Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

451 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 06 Oct 2009 08:16

Madstad to Nadderud Then write a letter to Sir JM and let him know how you feel.

JM knows how the fans felt, he is not deaf.

separate the hotel and the football side of stuff and it would all be clearer, however that is not going to happen as it is all linked in one holding company from what I can see.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 06 Oct 2009 08:58

Madejski has not the slightest interest in the "football club" for footballing reasons, we have been, as he promised, to the Premier League, so now it's "job done" as far as he is concerned and his interests now lie with the "company". His recent comment that we are in a strong position ?? obviously he doesn't look at the league table and makes his appearance in the recent TV documentary, wearing a Reading FC shirt even more of a joke, he is single handedly ruined all that the football club has achieved over the past years, and this continual bollocks about "our determination" to get back into the Premiership is just getting laughable. It.s a pity they put that bloody hotel there, we might well be still in the top league if it wasnt.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 06 Oct 2009 09:03

The mark...................................................................your post

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 06 Oct 2009 12:40

I thought the hotel was running at a very tidy profit, hence the reason to extend it further?

Surely, if this all under one holding company as RFC, then that must be a good thing? SJM knows that to run a football club profitably you need more than just a football club...
Last edited by M U R T Y on 06 Oct 2009 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 06 Oct 2009 12:48

Try explaining that to Royal Lady.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 06 Oct 2009 13:10

M U R T Y I thought the hotel was running at a very tidy profit, hence the reason to extend it further?

Surely, if this all under one holding company as RFC, then that must be a good thing? SJM knows that to run a football club profitably you need more than just a football club...

According to Tim Dellor on BBCRB there was a net outflow of funds from the football club to the hotel averaging £15m per year. Enough to buy s few decent players.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Oct 2009 13:26

I suspect that is complete and utter bollocks.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 06 Oct 2009 13:30

I'm sure it would, but players last but a few years, where as the hotel would be part of the infrastructure and longetivity of the club for many years to come. We all want success, but pointing the failure in the premier league towards the hotel is ridiculous.

For me, failure in the premier league was down to a sever lack of ambition from Coppell and a change in belief/teamwork/spirit/attitude from the players.
(But thats a whole other thread of arguments...)

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Oct 2009 13:45

If Dellor thinks £150 million has gone from the football club to the hotel could he explain where that money was generated ?

Presumably those sort of figures would suggest the hotel has been a massive loss maker and you'd question why in that case it's twice been extended....

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Oct 2009 14:00

North Somerset Royal According to Tim Dellor on BBCRB there was a net outflow of funds from the football club to the hotel averaging £15m per year.

He's a football commentator/sports journalist and not an accountant for a reason.........

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 06 Oct 2009 14:04

Sun Tzu If Dellor thinks £150 million has gone from the football club to the hotel could he explain where that money was generated ?

Presumably those sort of figures would suggest the hotel has been a massive loss maker and you'd question why in that case it's twice been extended....

No he did not say that it was every year. He was referring to the period covered by the financial statement and was saying to Mick Gooding that it missed out the figures relating to the hotel. Dellor said (around 2.40pm on Saturday as I arrived at the stadium) if one looked at the consolidated accounts at Companies House one would find that around £15m a year during that period passed from the football club to the hotel. He was not specific about what it was used for but I assumed that it was to fund capital works rather than subsidising trading losses.

Whilst I am normally sceptical of this sort of claim I was surprised that Dellor was so forthright as in the past I have found him rather mealy mouthed and reluctant to go against the clubs official line. I doubt whether he would make such a bold statement unless he had something to back it up and as far as I am aware the club have not complained or countered it.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Oct 2009 14:10

Thanks for the clarification NSR !

Looking at Strap's accounts details on theFinancial Statement thread i can;t see anything that represents that amount of money movingbetween the companies, but then I am not an accountant, and perhaps it wouldn;t show anyway !

If it did I would have thought Strap woul dhave been right on to it.

Could Dellor have been confused by the item which is described as chaiman's loan to the hotel which shows each year at £17million but i think is a single loan just accrued (if that is the term !)

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 06 Oct 2009 14:12

Tim Dellor is the bloke who was ranting a couple of weeks ago about hundreds of millions of pounds going missing. Regret he is a complete cretin when it comes to understanding accounts and finance.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 06 Oct 2009 14:30

Looking at the figures for 3 years displayed again in Club Policies the Hotel actually provided 15 million income over the period not the other way round as Tim Dellor apparently implied.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Oct 2009 22:14

Indeed; I quite like him as it happens but when he goes off on one he really does make himself sound like a bit of a twat.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Oct 2009 11:20

Yellowcoat Looking at the figures for 3 years displayed again in Club Policies the Hotel actually provided 15 million income over the period not the other way round as Tim Dellor apparently implied.

LOL

dellor is a buffoon then, as are all the people who moan about the hotel

if true

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 25 Oct 2009 21:16

Sun Tzu Thanks for the clarification NSR !

Looking at Strap's accounts details on theFinancial Statement thread i can;t see anything that represents that amount of money movingbetween the companies, but then I am not an accountant, and perhaps it wouldn;t show anyway !

Could Dellor have been confused by the item which is described as chaiman's loan to the hotel which shows each year at £17million but i think is a single loan just accrued (if that is the term !)

I'm afraid Tim Dellor is talking bollux, (as if that's news to us!). The hotel contributes c. £500k profit per year to the football club. There is a loan of about £17M outstanding on it, provided interest free (IIRC) by the Chairman. I could not see anywhere in teh accounts that the hotel was a drain on the football club. I'd say it's the other way round frankly!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Nov 2009 11:08

Watch this space.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Nov 2009 11:55

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Nov 2009 12:07

strap
Sun Tzu Thanks for the clarification NSR !

I'm afraid Tim Dellor is talking bollux,

:o

451 posts