QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

216 posts
Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

by Sun Tzu » 22 Aug 2010 20:32

I'm conused.

How can a 28 day loan player not be recalled for 30 days ?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Aug 2010 09:24

Sun Tzu I'm conused.

How can a 28 day loan player not be recalled for 30 days ?

Did you miss the word "within"?

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 23 Aug 2010 10:46

I doubt this would apply here, but

The Regulations of the Football League Ltd 48.1.3 The Short term loan of a goalkeeper may be subject to a recall clause (including within the original 28 days) but this may only be implemented in exceptional circumstances with the consent of the Executive.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2010 11:14

sheshnu I doubt this would apply here, but

The Regulations of the Football League Ltd 48.1.3 The Short term loan of a goalkeeper may be subject to a recall clause (including within the original 28 days) but this may only be implemented in exceptional circumstances with the consent of the Executive.

I doubt us choosing to sell another keeper would be classed as an exceptional circumstances though.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2010 11:23

i like macanuff, but tbf hes not as good as kebe, and his goal/assist numbers are pretty disappointing over all.
if the bid comes in id be happy enough to see him go, if it meant we could buy a defender.
with kebe able to play either side,HRK and antonia, plus sigurdson able to play there(people say he doesnt impose himself on games on th ewing- but he doesnt do it in the middle either, so its a moot point)we have enough cover

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 23 Aug 2010 12:03

As much as I agree we need a new CB, I would be very disappointed if it meant McAnuff had to go. He is a quality winger, no doubt about that, and if we let him go to fund the new CB, not that that would be guaranteed anyway, then we'd be light on the wings, regardless of how 'good' HRK and Antonio are at the moment, neither are as good as McAnuff.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Aug 2010 12:08

The backup wingers are nowhere near McAnuff's quality and if we lose him without replacing him with sufficient quality then it won't matter who we get in at centre back we'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2010 12:11

Depends what McAnuff we are left with, should he stay. If it's the completely disinterested waster we saw on Saturday then we're be better off with the money and finding a replacement.

If we can get back the McAnuff we had in the back end of last year, then he needs to stay.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2010 12:14

Hoop Blah The backup wingers are nowhere near McAnuff's quality and if we lose him without replacing him with sufficient quality then it won't matter who we get in at centre back we'll be on a hiding to nothing.

disagree

with sigurdson on the wing, kebe opposite
and two strikers everybodys happy

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2010 12:16

Shades of 2007/08. Little replaced by Oster amongst others and we all know what happened there. Even though money was tight last season, when BMcD took over all of a sudden money was made available and excellent signings were made. Expect the same if we are in the mire come January 2011. Money will be made available to ensure Championship survival. Question is, who will we have lost from the squad by the end of January and will they be good enough to perform another great escape.

under the tin

by under the tin » 23 Aug 2010 12:35

brendywendy
Hoop Blah The backup wingers are nowhere near McAnuff's quality and if we lose him without replacing him with sufficient quality then it won't matter who we get in at centre back we'll be on a hiding to nothing.

disagree

Oh do come on,Brendy!
Siggurdsson is on borrowed time here. It's WHEN the big move comes, not IF.
Kebe is likely to go back to France, or perhaps somewhere else if there's pay rise in it.
Our record of reinvesting in the team when we get big fees is not that impressive.

if you have a pet Lion, then pull all his claws and teeth out, you are left with a fcuking great big pussy cat

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Aug 2010 12:57

brendywendy

disagree

And what about some competition and cover?

It's not just about having a good 1-11, it's about having competition for every place and being able to cope if someone is missing for a few games or a couple of months.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Aug 2010 12:59

Stranded Depends what McAnuff we are left with, should he stay. If it's the completely disinterested waster we saw on Saturday then we're be better off with the money and finding a replacement.

If we can get back the McAnuff we had in the back end of last year, then he needs to stay.

Really? I thought he was by far our most effective attacking player on Saturday.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2010 13:09

Hoop Blah
Stranded Depends what McAnuff we are left with, should he stay. If it's the completely disinterested waster we saw on Saturday then we're be better off with the money and finding a replacement.

Really? I thought he was by far our most effective attacking player on Saturday.

Really? I thought it was one of his worst performances - joys of football huh that two people can have such polar positions on a player's performance.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 23 Aug 2010 13:25

Stranded
Hoop Blah

Really? I thought it was one of his worst performances - joys of football huh that two people can have such polar positions on a player's performance.

Two, three, four...an infinite number of opinions. Mine is he was poor, but certainly not disinterested. He always battles hard enough, but remains annoyingly inconsistent on the ball. We needed him on Saturday - he was the one up against an average player. But he was completely off his game offensively.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 23 Aug 2010 14:12

CMRoyal
Stranded
Hoop Blah

Two, three, four...an infinite number of opinions. Mine is he was poor, but certainly not disinterested. He always battles hard enough, but remains annoyingly inconsistent on the ball. We needed him on Saturday - he was the one up against an average player. But he was completely off his game offensively.

To be fair, he was coming back from a knock wasn't he?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 23 Aug 2010 14:55

RobRoyal
CMRoyal
Stranded Really? I thought it was one of his worst performances - joys of football huh that two people can have such polar positions on a player's performance.

To be fair, he was coming back from a knock wasn't he?

Yeah, fair point. Still don't want to lose him anyway, that's for sure.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Aug 2010 14:57

McAnuff is going to need alot more support from Marcus Williams.

Without Williams overlapping him and helping him out down the left hand side then McAnuff will be a shadow of what he was last season.

McAnuff can't do it on his own. He was outstanding last year when he was linking up with Bertrand, playing one twos with Bertie and had Bertie overlapping him and giving him options and taking defenders out of his way.

Apart from one rampaging run Williams gets up to the half way line and stops and doesn't help McAnuff out at all. I hope that will change as he gains more confidence and settles in but I'm not so sure it will. Williams was done like a kipper for pace by Anderson and I am wondering whether Williams has enough pace for this level.

Williams is taking us back to the Martyn Booty days of full back play. He is taking us back to those standards. He doesn't so far appear to be of the standard of Shorey, Armstrong or Bertrand.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Aug 2010 15:18

I don't think McAnuff was outstanding but he got a lot more change out of his fullback than Kebe did on the other side of the pitch. Long did ok in winning a few headers, for all the good that did, and Sigurdsson struggled to get into the game because Moussi was sitting infront of their back four and limiting the amount of possession he had.

McAnuff had a greater impact on the game than all 3 of them, and as pointed out above he's not getting any help from his fullback (it was interesting to see how much McAnuff praised Williams after that first half run forward...high fives and everything!).

Each to their own opinion of course, I just thought he played a bigger part in the brief spells we looked threatening.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 23 Aug 2010 15:20

One thing's for sure - any Premier League scouts watching will see how Kebe and Sig were stifled and probably decide that they are not up to scratch. So to get a point and for that to happen will do for me. :?

216 posts