STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

sawyers left arm

What do we expect?

by sawyers left arm » 21 Oct 2009 12:17

Rogers is forced to sell the best players and bring in kids, surprised we've got 10 points. Madejski is the problem wake up all

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What do we expect?

by Schards#2 » 21 Oct 2009 12:30

What do we expect?

Some inkling that the manager has the faintest idea what his best team and best formation is.

Purchases that strengthen the team rather than warm the bench.

Freedom from the fear of relagation having finished 4th last year.

Some kind of indication that there is any sort of plan regarding how we are going to muster enough points to stay up.

I really don't think any of that's too much to ask even taking into account all of the circumstances.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 12:37

Some sort of managerial skill would be nice.

The players we have are not poor League one material (mostly) they are good enough (just about) for a mid-table finish. Rodgers is slowly but surely destroying us. May I remind everyone that 7 of our players are actually Rodgers' signings for a combined fee of around £3.5m

Kitson - £350k (total)
Doyle - £300k (?total)
Ingimarsson - £150k
Gunnarsson - £300k
Lita - £1m

You can get quite a lot of quality for less than that much money...

John Peel

by John Peel » 21 Oct 2009 13:16

Ian Royal You can get quite a lot of quality for less than that much money...

Agreed. One thing you can't argue with was Coppell's astuteness in the transfer market. Rodgers's transfers haven't been great, overall. Yes we've lost the core of the team, but 13 games in and £3m I'd have expected to see some sort of gelling. That argument can only take you so far Brendan mate.
Last edited by John Peel on 21 Oct 2009 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 21 Oct 2009 13:20

LOL at anyone who's defending the indefensible.

You clearly weren't there last night or went blind before the 'boro home game.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 21 Oct 2009 13:29

More entertainment and more shots on goal. I didn't expect much with the 'kids' to be honest as most of them were plying their trade on loan in League 1 and 2 last season and although showing glimpes of promise are not up to Championship standard.

I expected Matejosky to shine and come in to his own this season but he is proving to even more of an enigma than Kebe.

I expected a short pasing game with movement off the ball which we got to a degree in the Forest game, but has gradually disappeared thereafter.

I expected us to struggle for goals looking at the strikers we are left with.

I expected some passion and committment from the new Management team which is sadly lacking.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Oct 2009 13:33

All I want is a win somewhere

A bit of action, a bit of flair

Stay up with points to spare

Oh wooooouldn't it be luverly

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 21 Oct 2009 13:36

Schards#2 All I want is a win somewhere

A bit of action, a bit of flair

Stay up with points to spare

Oh wooooouldn't it be luverly

:D Like it!

Hope to hear it sung on Monday.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 21 Oct 2009 13:47

Tilehurst Mike I expected Matejosky to shine and come in to his own this season but he is proving to even more of an enigma than Kebe.
What chance has he had?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2009 13:48

LOL @ Tilehurst Mike - how many times have you seen Marek play this season??? He's not even on the bench lately and that's a travesty imo.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Oct 2009 13:55

I expect lots of threads on HNA about the same subject..............................

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Oct 2009 13:56

As has been said before he has a more than competitive squad for this division but he seems incapable of lifting them to the level of their true potential. Rodgers has had money to spend, (maybe not as much as people would've liked but more than enough for decent Championship quality additions) but he hasn't used it wisely at all.The excuses that some people and indeed he himself are giving are ridiculous.Whatever the problems at the club the excuses need to stop. In other words GET ON WITH IT.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Oct 2009 13:57

Royal Lady LOL @ Tilehurst Mike - how many times have you seen Marek play this season??? He's not even on the bench lately and that's a travesty imo.

Marek probably called the manager an Irish tw*t in Czech speak. Hence his disappearance from the starting line-up.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Oct 2009 14:04

Gordons Cumming
Royal Lady LOL @ Tilehurst Mike - how many times have you seen Marek play this season??? He's not even on the bench lately and that's a travesty imo.

Marek probably called the manager an Irish tw*t in Czech speak. Hence his disappearance from the starting line-up.

That might explain it, being from Northern Ireland I would have thought Brendan considered himself British.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 21 Oct 2009 14:07

sawyers left arm Rogers is forced to sell the best players and bring in kids, surprised we've got 10 points. Madejski is the problem wake up all

Not quite true. The mistake he made was assuming he could mould what kids we had here in the summer into a decent team. Only after the Newcastle match did reality set in. Since then he has basically put all the youngsters who were on the fringes last season back out on the fringes in favour of a handful of makeweights. If he pulls it off and gets them playing well before it's too late, then hats off to the guy. But it ain't looking good - in fact, it's looking worse with each minute played.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Oct 2009 15:41

CMRoyal
sawyers left arm Rogers is forced to sell the best players and bring in kids, surprised we've got 10 points. Madejski is the problem wake up all

Not quite true. The mistake he made was assuming he could mould what kids we had here in the summer into a decent team. Only after the Newcastle match did reality set in. Since then he has basically put all the youngsters who were on the fringes last season back out on the fringes in favour of a handful of makeweights. If he pulls it off and gets them playing well before it's too late, then hats off to the guy. But it ain't looking good - in fact, it's looking worse with each minute played.

So he realised after the second league game? 11 league games ago? yet we had another 5 (five) changes to the team last night

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Oct 2009 15:47

whilst i can understand that todger is a joke especially after last night which still plays as a complete shambles in my mind, who we going to get in replacement?

curbs- too expensive
ssc - imo only good for this season not long term
ferguson - too expensive

maybe risk parky?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2009 15:49

I'd get Dillon & Downes back short term, personally.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Oct 2009 15:51

And bought in Mills, Rasiak, McAnuff, Cummings, Bertand, O'Dea and Howard, two centre half's, left and right backs, and two midfielders.

When last year defending wasn't our problem, but scoring...

We had second lowest goals conceeded last year with 39, second to Birmingham. But only scored 64, which was 7th best.

We've already conceeded 22 in nearly a quarter of the time. And only scored 11.

Yeah we ripped the heart out the team, BUT we still have Armstrong, Rosenior (on loan @ ipswich) Ingi and Pearce. 4 players capable of only conceeding 39 in a whole season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2009 18:29

skipper

And bought in Mills, Rasiak, McAnuff, Cummings, Bertand, O'Dea and Howard, two centre half's, left and right backs, and two midfielders.

When last year defending wasn't our problem, but scoring...

We had second lowest goals conceeded last year with 39, second to Birmingham. But only scored 64, which was 7th best.

We've already conceeded 22 in nearly a quarter of the time. And only scored 11.

Yeah we ripped the heart out the team, BUT we still have Armstrong, Rosenior (on loan @ ipswich) Ingi and Pearce. 4 players capable of only conceeding 39 in a whole season.

Yes, Rosenior is on loan at Ipswich and unavailable to us because Ducksarse had him shipped out to save wages and balance the books.

Don't blame it on Rodgers
Don't blame it on Austin
Don't blame it on Lampard
BLAME IT ON MADEJSKI!