Everyone's favourite tabloid journo confirmed for 23 Feb

302 posts
bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 19 Feb 2007 16:05

Mr Holt

Is it the policy of the Daily Moron to only employ short sighted idiots who cannot be impartial?

What exactly do you have against Reading?

Is it bitterness that your beloved Cheatski had to spend hundreds of millions to put a team together who only just managed to scrape a win at Reading and a draw at Stamford Beach?

I must also add that you will never get piles mr holt being that you are a perfect Ass !!

mattyougg

by mattyougg » 19 Feb 2007 16:34

Oliver -- do you think reading are right to play a different team in the cup as to in the league :?:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Everyone's favourite tabloid journo confirmed for 23 Feb

by Forbury Lion » 19 Feb 2007 16:55

BBC Radio Berkshire Oliver Holy, Daily Mirror footy columnist
I hope he's better than Oliver Holt.

matt_turner

by matt_turner » 19 Feb 2007 16:55

oliver, some BBC "pundits" have my soiled toilet paper, i was wondering if you had recieved yours yet? if so can you send it back, it would appear i have run out
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1928532,00.html

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Feb 2007 17:04

Derek - Does it annoy you when people get your name wrong?

How many Reading games have you watched in the flesh and how many of those were prior to this season?

Are all your articles your own personal view or do you sex them up?

Do you ever plan your articles in advance of the games actually taking place?

Have you ever been banned from a football club?

Last week Brian McDermot confessed to having turned up at a home ground on a scounting mission only to realise it was an away game, Has anything like this ever happened to you and if so, Did you just make up a match report?

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 19 Feb 2007 17:07

I can't for the life of me think of a question which a) doesn't include the word w@nk b) I give a crap about the answer.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 19 Feb 2007 17:48

Given the almost universal praise for Reading elsewhere have you decided to deliberately exaggerate your negative views on reading to be 'original'?

As someone who has ghost written Stan Collymores autobiography and who has a friendly relationshiop with him would you say you are best placed to comment on the intent of Stephen Hunt in the Cech incident?

Are you happy to conceed the fact that Reading have one of the best disciplinary records in the country and that Hunt has received one yellow card all season. If yes do you usually make a habit letting the facts get in the way of a tabloid rant?

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 19 Feb 2007 18:50

hello mr holt,

do one

Sharpy esquire

G Force 1871
Location: I'll always be on the Southbank halfway up, midway between the halfway line and the away end.

by G Force 1871 » 19 Feb 2007 19:27

Mr Holt,

After reading your rather inflamatory article after Reading's Boxing day draw at the home of Chelsea I wrote an email asking you to explain your remarks regarding Steve Coppel's decision to leave Stephen Hunt out of the team.

I think your comment was something along the lines of "it was a good decision to ensure that nobody's life was threatened", refering to the incident with Cech at the Madjeski Stadium. I thought that this was particularly unnecesarry and asked for your opinion and pointed out to you in light of his exemplorary disciplinary record and the way in which he was completly exonerated by anyone who has the first clue about playing profesional football.

I am still waiting for for a reply, do you not think that it is very poor form not to reply to questions sent to you in good faith?

Also

I would ask for a bit of advice, I am a budding journalist, do you think that it is fair for me to deliberatley and repeatedly harm another perons career (i.e. by writing about a footballer who has unintentionally caused another player injury) in order to progress my own career as a journalist for a second rate red top?

Also

I think it's great that Stephen Hunt has go the International recognition that his performances so far this season deserve, whats you opinion?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Kind regards

Kenny G

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Feb 2007 19:28

Sharpy hello mr holt,

do one

Sharpy esquire
:lol:

Right Joel, I'm not one to moan, honestly I'm not, but unless you agree that you will be very severe with Olivia Holy or whatever her name is, I must insist that you invite me into the studio to cross-examine this "thing" who is lower than a corgi's bollox.

All the best.

RL

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 19 Feb 2007 20:44

Dear Mr. Holt, is Ronaldo's chuff tight?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ladies and gentleman, the BBC responds...

by floyd__streete » 19 Feb 2007 21:14

BBC Radio Berkshire Whilst it is clear that Oliver Holt's work has provoked a strong response from yourselves it is only fair that he be given a chance to come on and have his say, explain the reasoning behind his views and also hear what loyal Royals have to say.

As if, as a tabdloid journalist, he gives a damn what the average football supporter thinks. I certainly shan't be listening to any radio station that gives this ignorant fool a forum.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 19 Feb 2007 21:29

BBCRB have badly let the Royals down. Listen to
Reading 107, the official station of Reading FC
:D

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 19 Feb 2007 21:35

Junction 11, if you feel so strongly why don't you ring up and speak to Holt?

Not got the bottle me thinks :lol:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 19 Feb 2007 21:42

Typical Reading fan eh?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 19 Feb 2007 21:46

Not typical Reading fan, typical new age Reading fan. Theres a big difference.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 19 Feb 2007 21:55

Sorry boys. I'll be boycotting the show this Friday, however I'll wager that Holt pulls out of the interview for some mystery reason.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 19 Feb 2007 21:59

alad Junction 11, if you feel so strongly why don't you ring up and speak to Holt?

Not got the bottle me thinks :lol:

He lives to write the shit that's published in the Mirror. What beggars belief is BBCRB handing him the platform. I don't have to listen!

Holt,

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Feb 2007 22:30

Mr Holt,

That to you may not like Reading FC or particular players is entirely your opinion, an opinion that I and many Reading fans are unlikely to change. We have received many plaudits from journalists, pundits, fans, players and other managers this season with respect to our style of play, team spirit, disciplinary record and, to quote Alex Ferguson, our "honesty". All that we ask for is coverage that is objective and fair minded.

I have two questions 1) Is it unreasonable to expect this and 2) do you accept that the small minded individuals who felt it necessary to send death threats to Stephen Hunt and Ibrahima Sonko may have been influenced by sensationalist reporting and as a result, do the populist press have a responsibility to write in an objective, fair minded and non inflamatory manner?
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Feb 2007 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Feb 2007 22:32

If you don't want to give OT the time of day just call BBC Berks and put a question to Tim blanking OT. May be ask Tim if they have plans to get a guest on who knows about Football.

302 posts