Steven Hunt Sell-On Clause

Wolfatthedoor

Re: Steven Hunt Sell-On Clause

by Wolfatthedoor » 23 Jun 2010 20:55

FiNeRaIn
Row Z Royal You're the only Wolves fan that acknowledges that Villa are a bigger club. :lol:

Never got this either, have I missed wolves wining the champions league?

Villa aren't just slightly bigger, they are probably twice the size. Wolves have potential to be a big club - probably mid table prem at best, they'll never be remotely close to Villa.

Have Villa ever won the Champions League - no, they won the premium European competition at the time, the European Cup - in the 1950s, Wolves were the premier team in Europe - things change over time.

At that time, Wolves were much bigger than Villa - now Villa are bigger than Wolves - over time, it is possible for Wolves to change things around.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 24 Jun 2010 10:39

Lock the tread it has turned in to a Joke we have a woLOLves fan saying that they were the top club in europe.. And someone else who reckons expanding a stadium that is never sold out would have kept Reading in the premiership ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 24 Jun 2010 14:18

Dirk Gently
specialjon
Wolfatthedoor At the moment, they are - these are, however, exciting times for Wolves - we have an ambitious (but sensible) owner - we have plans for a new, bigger stadium - the aim is to rival Villa as the biggest club in the Midlands, but we have a long, long way to go.

This sounds very familiar. Wheren't we going into the second year in the premier league with plans for a bigger stadium? With an (alleged) ambitious but sensible owner?!?!?!? :lol:

Yes, Wolves are unashamedly following what Jez Moxy has called "the Reading model".

How may follow through with it, and not lose his nerve at the crucial moment. No way of proving it, of course, but I still believe that if we'd pressed ahead with the stadium expansion (Wokingham Council permitting) we'd have stayed up in 2007/8.

Seriously? I was thinking how mad it would be for them to press ahead with one.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jun 2010 14:28

Wolfatthedoor
FiNeRaIn
Row Z Royal You're the only Wolves fan that acknowledges that Villa are a bigger club. :lol:

Never got this either, have I missed wolves wining the champions league?

Villa aren't just slightly bigger, they are probably twice the size. Wolves have potential to be a big club - probably mid table prem at best, they'll never be remotely close to Villa.

Have Villa ever won the Champions League - no, they won the premium European competition at the time, the European Cup - in the 1950s, Wolves were the premier team in Europe - things change over time.

At that time, Wolves were much bigger than Villa - now Villa are bigger than Wolves - over time, it is possible for Wolves to change things around.

A premier team in Europe, yes, THE premier team in Europe? That's a lofty claim, and one that due to the Football League's natural disdain for Johnny Foreigner can only be supported by results in friendlies against the likes of Honved (although I accept that they were a top European team at the time).

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 24 Jun 2010 15:08

From Despair To Where? A premier team in Europe, yes, THE premier team in Europe? That's a lofty claim, and one that due to the Football League's natural disdain for Johnny Foreigner can only be supported by results in friendlies against the likes of Honved (although I accept that they were a top European team at the time).

The original debate was about Wolves being as big as Villa - I think (apart from BigDyke) most people would say that Wolves, in the 1950's, were a bigger club in Europe than Villa are now.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 24 Jun 2010 16:09

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 24 Jun 2010 22:00

Wolfatthedoor
From Despair To Where? A premier team in Europe, yes, THE premier team in Europe? That's a lofty claim, and one that due to the Football League's natural disdain for Johnny Foreigner can only be supported by results in friendlies against the likes of Honved (although I accept that they were a top European team at the time).

The original debate was about Wolves being as big as Villa - I think (apart from BigDyke) most people would say that Wolves, in the 1950's, were a bigger club in Europe than Villa are now.

But most people would think Real Madrid were quite easily the premier team in Europe in the 50's. 5 European Cups is my opening bid - what's yours ?

As for whether one club was bigger in one part of the game half a century ago - frankly who gives a toss. You weren't born then, it's not really a point worth debating.

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 24 Jun 2010 23:34

Wolfatthedoor

The original debate was about Wolves being as big as Villa

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Jun 2010 10:57

so wolves were a massive club, villa are a massive club

dont mean it wont all change round again in 20 years

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 25 Jun 2010 11:11

Wolfatthedoor, don't turn around now, but you're not welcome any more. :oops:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Jun 2010 11:56

Messiah Wolfatthedoor, don't turn around now, but you're not welcome any more. :oops:

Speak for yourself.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 25 Jun 2010 12:37

Messiah Wolfatthedoor, don't turn around now, but you're not welcome any more. :oops:

Hello, is that you Spacey?

Messiah

by Messiah » 25 Jun 2010 12:56

Wolfatthedoor

I was singing to you you ungreatful sod :oops:
Last edited by Messiah on 25 Jun 2010 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 25 Jun 2010 12:58

Messiah
Wolfatthedoor

I was singing to you you ungreatful git :oops:

I thought you were saying to Oxford off! Apologies for the 'insult'.

Messiah

by Messiah » 25 Jun 2010 12:59

That's ok... Dirk should know better. It's his type of music.