Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Points Deduction AGAIN

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Mar 2023 13:13

NathStPaul
Brogue
Nameless
It’s not news , it’s speculation.

Yeah but it’s from the telegraph not some shitty little news outlet. The likelihood of this being correct is more so than not.

Nameless is in the denial stage of the 5 stages of grief I see.

Can we fast forward to bargaining and get him down to EFL headquarters?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Mar 2023 13:14

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul
Brogue
Yeah but it’s from the telegraph not some shitty little news outlet. The likelihood of this being correct is more so than not.

Exactly, nameless knows everything about everything. He is an expert on all topics. He is the only person to get us out of this mess.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Mar 2023 13:16

Brogue
Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul Nameless is in the denial stage of the 5 stages of grief I see.

Exactly, nameless knows everything about everything. He is an expert on all topics. He is the only person to get us out of this mess.

"So Nameless, can you please justify the breach and Reading's flagrant breaking of the set rules?"

"We didn't break the rules"

"Well, that's us convinced. Reading can start next season on +12 points"

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Mar 2023 13:21

Bring it on this season and it won't harm us.

Get whatever it is we've done wrong out the way.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2023 13:24

NathStPaul
Brogue
Nameless
It’s not news , it’s speculation.

Rather bizarre given you’ve made EXACTLY the same point I did !

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Mar 2023 13:25

Nameless
NathStPaul
Brogue

Well it is clear we have done something wrong, we just don't know what that is yet. Clearly it isn't just speculation though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Mar 2023 13:34

I think the concern would be if the embargo gets extended into next season.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Mar 2023 13:34

How has it been picked up now? Do we do monthly reports to EFL and that is how it has come to light (1 month after the transfer window slammed shut)?

If we've breached then is it possible for us to put it right before the end of the season or is a breach something that can't be rectified?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2023 13:35

NathStPaul
Nameless
NathStPaul Nameless is in the denial stage of the 5 stages of grief I see.

Well it is clear we have done something wrong, we just don't know what that is yet. Clearly it isn't just speculation though.

It obviously is speculation given how heavily caveated it is.
The points deduction is pure speculation.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2023 13:39

morganb How has it been picked up now? Do we do monthly reports to EFL and that is how it has come to light (1 month after the transfer window slammed shut)?

If we've breached then is it possible for us to put it right before the end of the season or is a breach something that can't be rectified?

No one can answer those questions on here.
a simple example would be the 25 player limit. If we’ve signed 26 we can’t unsign one. But obviously we couldn’t sign 26 anyway…..
If we have blown the wage budget then we can’t reduce it at this stage, but it shouldn’t be possible to blow it (except I’ve never seen an explanation of how bonuses get factored into the budget )
If we are heading to make a bigger loss than allowed obviously in theory we could slash costs and try and increase revenue and might find a way out of it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2023 13:41

morganb How has it been picked up now? Do we do monthly reports to EFL and that is how it has come to light (1 month after the transfer window slammed shut)?

In terms of reporting my understanding has been we have to report pretty much everything to the EFL. It might be we have told them we have an issue with something and are working with them to resolve it, rather than they have uncovered wrong doing we were trying to hide.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Mar 2023 13:42

I'm sure I read in the last STAR minutes on twitter (defs from this year) that they asked a question on the business plan and the club confirmed all ok and dialogue with EFL remained positive.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Mar 2023 13:47

Mid Sussex Royal I'm sure I read in the last STAR minutes on twitter (defs from this year) that they asked a question on the business plan and the club confirmed all ok and dialogue with EFL remained positive.

Think this could be the extract from the minutes you mention -

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTilehurst ... 6737838080

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Mar 2023 13:49

Mid Sussex Royal I'm sure I read in the last STAR minutes on twitter (defs from this year) that they asked a question on the business plan and the club confirmed all ok and dialogue with EFL remained positive.

Yeah it's on here somewhere, they said the club were on forecast to be compliant with the EFL business plan and that wasn't all that long ago, a matter of weeks I think?

It surely can't be related to transfers or wage budgets can it because we had to have a sign off for every signing we made by the EFL.

The only thing I can think it's due to is because of our losses being more than expected in the business plan. Whether the operating costs are still at levels that are crippling us, I don't know.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Mar 2023 13:58

YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah it's on here somewhere, they said the club were on forecast to be compliant with the EFL business plan and that wasn't all that long ago, a matter of weeks I think?

It surely can't be related to transfers or wage budgets can it because we had to have a sign off for every signing we made by the EFL.

The only thing I can think it's due to is because of our losses being more than expected in the business plan. Whether the operating costs are still at levels that are crippling us, I don't know.

We've just netted a load though from the cup game at Man U

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Mar 2023 13:59

:roll:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Mar 2023 14:03

Mid Sussex Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

We've just netted a load though from the cup game at Man U

Our operating costs (in part due to our wages) were so high before that a measly £1m+ wasn't going to sort those issues out.

The only other thing you'd feel it could be was that the club always knew they were going to break the EFL business plan and we've just gone and accepted a potential 6 point deduction and then just hope that we survive again.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Mar 2023 14:07

Think the club should have already released a statement by now. At least the end of the season should be exciting

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Mar 2023 14:07

Are the FL actually fit for purpose, can’t see how Reading could have done anything untoward given every transfer and wage offer has to be approved by the FL in the first place. Perhaps we have a case of overly complex and ambiguous regulations under “the plan” and therefore whether there is any breach or not is dependent on who is reading it at the time.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Mar 2023 14:11

Hate every pcunt fan of other teams thinking they're an expert on our club's finances saying the EFL should just throw the book at us.

763 posts