Zurab told to find new club

160 posts
Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Zurab told to find new club

by Southbank Old Boy » 22 Aug 2010 23:05

Turns8
Squad of 35 players with salaries ranging from £5k a week to £20k a week, plus the compensation to Watford for Rodgers and then his severance....that £11m soon disappears...before you add in things like the running costs on matchdays and all the other behind the scenes staff, minus the loss of sponsors, matchday busines etc...I'd say it would seem we budgeted quite well..

Likewise, this season we have a budget in place to see us right come May next year regardless of where we are in the league, unlike some teams who are spending a fortune and relying on fans to buy replica merchandise to help balance the books!!!

You think we had 35 players on more than 5k :shock:

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 22 Aug 2010 23:22

Southbank Old Boy
Turns8
Squad of 35 players with salaries ranging from £5k a week to £20k a week, plus the compensation to Watford for Rodgers and then his severance....that £11m soon disappears...before you add in things like the running costs on matchdays and all the other behind the scenes staff, minus the loss of sponsors, matchday busines etc...I'd say it would seem we budgeted quite well..

Likewise, this season we have a budget in place to see us right come May next year regardless of where we are in the league, unlike some teams who are spending a fortune and relying on fans to buy replica merchandise to help balance the books!!!

:roll: I was merely generalising to help show how easy it is to use up the £11m which some people seem to think JM is currently sat on in his penthouse suite in at the Mad Stad....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2010 15:14

I don't think he's sat on it - I just wondered where it had all gone so quickly.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2010 15:56

read the books RL!

then wait for the new books, and read them

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Aug 2010 17:38

Ian Royal Are you deliberately not engaging your brain?

Our wage budget in the Premier League when we were relegated was about £33m
40% reduction of £33m is £19.8m. Call it a further 30% reduction for the next season, although I personally think that's very overestimated, and you still have a wage budget of almost £14m.

So yes, we could have run a tight ship and cut a lot of cloth and still have all of the parachute payment taken up by wages. Why do you think they exist!?

Personally I don't think allowing a club, that was in our position, to increase a wage bill to 33m a year was a sign of being well run, particularly as it would appear there was little in the contracts to reduce wages back to Championship levels should relegation happen.

Now we are stuck going nowhere and will no doubt start selling more assets as soon as a half decent offer appears. At this rate it won't belong before Shaun Cummings is our best player.

Something tells me that if we stay up this year, JM will see it as an achievement.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Aug 2010 17:40

Barry the bird boggler Something tells me that if we stay up this year, JM will see it as an achievement.

And so it is.

It should be the first target of every club bar two or three to avoid relegation.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2010 17:51

Barry the bird boggler

40% reduction of £33m is £19.8m. Call it a further 30% reduction for the next season, although I personally think that's very overestimated, and you still have a wage budget of almost £14m.

So yes, we could have run a tight ship and cut a lot of cloth and still have all of the parachute payment taken up by wages. Why do you think they exist!?

Personally I don't think allowing a club, that was in our position, to increase a wage bill to 33m a year was a sign of being well run, particularly as it would appear there was little in the contracts to reduce wages back to Championship levels should relegation happen.

Now we are stuck going nowhere and will no doubt start selling more assets as soon as a half decent offer appears. At this rate it won't belong before Shaun Cummings is our best player.

Something tells me that if we stay up this year, JM will see it as an achievement.

lol at the furore if we had gone up, and lost half our 1st team to higher payers, due to the fact we wouldnt pay more than 10-15 kpw in the prem.

just LOL

we rightly rewarded achievement with the 106 boys, and kept them for the prem years as a result, other wise it would have been more than sidders leaving, and much earlier too.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 23 Aug 2010 17:59

Just shows how silly Prem wages are. Add that too the crazy difference in income.

Getting relegated from the Prem was the biggest financial mistake we have made, closely followed by getting promoted in the first place.

oxf*rd Coppell...
:wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Aug 2010 18:04

Barry the bird boggler

Where do you think the 40% reduction came from? And £33m was one of the lowest wage bills in the Prem iirc. And the two years of parachute payments allowed us to gradually reduce the wage bill, rather than crash it by basically selling 10 - 12 of our best players in one go, instead of the 4 or 5 each season for a couple of years.

We haven't had any significant financial problems (for a football club), which I would say is a sign of being well run when you take a ~£12m wage budget up to £33m and back down to ~£14m in the space of 5 years. Especially when you make a loss every year for many years before that period and have your income yoyoing up and down too.

I suspect his Madj is no longer as willing to let us accrue such substantial loses now he's seen us turn a profit occasionally. I suspect he may be hoping he can get us back with minimal loses so the profit can actually be used to grow the club, rather than pay off old debts we piled up getting there.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 23 Aug 2010 22:13

Turns8
Southbank Old Boy
Turns8

:roll: I was merely generalising to help show how easy it is to use up the £11m which some people seem to think JM is currently sat on in his penthouse suite in at the Mad Stad....

Pretty shit generalisations when they are so far wide of the mark though :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Aug 2010 01:15

Are you trying to say we've cut our wage bill by almost 70% in two seasons? Because I can't see us having managed to drop it by over £20m that quickly. Especially when it was a good couple of £million above the value of the parachute payment before we got promoted.

If not you seem to be being a bit picky for no real reason.

Fezza

by Fezza » 24 Aug 2010 12:04

Ian in two years we've shipped off a lot of the dead wood as well as getting rid of high earning players such as; Doyle, USA, Shorey, Bikey, Hunt, Kitson, Lita etc. In their place we have brought in players from our youth team (for the most part). It seems likely that Ivar and Gunnar have taken wage drops to remain with us. At the same time the players we have brought in haven't been getting first team football. Is it really so much of a leap to assume we have cut our wage bill by 60 - 70%?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Aug 2010 20:31

Fezza Ian in two years we've shipped off a lot of the dead wood as well as getting rid of high earning players such as; Doyle, USA, Shorey, Bikey, Hunt, Kitson, Lita etc. In their place we have brought in players from our youth team (for the most part). It seems likely that Ivar and Gunnar have taken wage drops to remain with us. At the same time the players we have brought in haven't been getting first team football. Is it really so much of a leap to assume we have cut our wage bill by 60 - 70%?

It would have to be by more than that to get below £11m, which is what this whole thing is about. Give it a year or two and the accounts will tell us who was right.

And we've brought in a fair few Champ veterans like McAnuff, Howard, Mills, Griffin, Tabb etc. Sig is likely to be earning fairly well. We haven't really used that many academy players as replacements. Karacan, Pearce, HRK & Church about it as far as regulars go.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Aug 2010 09:09

But if you think how many senior players we signed in the Prem as just backups, Rosenior was our second choice right back, Duberry was well down the pecking order but ahead of Bennett and Sodje. All those backups have been replaced with a thinner squad and players like Taylor, bignall, Kelly, Davies, Antonio, Hrk, hamer, McCarthy.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 25 Aug 2010 23:16

pea But if you think how many senior players we signed in the Prem as just backups, Rosenior was our second choice right back, Duberry was well down the pecking order but ahead of Bennett and Sodje. All those backups have been replaced with a thinner squad and players like Taylor, bignall, Kelly, Davies, Antonio, Hrk, hamer, McCarthy.

To be honest a lot haven't been replaced at all which is why a few injuries have caused such major problems.

Boyband

Zurab

by Boyband » 30 Aug 2010 16:57

has been at the training ground today.
Last edited by Boyband on 30 Aug 2010 19:02, edited 2 times in total.

mikey0406

Re: Zurab

by mikey0406 » 30 Aug 2010 17:00

source??

Sloth

by Sloth » 30 Aug 2010 17:18

I hope so, but I doubt it.. :roll: We're going to get a load of "Just saw ........... at Hogwood..Not saying that it bullshit, just believe it when you get the overpriced text from RFC..

Unlike my oriental player post which was based on telly evidence that no other fukker seems to have watched..! :shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 21:21

I'd be surprised if there was anyone at the training ground today, given that half the team have been called up for internationals. :roll:

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 30 Aug 2010 22:47

Royal Lady I'd be surprised if there was anyone at the training ground today, given that half the team have been called up for internationals. :roll:

Think Mcdermott said after the Leicester game they would be in for training today

They dont just stop everything because a few of the lads are off on international duty

160 posts