive waste of time/money/effort
oxf*rd all of that shite

If you call having a community a "waste of time/money/effort".

The reality is getting people active and doing sport makes for a better world around us. London around the time of the London Olympics was a much safer place, why? More kids were doing sports rather than riding around on mopeds robbing people.

I guess the British way is "Me, only me, ef the rest of you all, I want my money's worth and I hate everyone else".

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2023 08:01

The joy of leaks.

Best part of 2 weeks since the "news" broke and whilst everyone is expecting it, still we wait. I can only assume the news will now come during the international break.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Mar 2023 08:51

Stranded The joy of leaks.

Best part of 2 weeks since the "news" broke and whilst everyone is expecting it, still we wait. I can only assume the news will now come during the international break.

Either that or the end of the season... when we finish 5 points ahead of 22nd place...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2023 09:01

YorkshireRoyal99

Either that or the end of the season... when we finish 5 points ahead of 22nd place...

If deductions are meant to be given no later than the 23rd March, then that would likely breach EFL rules, so likely a given.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Mar 2023 09:28

I just want to feel the vindication of getting blocked by John Percy for calling his article gutter journalism and then we don't get the point deduction.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2023 10:32

YorkshireRoyal99

Apparently Tim spoke to someone within the club on Saturday and was told the deduction would be definitely be confirmed before the international break. He wasn’t told which international break though.

Presumably Wigan will have their’s confirmed at the same time.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2023 15:54

Reports of Wigan not paying their staff today and administration is days away.
Huddersfield are teetering on edge and administration is just days away.

Whats the chances points deduction being delayed because at this rate (and thankfully) we could be staying up by default.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Mar 2023 16:38

paultheroyal Reports of Wigan not paying their staff today and administration is days away.

Whats the chances points deduction being delayed because at this rate (and thankfully) we could be staying up by default.

Just out of interest, where have you seen that Wigan are going into administration? Just had a quick google search and seen nothing but the late payments they've acknowledged.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 14 Mar 2023 16:39

paultheroyal Reports of Wigan not paying their staff today and administration is days away.

Terrible news.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2023 16:58

YorkshireRoyal99

Just out of interest, where have you seen that Wigan are going into administration? Just had a quick google search and seen nothing but the late payments they've acknowledged.

Their forum - dedicated thread to all their recent woes, chairman gone missing and various comments today about wages not being paid.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Mar 2023 19:28

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99

Apparently Tim spoke to someone within the club on Saturday and was told the deduction would be definitely be confirmed before the international break. He wasn’t told which international break though.

Presumably Wigan will have their’s confirmed at the same time.

Dellor later said on the BBC podcast with Gooding and Williams that his view was it was very much up in the air, I expect the club source was someone behind the bar as it wasn't mentioned at all

hobbitx007

by hobbitx007 » 14 Mar 2023 20:42

The EFL decision relating to Wigan is here on the EFL website.
https://www.efl.com/news/2023/january/e ... -athletic/
Wigan Athletic has received a three-point deduction to be suspended until 31 December 2023 after admitting to multiple breaches of EFL Regulations.
The sanction imposed is for failing to adhere to the terms of the Standard Contracts that were in force between the Club and its Players for the late payment of player wages on three separate occasions.
In addition, the Club’s owner will also be required to deposit an amount equal to 125% of the forecast monthly wage bill in a designated Club account, which may be called upon by the Club should there be any future delays in processing payments.
The Club will also be required to report on the operation of the account and to maintain it at appropriate levels until 31 December 2023.
The sanctions have been agreed by the Club in accordance with the terms of an ‘Agreed Decision’ which have formally been ratified by an Independent Disciplinary Commission Chair as per the requirements of EFL Regulations with the Club also paying associated costs.
The Agreed Decision can be found here.
END QUOTE

It could be that this is what the current EFL review is surrounding Reading as we had a late player wage payment issue back in Nov/Dec.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189964&p=5331032&hilit=salary#p5331032

Just speculation but seems to fit.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Mar 2023 07:00

hobbitx007 The EFL decision relating to Wigan is here on the EFL website.
https://www.efl.com/news/2023/january/e ... -athletic/
Wigan Athletic has received a three-point deduction to be suspended until 31 December 2023 after admitting to multiple breaches of EFL Regulations.
The sanction imposed is for failing to adhere to the terms of the Standard Contracts that were in force between the Club and its Players for the late payment of player wages on three separate occasions.
In addition, the Club’s owner will also be required to deposit an amount equal to 125% of the forecast monthly wage bill in a designated Club account, which may be called upon by the Club should there be any future delays in processing payments.
The Club will also be required to report on the operation of the account and to maintain it at appropriate levels until 31 December 2023.
The sanctions have been agreed by the Club in accordance with the terms of an ‘Agreed Decision’ which have formally been ratified by an Independent Disciplinary Commission Chair as per the requirements of EFL Regulations with the Club also paying associated costs.
The Agreed Decision can be found here.
END QUOTE

It could be that this is what the current EFL review is surrounding Reading as we had a late player wage payment issue back in Nov/Dec.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189964&p=5331032&hilit=salary#p5331032

Just speculation but seems to fit.

So based on that decision in January. given the owner clearly hadn't put aside the 125% of wages in the club account and they then missed the payment run, there can be no doubt that the suspended penalty should be applied.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 16 Mar 2023 10:31

Think today will be the day we get confirmation.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Mar 2023 11:47

RG30 Think today will be the day we get confirmation.

Why?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Mar 2023 15:02

The noise out of the club seems to have shifted from "it's a done deal" to "we just don't know" so maybe something has changed.

Alan Nixon, who isn't always on the ball but often is, seems to suggest it is going to a panel to decide the outcome which suggests we haven't come to an agreement or the issue isn't covered by the automatic application of 6 points.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Mar 2023 15:08

Stranded The noise out of the club seems to have shifted from "it's a done deal" to "we just don't know" so maybe something has changed.

Alan Nixon, who isn't always on the ball but often is, seems to suggest it is going to a panel to decide the outcome which suggests we haven't come to an agreement or the issue isn't covered by the automatic application of 6 points.

Did QPR go to a panel a few years ago and they ended up with a big fine?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Mar 2023 15:09

When is the deadline for it to happen this season?

763 posts