Gylfi to leave ?!!!

299 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Gylfi to leave ?!!!

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Jul 2010 20:31

Mate is a box holder at Spurs and knows some of the backroom team.

If he plays well until xmas they will bid in Jan - Redknapp is a big fan.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Jul 2010 21:12

Mid Sussex Royal Mate is a box holder at Spurs and knows some of the backroom team.

If he plays well until xmas they will bid in Jan - Redknapp is a big fan.

Not sure we accept bids that come in an envelope.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 29 Jul 2010 21:53

My personall feeling is that if we were to sell Gylfi, then we would change back to 442, as I dont think we have anyone yet ready to play in the Sigs position.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 30 Jul 2010 08:50

From what Gylfi has said in interviews I think he's sensible enough to realise that he's better off playing for us than going to a Premiership club now and sitting in the reserves. Lets face it he's only had one season in our first team, so he still has a lot to prove.

He'll be playing in the Premiership with us next year anyway.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Jul 2010 10:16

Drew_3 Funny how no one asks that when talking about lampards 20+ goals a season!

and before you say you have talked about lampard, you were talking about his position not panalties

What are you on about?

I've said that 20 goals from the position he plays (which is very similar to Lampards) isn't quite the same as 20 goals from midfield, because he's not playing as a midfielder.

Is your point that nobody ever says that Lampards goals, or anyone elses, includes penalties and so isn't quite such an achievment as scoring 20 from open play? If so I think you're wrong. The media might not mention it because they like to hype everything up, but I think your general clued up fan is aware that some players clock up goals through penalties and so look at some of those scoring records with a bit or realism.

It's amazing that Sigurdsson scored so many penalties too. I can't remember a season, or pretty much a half season to be honest, where we won so many penalties let alone scored them.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 30 Jul 2010 13:53

Hoop Blah
Drew_3 Funny how no one asks that when talking about lampards 20+ goals a season!

and before you say you have talked about lampard, you were talking about his position not panalties

What are you on about?

I've said that 20 goals from the position he plays (which is very similar to Lampards) isn't quite the same as 20 goals from midfield, because he's not playing as a midfielder.

Is your point that nobody ever says that Lampards goals, or anyone elses, includes penalties and so isn't quite such an achievment as scoring 20 from open play? If so I think you're wrong. The media might not mention it because they like to hype everything up, but I think your general clued up fan is aware that some players clock up goals through penalties and so look at some of those scoring records with a bit or realism.

It's amazing that Sigurdsson scored so many penalties too. I can't remember a season, or pretty much a half season to be honest, where we won so many penalties let alone scored them.

Trevor Morley ftw

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 30 Jul 2010 18:17

Hoop Blah

What are you on about?

Thats what I ment and I would agree with you that fans pick it up more than the media.

Interestingly the whole winning more penalties thing was something that I noticed and I think it was because we had two wingers with pace who liked to attack defenders and get behind them, we also had late runs into the box from midfield.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Jul 2010 18:57

donface
Hoop Blah

What are you on about?

Trevor Morley ftw

Only player I've ever seen to score a penalty with his head (ok so on the rebound, but still impressive)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 Jul 2010 22:58

Harold Jarman did the same for Newport County

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Aug 2010 09:37

Snowball Harold Jarman did the same for Newport County

The difference in that case though was that Jarman actually took the penalty with his head.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 09 Aug 2010 17:46

According to Icelandic media scouts from Stuttgart and Villarreal will watch Gylfi in action when Iceland U-21 play Germany on wednesday. Many scouts from other clubs will attend the game apparently. I have a hunch, Reading will recieve a cheeky bid for Gylfi before the end of August but hopefully he will stay.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Aug 2010 17:59

I would want at least 5 million if we were to sell him now.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Aug 2010 19:50

He has a release cluase in his contract that is at least £5m. If that is triggerred then it is up to him.......

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Aug 2010 19:54

LoyalRoyal22 I would want at least 5 million if we were to sell him now.

When Reading sell players none of it is invested in the team. If Gylfi goes for 5 million, I bet we'll spend 500k max and claim " its a sign of the clubs huge ambition" bla bla..

Do not want him going anywhere.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 12 Aug 2010 08:29

IcelandicStokie According to Icelandic media scouts from Stuttgart and Villarreal will watch Gylfi in action when Iceland U-21 play Germany on wednesday. Many scouts from other clubs will attend the game apparently. I have a hunch, Reading will recieve a cheeky bid for Gylfi before the end of August but hopefully he will stay.

:cry:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Aug 2010 13:13

Said cheeky bid has to be at least 5 million down or else I can see STs being sent back to JM.....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Aug 2010 17:12

Barry the bird boggler Said cheeky bid has to be at least 5 million down or else I can see STs being sent back to JM.....

Don't make me laugh. You really think that Reading supporters have the balls to do something like that?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2010 22:02

FiNeRaIn
LoyalRoyal22 I would want at least 5 million if we were to sell him now.

When Reading sell players none of it is invested in the team. If Gylfi goes for 5 million, I bet we'll spend 500k max and claim " its a sign of the clubs huge ambition" bla bla..

Do not want him going anywhere.

Do you see the rather big flaw in your post highlighted?
And I'd suggest £4m is not a bad amount to invest from £12m when you're about to lose a massive revenue stream and are still having to downsize. (Mills £2.5m, McAnuff £500k, Rasiak £300k, Cummings £300k, Howard £500k ish btw)

I think we'd definitely take £5m for him.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Aug 2010 09:14

Terminal Boardom
Barry the bird boggler Said cheeky bid has to be at least 5 million down or else I can see STs being sent back to JM.....

Don't make me laugh. You really think that Reading supporters have the balls to do something like that?

I wouldn't do that, I support not the club - players (as good as they are) come and go

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Gylfi to Fulham

by floyd__streete » 18 Aug 2010 21:58

299 posts