Time to admit it: Were you a plastic?

180 posts
Derbyshire Royal

Re: Time to admit it: Were you a plastic?

by Derbyshire Royal » 25 May 2008 10:47

voyeur I went to two matches in total during the premiership years. I intend to keep up my loyal support next year. I am no plastic

Well despite following the royals since 1969 I only managed one premiership game, away at Blackburn this year. At least there will be a couple of matches in Sheffield next year!

Kurtz

by Kurtz » 25 May 2008 19:50

Plastic. Had been taken to a few games since I was about 6 but really jumped on the RFC bandwagon big style in our promotion season. Went to every home game bar one and a couple of away games. Not bad for a 13 year old.

Anyway, enough about 78/79....
But am prepared to admit to only buying an ST recently, just to stop other plastics getting all the seats of course. That means I now agree with the ultra-loyalists - we don't want or need any new fans.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 27 May 2008 21:57

well i went to just 2 games last season and haven't been to the mad stad for about 4 years now - how plastic is that???

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 28 May 2008 09:10

I'm tempted to attend more regularly next season, now that Reading aren't in that farce of a division.

First game a pre-season friendly in July '93 then regular attendance until the promotion to Div 1 in '02. Didn't see a game then until the Plymouth game in that season.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 28 May 2008 09:43

Everyone is plastic at Reading!!!!!!!!! Apart from the east stand everyone is sitting in silience, reading the newspaper, having a sandwhich ect.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 May 2008 09:57

RTFC Drummer Everyone is plastic at Reading!!!!!!!!! Apart from the east stand everyone is sitting in silience, reading the newspaper, having a sandwhich ect.

yes very good

are you still here? saying the same thing?
im starting to think you are some sort of automated troll virus

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 28 May 2008 10:03

brendywendy
RTFC Drummer Everyone is plastic at Reading!!!!!!!!! Apart from the east stand everyone is sitting in silience, reading the newspaper, having a sandwhich ect.

yes very good

No not at alI, I come up with good ideas to make the atmosphere so much better than it is and you people should listen and take note.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 May 2008 10:07

RTFC Drummer
brendywendy

yes very good

No not at alI, I come up with good ideas to make the atmosphere so much better than it is and you people should listen and take note.

weve listened

its noted

now could you maybe start saying some other things

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 28 May 2008 10:25

K then give me some interesting topics to talk about and then you can hear my fasinating opinions about them.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 May 2008 10:27

RTFC Drummer K then give me some interesting topics to talk about and then you can hear my fasinating opinions about them.

anything, honestly

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 28 May 2008 10:43

brendywendy
RTFC Drummer K then give me some interesting topics to talk about and then you can hear my fasinating opinions about them.

anything, honestly

g2g

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 28 May 2008 10:46

im no plastik ive been suppotin da Royalz since Xmas 2006.

No.13 rulz URZ!!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 28 May 2008 10:48

OK, it's time for somebody to judge me. I went to my first game against Grimsby in 1996 when I was 6 or 7 (1-1, Morley penalty) and can remember going to about 8 or 9 games at Elm Park altogether. I was something of a lucky charm as some classic victories such as 4-0 against Sunderland, 3-2 against Bolton and a late 1-0 against play-offs Ipswich all took place with me present at a time we were crap, and I only went to about 3 games a season. I kept up the rate of 3-5 games a season once we moved to the Mad Stad, until the 2000-01 season where after Christmas I really got into it and saw more games, including the disappointment in Cardiff. Since then I managed about 15 games a season, that was until recently. I should also add that I moved out of Reading to Essex in 2004 and still kept this rate up. I was there for the awesome 05/06 season (although I was stuck at home with the worst flu ever when we beat Derby 5-0 for the title) but since then things have changed.

I finished school. For the first Premiership season I was there for the 1st half of the season but inflexible work meant I could only make 5 games, and then in January I travelled around India and unsurprisingly failed to make any matches. I did manage to watch the Man U v Reading game at OT on TV at 2am whilst very drunk or some time like that, and I got to watch Spurs v Reading at around 8.30pm in Bangalore, but that's the best I could do. I made 5 games in total that season. Now I'm at Leeds uni and have only managed to make 5 games once again, so in 2 Premiership seasons I have only 10 games. I have a poor away record, I've been to Watford twice and Norwich once but hopefully next season with 2 Sheffield teams, Barnsley and Doncaster I can make a few from Leeds uni when the term time is on. However I don't expect a massive increase in matches, single figures no doubt. I miss it a bit. However my loyalty for earlier years means I have always been able to get tickets whenever I wanted to. Once again in the Premiership I have chosen the right games. I was there for 3-2 v Boro, 1-1 v Man Utd, 3-1 v Spurs and this season 3-1 v Liverpool. Saying that I also saw the games against West Ham and Fulham this season and that entirely forgettable 0-0 with Blackburn (My Dad couldn't make that game so my Leyton Orient mate got his member card and it's the only Premiership game he's ever seen, and it's one of the most dull ones we've ever been involved in.) So, judge me. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being proper loyal blue and white blood and 10 being silicon, how plastic am I?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 May 2008 11:13

youve done enough there to be considered only partly plastic

pace=forster

by pace=forster » 28 May 2008 11:15

I've stabbed 16 Swindon Fans in my time. Where does that put me?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 May 2008 11:20

pace=forster I've stabbed 16 Swindon Fans in my time. Where does that put me?

did u stab them in the head?

if so not plastic at all

anywhere else and you are as plastic as they come

pace=forster

by pace=forster » 28 May 2008 13:17

Not only in the head, but I also used my spare hand to bash them with a rumblestick while dancing around to Tom Hark. BLarmy :D

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 May 2008 13:36

pace=forster Not only in the head, but I also used my spare hand to bash them with a rumblestick while dancing around to Tom Hark. BLarmy :D

LOL

jolly good show that man

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 28 May 2008 15:44

pace=forster I've stabbed 16 Swindon Fans in my time. Where does that put me?

God-like!

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 28 May 2008 17:25

North Stand plastic having only watched Reading every season since Roy Bentley was appointed Manager.

180 posts