Mr Mad's financial travails

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Mr Mad's financial travails

by strap » 17 May 2010 10:25

No idea where to put this link, so stuck it here as it's probably just usual business practice.

However, Mr Mad clearly DOES have financial worries.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/construction_and_property/article7128318.ece

UpNorth

Re: Mr Mad's financial travails

by UpNorth » 17 May 2010 11:01

Ouch!

Sound bad.

If Sackville folds his other interests, inlcuding Reading, might follow.

Can't expect JM to invest a bean in RFC for the foreseeable future.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 17 May 2010 11:04

"Rent from existing tennants broadly covers the interest payments"

Anyone who is anyone is trying to renegotiate loan terms.

The site now has planning permission which means it's worth is well over what was paid for it.

It's a £400M development, partners will always be needed.

Just a bit of free advertising for Sir John me thinks.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 May 2010 11:08

This is Theresa Mays fault for delaying planning permission isn't it?

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 17 May 2010 11:14

Also in Club Policies.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 18 May 2010 08:54

“We’re trying to keep jobs and we are doing the best we can. Hopefully, with a new Government, things will start looking up again.”

Tory Boy SJM, is he after "Lord" status now? :P

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 18 May 2010 18:27

UpNorth Ouch!

Sound bad.

If Sackville folds his other interests, inlcuding Reading, might follow.

Can't expect JM to invest a bean in RFC for the foreseeable future.

Not sure why RFC would fold, we're not dependent on him financially and aren;t connected to his other businesses. He also hasn't invested his cash in the club for several seasons has he ?

He was slated for his plan to make the club 'wash it's own face'. Seems like it was a pretty sensible aim !!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 18 May 2010 21:11

And what about the 20 odd million we still owe SJM???? :?

If he was to get into serious trouble then he might need to claw a chunk of that back to support his other interests

I dont think it would happen, but to say the club isnt affected by his other businesses hitting tough times is a probably a bit of wishful thinking

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 18 May 2010 21:12

Southbank Old Boy And what about the 20 odd million we still owe SJM???? :?

If he was to get into serious trouble then he might need to claw a chunk of that back to support his other interests

I dont think it would happen, but to say the club isnt affected by his other businesses hitting tough times is a probably a bit of wishful thinking

Do we still owe £20 odd million though? I thought a lot of the selling in the last 2 seasons was to also pay loans back that we owed him.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 18 May 2010 21:16

If it isn't going to happen then doesn't that mean the club is unlikely to be affected ? I suspect we're saying the same thing in different ways !

I'm sure those who retain the full accounts in their head will confirm whether we do owe him that sort of money, and the terms on which we owe it, if we do. Some of the money from the sales went to pay back the bank overdraft and some to fund the day to day running of the club.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 18 May 2010 21:33

From what i remember people posting on here he hasnt really taken much of his loans back and so yes pretty sure he is still owed 20 odd million. Wast that the accusation thrown at him on here, that he was walking off with all the premiership money when in fact he hadnt touched it

It might be unlikely sun tzu, but you usually deal in facts and not just hunches when it suits your backing of the club, so thought it worth giving you a little reminder whilst you talked down to UpNorth :lol:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 18 May 2010 21:35

Southbank Old Boy F

It might be unlikely sun tzu, but you usually deal in facts and not just hunches when it suits your backing of the club, so thought it worth giving you a little reminder whilst you talked down to UpNorth :lol:

Thanks for the 'talking down to'.

:roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2010 23:47

He'd have to lose a hell of a lot to start plundering us.

He'd just be more likely to sell us to someone with fewer scrupples and for less cash, to get some wonga in his bank account.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 19 May 2010 07:29

I thought he had loans of around £8m to the club and over £15m to the Hotel.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 May 2010 10:07

Although I think it would be a bit naive or churlish to suggest that the football club isn't going to be effected by Madejski's other businesses performance I can't see it getting to the point where it would get close to folding.

It might mean he has to get rid of us for a lot less than he'd want to, or as someone else suggested to someone he might not otherwise sell to, and neither are a good proposition, but I can't see it meaning we'd fold.

As for the debts being split between the two, I can't recall the details of the loans but aren't they both held under the same holding company and so, ala Southampton, would still impact the football clubs operation and financial standing.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 May 2010 17:24

Urinal Mint

Do we still owe £20 odd million though? I thought a lot of the selling in the last 2 seasons was to also pay loans back that we owed him.

at the last announcement no money had been taken back for those loans apart from nominal interest payments

not to say its not changed since then. its his money though

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1