Really back from the game/pub

171 posts
howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Really back from the game/pub

by howser » 26 Oct 2009 23:20

RR fo once ?, I think ?, I agree with you, I have had a lot of confidence in what BR is capable of, but the shoestring budget has foced him into some tight corners, I just dont think that Madejski would pay out for a decent striker, which is what we were begging for tonight, Doyle would ave had a field day with that supply from the midfield !! however, tonight :

Fed ---- 6 Not a lot to do really , two good saves
Bertie---- 7 Good player !
Mills---- 5 Ok but lacks pace
Pearce---- 5 Not sure what has happened to him, seems to be going backwards, no pace
Tabb---- 6 Tenacious, done well, not sure he was the "postman" for their goal a bit short for that job in reality
McAnuff---- 6 Good at times, very good at times, but does drift in and out
Howard---- 7 Thought he looked ok, looks like he has taken over from Harper as the one everyone hates
Marek---- 9 Poured class tonight, too good for this division, excellant passing and vision
Sigs---- 6 A bit lost out on the wing but the lad shows so much promise
Church---- 6 Good movement finds lots of space.but horses ass and barn door spring to mind
Raziak---- 6 Worked hard with little reward, living in the same stable as Church I think

Subs

Kebe ---- 6 World beater one minute, die the next but thats Jimmy
Long---- 6 Should have gone on loan last season, would be sharper now !

Generally good perfrmance just needthe confdence boost of a win, we will be fine
Last edited by howser on 26 Oct 2009 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2009 23:21

^ In truth Ian there isn't anybody to come in for Rasiak assuming Hunt's still unfit so maybe go with the same side as you say but whose going to score the goals?

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:25

Ian Royal
Jeffers217 Are you joking about Tabb? He was garbage and should have been on the back post which would have made it a draw. Mills was our best defender tonihgt

What, and leave his man unmarked? Someone should have been on the back post, and normally that would be the right back. But as no one else was marking the player on the back stick Tabb had no other choice.
In the Sky interview, BR seemed miffed that the post was left unattended. He says for an outswinging corner the tactic is for both posts to be covered ... I've not seen the goal, but would that make sense ?

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 26 Oct 2009 23:28

Should've won tonight, that we didn't, that we put in our best performance to date and Leicester weren't as good as I thought they might be then I'm convinced were relegation fodder, unless something changes up front, either by a loan or in January. I agree, put some pressure up front and it will relieve some of the pressure further back. From tonight's comments:

Matey MOTM.
Tabb gave 110% and a close MOTM, remember he's out of position.
Fitness is an issue, Rasiak and Long defo show it.
Kebe should go back to the academy and learn some football, along with Cummings who I was surprised made the squad.

Hammond - If he can't turn it around with a quality loan signing or a buy in January, then either walk if you're not being supported or expect to be sacked!

Oh yes, WCBAP!!!!!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:29

Why the hell did Rodgers sub Sig? Such a talented player.

Thought we were very unlucky tonight, and deserved a draw at least.

Leicester will be fine this season, look a strong side.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Oct 2009 23:32

Church's job is to score goals but it is only fair to mention that each time he missed he was no more than a foot wide and he did get into some great positions. Hitting the middle of the target but giving comfortable saves, or shooting fractionally wide... Which is better striking?

I like Church - he is well worth persevering with.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 26 Oct 2009 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:32

The first half was the best I've seen us play in a long time. Lacked that bit of luck in front of goal, and you could sense after the McAnuff chance that it wasn't our day.....AGAIN.

Howard and Marek were brilliant in midfield, and Church's movement was stunning.

A shame, but I left the stadium with a smile for the first time since Wolves.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Oct 2009 23:33

rg6royal Leicester will be fine this season, look a strong side.

ALOL - the worst side to visit the madejski this season and you call them strong? When was the last time an away side let us have 5/6 CLEAR cut chances?

Poor comments.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:36

FiNeRaIn

ALOL - the worst side to visit the madejski this season and you call them strong? When was the last time an away side let us have 5/6 CLEAR cut chances?

Poor comments.
Good team outplayed by another one ? :shock: :?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 26 Oct 2009 23:37

FiNeRaIn

Poor comments.

Ive got to agree, Leicester were utter horse shit.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:37

FiNeRaIn

Poor comments.

They did look quite a strong side tbh. Have some top strikers in Fryatt and a a decent midfield.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Oct 2009 23:38

Almost enjoyed that! Best performance,best 2nd half ,best crowd for ages. Marek and tabb motm. Same old sucker punch, but was all they did all game. Enough passion commitment and good football to keep me happy ish.just need a striker.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:38

A good side made to look very average by us. We shat all over their midfield. Particular kudos to Marek, Howard and Sig.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Oct 2009 23:39

howser I just dont think that Madejski would pay out for a decent striker

So the £1.8million we were willing to shell out for Tommy Smith counts for nothing?

FWIW's, from my comfy seat in the pub I thought it was the best we played all season with more positives than negatives. Church played excellently aside from scoring, his movement was first class and him & Rasiak seemed the best pairing we had all season. Rasiak himself was a nuscience 1st half and was wrongly called offside on his 1 on 1 with the keeper. Matejovsky delievered the kind of performance he was capable off just something we haven't seen often enough. McAnuff & Howard were good. My only worry is Pearce. The guy hasn't improved 1 bit a year on after breaking into the team, he has no pace and looks woefully 1 footed. He maybe a good leader but my 4th choice center half.

Dissapointing result, but I'm probably more confident than I was pre game. Of course it will count for nothing come Saturday 3pm when you never know which side will turn out at Coventry.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:41

winchester_royal A good side made to look very average by us. We shat all over their midfield. Particular kudos to Marek, Howard and Sig.

Thought so.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Oct 2009 23:43

Royal Rother MM gave the best midfield display by a Reading player tonight since Sidwell left.

Church's movement is excellent and he played very well in all but the most vital aspect of the game.

Anyone still wanting Rodgers out after that performance is either blind or stupid. And what a great interview he gave Sky. Top man.

Stupid I may be but blind I'm not. All I see is my team in the relegation zone as they were before the game. The only difference between tonight and the previous games is we actually managed a few shots in the first half as opposed to the 89th minute ones we usually get.

Rodgers may be as you claim a "top man" but he is no more suitable for this job than Kingsley. If Church failed in the most vital aspect of the game then he failed never mind his movement. Mills did ok as did Tabb and Matejovsky had bright moments as well. However, we lost and no amount of rubbish on the radio or on here about the Positives from the match disguises the fact that we have Jack to show for it.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Oct 2009 23:44

FiNeRaIn

Poor comments.

Have you looked at the league table. Leicester are a good side made to look average by Reading.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:44

sandman
Royal Rother MM gave the best midfield display by a Reading player tonight since Sidwell left.

Church's movement is excellent and he played very well in all but the most vital aspect of the game.

Anyone still wanting Rodgers out after that performance is either blind or stupid. And what a great interview he gave Sky. Top man.

Stupid I may be but blind I'm not. All I see is my team in the relegation zone as they were before the game. The only difference between tonight and the previous games is we actually managed a few shots in the first half as opposed to the 89th minute ones we usually get.

Rodgers may be as you claim a "top man" but he is no more suitable for this job than Kingsley. If Church failed in the most vital aspect of the game then he failed never mind his movement. Mills did ok as did Tabb and Matejovsky had bright moments as well. However, we lost and no amount of rubbish on the radio or on here about the Positives from the match disguises the fact that we have Jack to show for it.

That, I'm afraid, shows just how short sighted you are.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:46

Horsham Royal
Ian Royal
Jeffers217 Are you joking about Tabb? He was garbage and should have been on the back post which would have made it a draw. Mills was our best defender tonihgt

What, and leave his man unmarked? Someone should have been on the back post, and normally that would be the right back. But as no one else was marking the player on the back stick Tabb had no other choice.
In the Sky interview, BR seemed miffed that the post was left unattended. He says for an outswinging corner the tactic is for both posts to be covered ... I've not seen the goal, but would that make sense ?

Oh undoubtedly the post should have been covered, but there was no one to cover it because Tabb had to pick up a player.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Oct 2009 23:49

winchester_royal A good side made to look very average by us. We shat all over their midfield. Particular kudos to Marek, Howard and Sig.

No, they just aren't very good. They won't be up there at the end of the season, i'd be prepared to have this comment quoted.

171 posts