RUMOUR - Experienced Premiership Defender

147 posts
ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 17 Jan 2008 19:45

I would love man Citys Dunne to come here,hes looking for a move.by the way,an unnamed prem club has highjacked Birminghams Mcfaddon bid

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Jan 2008 19:47

ankeny I would love man Citys Dunne to come here,hes looking for a move.by the way,an unnamed prem club has highjacked Birminghams Mcfaddon bid

Richard Dunne?! LOL come on folks, be realistic!!

Just heard that, McFadden couldn't agree terms apparantly, says to me that someone has come in last minute with a big bucks offer!! Middlesbrough maybe? They could do with a forward.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Jan 2008 19:51

Alan Partridge
ankeny I would love man Citys Dunne to come here,hes looking for a move.by the way,an unnamed prem club has highjacked Birminghams Mcfaddon bid

Just heard that, McFadden couldn't agree terms apparantly, says to me that someone has come in last minute with a big bucks offer!! Middlesbrough maybe? They could do with a forward.

...and Downing is at long last probably on his way to Spurs.
What are the odds on us being the unnamed club?
100/1?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Jan 2008 19:55

Victor Meldrew
Alan Partridge

...and Downing is at long last probably on his way to Spurs.
What are the odds on us being the unnamed club?
100/1?

Add a nought to that!!

He's not going to Brum as he's been offered more money somewhere else, that's how it looks to me. There's no way that is Reading's style! :lol:

mcnessa

by mcnessa » 18 Jan 2008 02:43

Coppelled Streets Gardner?

I hope you don't mean the Spurs' Gardner.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 07:22

Pardew?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 18 Jan 2008 13:32

Some of the posts on this thread make me laugh, they really do!!

Someone says that <insert player's name here> is a possibility. The response is invariably 'We can't sign him he's sh!t'.

Someone says let's sign Richard Dunne. The response is 'Be realistic'.

So all these armchair managers are saying that they know better than Coppell as to who will fit in the squad, but when names are mentioned they all say that the particular player isn't good enough for us and that we should change our policy and gambe our financial security by signing a very good and expensive player (or just expensive in the case of WSF and people like him). When this is mentioned, all say that we won't have a chance of signing him.

I just don't know what people on here want. I'm not having a go at these people, because at least most of them offer reasonably written arguments
(I, of course, exclude WSF, Gus and Royalee from the 'reasonable' group).

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 Jan 2008 13:36

Hampshire Royal I just don't know what people on here want. I'm not having a go at these people, because at least most of them offer reasonably written arguments

They want, or so it seems, to make grand claims so that if they're right they can say "I told you so" and if they're wrong, simply "Well Coppell needs to get it right, not me".

It's what breeds discussion, so while I find some of it tedious, hobnob would shut down without these wild claims. And I don't know what I'd do if that happened.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Jan 2008 13:44

david weir?

alan stubbs?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 18 Jan 2008 14:20

Alan Hansen.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Jan 2008 14:29

Mark Lawrenson.

Sorry. :oops:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jan 2008 15:08

Alan Partridge
ankeny by the way,an unnamed prem club has highjacked Birminghams Mcfaddon bid

He's signed for Brum now!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 15:11

TBM
Alan Partridge

Again?!?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jan 2008 15:13

Rawlie19
TBM
Alan Partridge

Again?!?

No just the once
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 15:31

TBM
Rawlie19
TBM
Alan Partridge

Again?!?

No just the once
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html

Oh, well seeing as it was reported this morning I thought maybe he'd signed an extension or something. :wink:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Jan 2008 16:18

Hampshire Royal Some of the posts on this thread make me laugh, they really do!!

Someone says that <insert player's name here> is a possibility. The response is invariably 'We can't sign him he's sh!t'.

Someone says let's sign Richard Dunne. The response is 'Be realistic'.

So all these armchair managers are saying that they know better than Coppell as to who will fit in the squad, but when names are mentioned they all say that the particular player isn't good enough for us and that we should change our policy and gambe our financial security by signing a very good and expensive player (or just expensive in the case of WSF and people like him). When this is mentioned, all say that we won't have a chance of signing him.

I just don't know what people on here want. I'm not having a go at these people, because at least most of them offer reasonably written arguments
There is a middle ground between shit and Richard Dunne though. The reason he may be moving is because he's widely regarded as about the best in the business this season, so he thinks he can do better than rich, ambitious Man City. I.e. not Reading.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 18 Jan 2008 16:24

West Stand Flash The worrying aspect is 'Experienced which means 'old' normally.

If someone is bored, how about they post all centrebacks for each Premiership club & we can pick out the possibilities :lol:

No thats not true i remember Erik Obinna Chukwenyelu as the matchday programme said "the 24 year old journey-man" ! In other words no-one wants him but i hope we sign a younger "experienced player" such as Davenport or Upson (both links in the past but playing for the scum)

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 18 Jan 2008 16:51

tomrfcurz
West Stand Flash The worrying aspect is 'Experienced which means 'old' normally.

If someone is bored, how about they post all centrebacks for each Premiership club & we can pick out the possibilities :lol:

No thats not true i remember Erik Obinna Chukwenyelu as the matchday programme said "the 24 year old journey-man" ! In other words no-one wants him but i hope we sign a younger "experienced player" such as Davenport or Upson (both links in the past but playing for the scum)

I had TOTALLY forgotten about him

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 18 Jan 2008 17:51

That'd be my guess

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Jan 2008 18:02

You can rest easy regarding Davenport - he's gone on loan to Watford.

147 posts