Talk sport

pwb

Talk sport

by pwb » 28 Apr 2009 17:06

On talk sport at the moment Ian wright and Co, are talking about the goal that never was and are saying BFC and SUFC will probably go to court over it if we get promoted, Due to the fact, that if the goal was not given, then we would not be in our present posision.

SUFC bad grapes again and they will probably bring WHUFC into it.

All thoughts welcome!

The game was so long ago now, I can't see how it would affect any thing now.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Talk sport

by brendywendy » 28 Apr 2009 17:07

it doesnt

but that wont stop some one sueing west ham over it

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 28 Apr 2009 17:08

They cant do that, its bollocks. The game could have swung in a different diection if that hadnt of gone in, and we could have won 3-0. Plus, didnt Coppell offer to replay the game?

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 28 Apr 2009 17:09

We would have probably gone on to win the game if the goal that never was hadn't been given. We have since had various blatant penalty appeals turned down so will those games be replayed? Not got a leg to stand on imo.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Apr 2009 17:10

you wait till i speak to those two jokers

that radio stations gone reet downhill since i no longer appear on it

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Apr 2009 17:11

Talksport in making outrageous claim in order to get people to phone in shocker...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 Apr 2009 17:11

How does that even make sense?

We didn't win the game, and our goal difference would still be pretty much insurmountable to beat in one game.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 28 Apr 2009 17:13

pwb On talk sport at the moment Ian wright and Co, are talking about the goal that never was and are saying BFC and SUFC will probably go to court over it if we get promoted, Due to the fact, that if the goal was not given, then we would not be in our present posision.

SUFC bad grapes again and they will probably bring WHUFC into it.

All thoughts welcome!

The game was so long ago now, I can't see how it would affect any thing now.

Hmmmm and Sheffield United gained two points at our place as they got away with a handball in their penalty box. We should make that appeal if Sheffield United get promoted over us.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 28 Apr 2009 17:18

Absolute cobblers non-story on Talk Sport - usual ginger nonce Adrian Durham thinking up something that will be controversial to gain interest and calls to their premium rate phone-in show...

So....Reading will only have to replay the Watford game if events pan out on Sunday if we are in an auto space at the end of the normal season? Why not Reading appeal then if we miss out by two points by drawing Saturday and Sheff Utd winning - can we say we want to replay the Watford game and may be we can get 3 points instead of the 1 we got???!!! That would give Sheff Utd something to sue the FA about...

What is the difference between the ghost goal and goals that are given that did not cross the line - even if they were between the posts?!

Then you have the Talk Advert presenters saying "well let's hope Reading don't go up then"...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Apr 2009 17:22

Barstewards.

If we do go up - they'll be all over us and wanting interviews with Copps and JM - if I were them, I'd tell Talk Sport to "do one". In fact, I have contacts with Alan Brazil - I might make a complaint!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Apr 2009 17:23

Royal Lady Barstewards.

If we do go up - they'll be all over us and wanting interviews with Copps and JM - if I were them, I'd tell Talk Sport to "do one". In fact, I have contacts with Alan Brazil - I might make a complaint!!

about his appalling morning radio show, or tonights LOLfest?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 28 Apr 2009 17:30

You mean you don't llike to listen to Alan's almost daily January to March grovelfest for his place at the Coral corporate trough at Cheltenham Festival....

or his slightly to the right of Adolf Hitler's political views??

Best thing on Talk Rot in the last week was Alan Brazil and "Porky" Parry's indignation at the new income tax legislation for earners over £150k a year!

tink

by tink » 28 Apr 2009 17:33

This was obviously going to happen if there was a point in at the end of the season, be it for auto, play-off or relegation - someone was always going to point out that if the lino hadn't given that goal, the result would have been 2-1, we'd have been a point worse off.

I was really hoping that come the end of the season we'd be in a nice bit of breathing space so that no-one could accuse us of being where we were thanks to a 'dodgy point that we didn't deserve'

But as everyone else has already pointed out, we might have won that came if we hadn't gone in front when we did, and there were numerous other points in the season where we could have had pens etc. I suppose the thing with the watford goal tho is that it wasn't a debatable decision like a pen, it simply shouldn't have been given.

But nothing was ever going to get done about after the ref had given it and we'd played on. It's ridiculous that it's being brought up again now :evil:

pwb

by pwb » 28 Apr 2009 17:38

Yep! it happened on our sixth game, out of 46, so plenty of time for it to work it self out. Oh! and it has, we go up on Sunday.

tink This was obviously going to happen if there was a point in at the end of the season, be it for auto, play-off or relegation - someone was always going to point out that if the lino hadn't given that goal, the result would have been 2-1, we'd have been a point worse off.

I was really hoping that come the end of the season we'd be in a nice bit of breathing space so that no-one could accuse us of being where we were thanks to a 'dodgy point that we didn't deserve'

But as everyone else has already pointed out, we might have won that came if we hadn't gone in front when we did, and there were numerous other points in the season where we could have had pens etc. I suppose the thing with the watford goal tho is that it wasn't a debatable decision like a pen, it simply shouldn't have been given.

But nothing was ever going to get done about after the ref had given it and we'd played on. It's ridiculous that it's being brought up again now :evil:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 28 Apr 2009 17:43

Mr Optimist You mean you don't llike to listen to Alan's almost daily January to March grovelfest for his place at the Coral corporate trough at Cheltenham Festival....

or his slightly to the right of Adolf Hitler's political views??

Best thing on Talk Rot in the last week was Alan Brazil and "Porky" Parry's indignation at the new income tax legislation for earners over £150k a year!

+1 horrendous radio station with nothing to talk about and no rights to any games!

Don't mind Terry Chtistian but apart from that awful!

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Apr 2009 17:53

further proof that talksport are trying to position themselves as the enfant terrible. look how edgy and controversial they can be talking about law suits and whose going to sue who and why. total crap. SSC offered to replay the game and both watford AND the FA wouldnt hear of it. sour grapes on brum and the blades part, nothing will come of it.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 28 Apr 2009 17:56

:lol: So if it were replayed, and we beat Watford and they were 1 point from safety prior, they could have been relegated, would that have been fair on them?

Snot gunna apen :mrgreen:

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 28 Apr 2009 17:58

Rusty royal Snot gunna apen :mrgreen:

Is that chav speak?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 28 Apr 2009 18:34

It's all a load of tosh as both games will end as draws. :roll:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 28 Apr 2009 18:38

Gordons Cumming It's all a load of tosh as both games will end as draws. :roll:

Non-believer, do you have no romance in your soul?

We are going up, we are going up!

I am in Y26 on Sunday so does anyone know where I can buy a stab proof vest? When our third goal goes in I can see things turning a bit ugly!!