STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

108 posts
rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

by rhroyal » 17 Oct 2009 17:56

How blinded are people that they blame Madejski? Did they not read the recently released figures? We've been making a loss recently! Rodgers has spent almost £3mill - more than Coppell ever did in the Championship. The money was also available for Smith it seems. There are some clubs in the division who are not in the same ball park as us in terms of resources - Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Watford to name a few.

There is one man largely to blame for where we are now, and that is Rodgers. He must go.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Oct 2009 17:57

rhroyal How blinded are people that they blame Madejski? Did they not read the recently released figures? We've been making a loss recently! Rodgers has spent almost £3mill - more than Coppell ever did in the Championship. The money was also available for Smith it seems. There are some clubs in the division who are not in the same ball park as us in terms of resources - Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Watford to name a few.

There is one man largely to blame for where we are now, and that is Rodgers. He must go.

Who appointed Rodgers? Whose name is on the contract?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Oct 2009 17:59

Okay, big mistake to appoint Rodgers it seems but every appointment is a risk. To say that we're where we are because of Madejski's budgeting on the other hand, is ignorant and plain wrong.

EDIT:

Lots of people on here wanted Rodgers appointed so to turn around and grill the club for that now is hypocrisy. Hindsight wins every argument.
Last edited by rhroyal on 17 Oct 2009 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 17 Oct 2009 18:00

rhroyal How blinded are people that they blame Madejski? Did they not read the recently released figures? We've been making a loss recently! Rodgers has spent almost £3mill - more than Coppell ever did in the Championship. The money was also available for Smith it seems. There are some clubs in the division who are not in the same ball park as us in terms of resources - Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Watford to name a few.

SOME money was available for Smith, not THE money unfortunately (although, hardly would have changed the team would he?).

For me though, Rodgers days are now numbered. It's not just the losing, it's the manner of losing. Standing on the touchline making no changes when we were consistently being beaten in the same way time and time again was just asking for trouble. Cummings is looking like one of the worst signings the club has ever made (I know there have been some epically bad ones in the past, but the rate he's going he will be right up there in the list).

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 17 Oct 2009 18:01

LOLZ @ anyone believing the club's financial statement - more spin on it than Shane Warne would get on the sub continent :lol:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Oct 2009 18:02

SJM is the one to make the decision to get rid. He needs to do this asap. End of.

And TROLI, check Warne's record when he has played in the sub-continent. Not that brilliant.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Oct 2009 18:03

and this is the same JM that was happy to say we made money for two seasons on the spin, but then the club release a statement to say that despite that we actually lost money, so which was right??

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Oct 2009 18:05

^ prolly believes everything he reads in papers too.

T.R.O.L.I. LOLZ @ anyone believing the club's financial statement - more spin on it than Shane Warne would get on the sub continent :lol:

'greed.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 17 Oct 2009 18:05

Terminal Boardom SJM is the one to make the decision to get rid. He needs to do this asap. End of.

And TROLI, check Warne's record when he has played in the sub-continent. Not that brilliant.

:lol: You know what I was getting at.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 17 Oct 2009 18:07

But the information about the finances was in the form of a statement, means nothing, was it true ?? or maybe something written just to keep the fans off his back

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Oct 2009 18:14

T.R.O.L.I. LOLZ @ anyone believing the club's financial statement - more spin on it than Shane Warne would get on the sub continent :lol:

I can't be bothered to dig it up but if Madejski has lied to us here he's done a very good job of it and I'm convinced. Our wage bill was up by 40% the moment we won promotion, and we then went to offer half our squad new contracts. Eventually Hunt was being paid an absolute mint, probably along with Doyle too. We had to invest in new press facilities to meet Premiership regulations, setting us back over £8m. Over the two years we spent £1.5mill on Seol, £2.5mill on Halford, decent sums on Bikey and Matejovksy (don't know the specific value) and then another £2.5mill on Fae. We re-couped Halford's fee but it was still a net spend of around £7mill.

We then came back down to the Championship and, despite selling Kitson and Shorey, effectively had a squad on Premiership wages for a year in the Championship which would have set us back massively.

This summer we've had our overdraft recalled and have had to sell Doyle, Bikey and Hunt to balance that plus we've still had £3mill to invest in new players.

Clubs like Sunderland have twice as many fans as us every week - we can't compete with them. Fulham have Al-Fayed. Wigan have Whelan. Hull seriously struggle. Bolton, Blackburn and Stoke? Maybe they're heading for trouble and spending beyond their means, I'm not totally sure.

All I can say is that it makes perfect sense to me that we've made the loss, the cost of the Premiership is huge. It's not a land of riches, it's a land where you watch some of the world's best players every week and that's the motivation for getting there.

From Madejski's point of view, it's where a Sheikh might potentially be interested in buying your club and there's no doubt that he wants promotion too.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Oct 2009 18:15

T.R.O.L.I.
Terminal Boardom SJM is the one to make the decision to get rid. He needs to do this asap. End of.

:lol: You know what I was getting at.

I know :D :D :D

Unfortunately, Reading FC is now the home of the soundbite. Like Ark Royal, I have started to avoid the official website. I am sick of the spin and hyperbole.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 17 Oct 2009 18:16

howser But the information about the finances was in the form of a statement, means nothing, was it true ?? or maybe something written just to keep the fans off his back

It's a bullseye!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2009 19:21

And who the f*ck appointed him?

Who rocked the boat by saying he wanted out?

Who said 'the time will come when it will cost serious money, and I mean really serious money to keep the club in the Premier League and I don't want to be around when that time comes'?

Who cut the cloth to shreds?

And who takes the p*ss by talking about real commitment to get to the PL when all the quality players have been released to balance the books and the club are hovering just above the relegation zone.

Perhaps it's time more people started blaming Madejski.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 18 Oct 2009 00:42

Why not?

It's his fault, he's in charge.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Oct 2009 09:11

NO

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Oct 2009 10:56

Madejski deserves his share of blame, because he runs the club and he signed Rodgers. But really there's nothing new about his signing bad managers (Bullivant, Burns), and nothing new about his budgetary methods. No, it all comes down to quality of managers. And he's given this one 3.5 million, more than any other Reading manager at this level (and more than the likes of Donny, Scunny, and Barnsley can dream of). So lets at least drop the accusation that we're fourth from bottom because Madejski's starved Rodgers of funds.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2009 12:41

facaldaqui Madejski deserves his share of blame, because he runs the club and he signed Rodgers. But really there's nothing new about his signing bad managers (Bullivant, Burns), and nothing new about his budgetary methods. No, it all comes down to quality of managers. And he's given this one 3.5 million, more than any other Reading manager at this level (and more than the likes of Donny, Scunny, and Barnsley can dream of). So lets at least drop the accusation that we're fourth from bottom because Madejski's starved Rodgers of funds.

Hang on - he was only given the money you speak about after Hapless Hammond had disposed of all our prize assets!! What was the squad worth before he was given £3.5M? What's more he has been expected manage with that when expectations were far higher than in the case of previous managers. Also £3.5M now is worth far less in the transfer market than it was just a few years ago.

Madejski is to blame!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 18 Oct 2009 16:09

RoyalBlue
facaldaqui Madejski deserves his share of blame, because he runs the club and he signed Rodgers. But really there's nothing new about his signing bad managers (Bullivant, Burns), and nothing new about his budgetary methods. No, it all comes down to quality of managers. And he's given this one 3.5 million, more than any other Reading manager at this level (and more than the likes of Donny, Scunny, and Barnsley can dream of). So lets at least drop the accusation that we're fourth from bottom because Madejski's starved Rodgers of funds.

Hang on - he was only given the money you speak about after Hapless Hammond had disposed of all our prize assets!! What was the squad worth before he was given £3.5M? What's more he has been expected manage with that when expectations were far higher than in the case of previous managers. Also £3.5M now is worth far less in the transfer market than it was just a few years ago.

Madejski is to blame!

AARRRGHHHHH! HOW THE FCUK WERE WE MEANT TO KEEP DOYLE, HUNT AND BIKEY WITH THOSE BIDS MADE FOR THEM?!?!?!?!? NOT POSSIBLE, END FECKING OF! FACT!

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 18 Oct 2009 16:11

rhroyal
RoyalBlue

Madejski is to blame!

AARRRGHHHHH! HOW THE FCUK WERE WE MEANT TO KEEP DOYLE, HUNT AND BIKEY WITH THOSE BIDS MADE FOR THEM?!?!?!?!? NOT POSSIBLE, END FECKING OF! FACT!

LOLz.

Take a chill pill m8.

108 posts