QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

216 posts
Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

by Big Foot » 28 Jul 2010 13:21

Isaac Hunt This isn't going away, is it. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened now.

We're about half way to the £4m cost cutting - this deal would take us to pretty much that figure with the fee and wages saved.

Really, really hope this doesn't happen.

£4M is off of our operating cost, if we sell £4M of players this summer then we'd need to do the same next season and the season after etc etc - unsustainable

The "£4M blackhole" is largely irrelevant when it comes to player sales unless from a wage perspective and I wouldn't imagine McAnuff to be a high earner as he was signed during the beginning of this period of austerity

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Jul 2010 14:11

Big Foot I wouldn't imagine McAnuff to be a high earner as he was signed during the beginning of this period of austerity

And that might be why he may be tempted by the lure of a higher wage elsewhere.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Jul 2010 14:17

M Brook
Big Foot I wouldn't imagine McAnuff to be a high earner as he was signed during the beginning of this period of austerity

There are "benchmark" figures for every player in every league, that every player and their agent knows - as well as every manager. So it's unlikely that he'd be on much less than the others, as he simply wouldn't have signed on those terms.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Jul 2010 18:24

brendywendy agreed - hes stopped still for about three seasons while Antonio has moved on past him

Corrected.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Jul 2010 21:46

Dirk Gently
M Brook

There are "benchmark" figures for every player in every league, that every player and their agent knows - as well as every manager. So it's unlikely that he'd be on much less than the others, as he simply wouldn't have signed on those terms.

That only works if the buying club are playing within the same rules as the rest. They may well be happy to go way above the benchmark wage for a player of his ability.

It could also be that he'd benefit from a lovely big signing on fee, or perhaps that his wages were lower than your benchmark wage because we paid such a good signing on fee originally.

Halifax 4-1

by Halifax 4-1 » 19 Aug 2010 20:03

From Sky Sports

Warnock admits Walters blow

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 80,00.html

He told the Ealing Gazette: "Jonathan could have played up front or on the right and now I've got to look for two different players for the same role."

Prepare for another bid for Jobi McAnuff???

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 19 Aug 2010 21:19

Halifax 4-1 From Sky Sports

He told the Ealing Gazette: "Jonathan could have played up front or on the right and now I've got to look for two different players for the same role."

There never was a bid for McAnuff

There is however a list of 5-6 players that we can get rid off

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 19 Aug 2010 23:47

gazzer, loyal royal

Would you like to elaborate on that list?

Being as the only person on here that I trust with Rumours etc, I would love some insider info.

Also Gaztron - are we really not looking for a CB?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 20 Aug 2010 10:26

Mike Hunt
gazzer, loyal royal

Being as the only person on here that I trust with Rumours etc, I would love some insider info.

Also Gaztron - are we really not looking for a CB?

I don't think the club really want it out in the open, but there are some first teamers on the list although i only know one name

The club have targets in mind, but we really do have to sell before we can buy. Just remember we can loan players after the 31st August-so i'd expect stuff to happen after that.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Aug 2010 11:12

There is however a list of 5-6 players that we can get rid off[/quote]

Also Gaztron - are we really not looking for a CB?[/quote]

I don't think the club really want it out in the open, but there are some first teamers on the list although i only know one name

The club have targets in mind, but we really do have to sell before we can buy. Just remember we can loan players after the 31st August-so i'd expect stuff to happen after that.[/quote]

Good point, loans i can see happening for us after the window when the dust has settled.

As for 1st teamers to sell hope they can move on Feds, Pearce and Long.

We need a decent striker to compete with Hunt as well as obviously a half decent CB

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular

by gazzer, loyal royal » 20 Aug 2010 15:15

gazzer, loyal royal

Rasiak was the only one I Knew of

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Aug 2010 21:15

gazzer, loyal royal
gazzer, loyal royal

Rasiak was the only one I Knew of

Do you know of any potential signings?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 21 Aug 2010 09:48

Cummings, Davies, Hamer, Mooney, its not too hard to put together really now we know Rasiak has gone. There may be one other, but I doubt it, unless there is an offer for a first teamer that exceeds their value to us.

All other than Davies are being put in the shop window in some way.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 10:08

pea Cummings, Davies, Hamer, Mooney, its not too hard to put together really now we know Rasiak has gone. There may be one other, but I doubt it, unless there is an offer for a first teamer that exceeds their value to us.

Hamer seems unlikely, although we could let a keeper go.

Depending on when the list was produced it would always have included Henry, Cisse and Marek. We've managed to clear a lot of the dead wood this summer which is good. Now to see whether that allows some of the younger shoots to blossom !!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 21 Aug 2010 14:15

Sun Tzu
pea Cummings, Davies, Hamer, Mooney, its not too hard to put together really now we know Rasiak has gone. There may be one other, but I doubt it, unless there is an offer for a first teamer that exceeds their value to us.

Hamer seems unlikely, although we could let a keeper go.

Depending on when the list was produced it would always have included Henry, Cisse and Marek. We've managed to clear a lot of the dead wood this summer which is good. Now to see whether that allows some of the younger shoots to blossom !!

Not sure clearing these players will help the youngsters come on. None of the players you mention ST were in the side during the second-half of last season so their removal won't create more openings in the starting line-up....although they will have more chance of making the squad I suppose.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 21 Aug 2010 23:10

McDermott took all three young wingers to Slovenia to decide which two would stay and so we sold Henry. He also took all three young keepers for the same reason and since then McCarthy and Anderson have signed new deals. Hamer is on his way out whether we sell him or he leaves on a free next summer. Its a shame because they're all good keepers but he's not got as much potential as the other two.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 22 Aug 2010 08:09

PEARCEY

Not sure clearing these players will help the youngsters come on. None of the players you mention ST were in the side during the second-half of last season so their removal won't create more openings in the starting line-up....although they will have more chance of making the squad I suppose.

For players the age we are talking about it is the places in the training / match day squad that are the key surely ?

You can;t have a limitless number of players in the first team training set up so clearing some of the 20 somethings who aren't considered up to it must allow you to promote some of the teenagers ?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 22 Aug 2010 08:10

pea McDermott took all three young wingers to Slovenia to decide which two would stay and so we sold Henry. He also took all three young keepers for the same reason and since then McCarthy and Anderson have signed new deals. Hamer is on his way out whether we sell him or he leaves on a free next summer. Its a shame because they're all good keepers but he's not got as much potential as the other two.

If we sell Hamer in the next fortnight then won;t it be a problem that the other two keepers are out on loan ?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 22 Aug 2010 10:01

28 day loans can be recalled at anytime, so not really a problem.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2010 10:28

pea 28 day loans can be recalled at anytime, so not really a problem.

A loan player cannot be recalled within the first 30 days. Sell him after the Leicester match and it won't be an issue due to the international break.

216 posts