Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

RUMOUR - Chris Taylor

by Platypuss » 14 Jan 2009 17:54

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Chris Taylor

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2009 17:58

Could be good cover to bring in and get up to speed for the Prem as well. To replace Convey.

It would be nice to go into next season, should we get promoted, with 2 wingers for each flank.

I can't see Convey staying, I'm not sure Kebe or Henry are good enough either.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Jan 2009 18:47

I think Kebe will prove good enough. Don't think Henry is a premiership player.

Convey will leave at the end of the season in all probability.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 14 Jan 2009 19:54

Archie's penalty I think Kebe will prove good enough. Don't think Henry is a premiership player.

isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2009 22:10

Archie's penalty I think Kebe will prove good enough. Don't think Henry is a premiership player.

I see Kebe as having massive potential as an impact sub for a season in the Prem, maybe then as a starter later on. He will no way be good enough to start consistantly straight away. He still runs into blind alleys and fails to deliver an end product far too often. I'd expect if we stayed down he'd get over that, but not stepping up a level if he hasn't got past it at this level yet.

Henry could be good enough but to a lesser degree than Kebe, but really needs to get at least another 10 -15 games under his belt this season to stand a chance. Even then I think he wouldn't be good enough as a starter straight away.

Hunt is the only winger we have good enough to go straight into a Prem season as a starter. He won't be a match winner all the time and he may become anonymous every now and then, but with a quality winger on the opposite flank that is much less of an issue. We cannot afford to have a player on both flanks who is likely to go missing for a fair few games in a row several times in a season.

We will desperately need a new winger at the end of the season (if we get promoted), to step in above Kebe. Someone with experience, but coming towards the end of their career may be a good bet, as Kebe/Henry can be brought up to speed nicely, rather than thrown in at the deep end.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 14 Jan 2009 22:59

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1