Countdown to Rodgers' return

133 posts
Sir Rodger Doyle

Re: Countdown to Rodgers' return

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 07 Oct 2010 22:05

Man Friday
Royalee I genuinely hope they play us off the pitch and beat us with our mong fanbase.

We know.

I think you're on your own there, Royalee. I didn't agree with the sacking of Rodgers, but there is no-way on earth I want to lose to him.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 08 Oct 2010 05:56

Sir Rodger Doyle
Man Friday
Royalee I genuinely hope they play us off the pitch and beat us with our mong fanbase.

We know.

I think you're on your own there, Royalee. I didn't agree with the sacking of Rodgers, but there is no-way on earth I want to lose to him.

Once again have to agree with SRD.

Ryn

by Ryn » 08 Oct 2010 20:37

SDR in talking sense shocker.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Oct 2010 21:31

Sir Rodger Doyle
2 world wars, 1 world cup Rodgers was not the right man at all. Was clear as daylight to so many of us.

Much as I've badmothed Madejski I'm delighted with his humility and balls to get rid of him when he did.

Madejski is an absolute master of a chairman when it comes to hiring and firing managers and for that I will always respect him.

:lol:
If you are an "absolute master of a chairman" for hiring Rodgers, how can you still be an "absolute master of a chairman" for firing him?

"I'm delighted with his humility, an absolute master of a chairman" Sorry 2WW1WC, this has made day. Thank you.

I'm in the Madman out camp. I don't live up his rectum like many on here do and am able to see past teh invetsment he made into the club (for his own good).

But I have to give him credit for: McGhee, Gooding and Quinn, Pardew, Coppell, McDermott.

Yes Burns was a mistake but it was a big name signing we were all calling for. And he got rid of him.
Yes Bullivant was a mistake but again he got rid of him.
Yes Rodgers was an unforgiveable signing obvious to all off us but Royalee (go figure!)... but then again he got rid of him quicker than he got rid of anyone else and lost a lot of money in the process.

I don't like Madejksi's lack of ambition or balls *at the moment*, but on balance I respect his hiring and firing of managers. Credit where it's due.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Oct 2010 23:07

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Sir Rodger Doyle
2 world wars, 1 world cup Rodgers was not the right man at all. Was clear as daylight to so many of us.

Much as I've badmothed Madejski I'm delighted with his humility and balls to get rid of him when he did.

Madejski is an absolute master of a chairman when it comes to hiring and firing managers and for that I will always respect him.

If you are an "absolute master of a chairman" for hiring Rodgers, how can you still be an "absolute master of a chairman" for firing him?

"I'm delighted with his humility, an absolute master of a chairman" Sorry 2WW1WC, this has made day. Thank you.

I'm in the Madman out camp. I don't live up his rectum like many on here do and am able to see past teh invetsment he made into the club (for his own good).

But I have to give him credit for: McGhee, Gooding and Quinn, Pardew, Coppell, McDermott.

Yes Burns was a mistake but it was a big name signing we were all calling for. And he got rid of him.
Yes Bullivant was a mistake but again he got rid of him.
Yes Rodgers was an unforgiveable signing obvious to all off us but Royalee (go figure!)... but then again he got rid of him quicker than he got rid of anyone else and lost a lot of money in the process.

I don't like Madejksi's lack of ambition or balls *at the moment*, but on balance I respect his hiring and firing of managers. Credit where it's due.

I don't think that it is a lack of ambition. My opinion is that he has no appetite for putting money into the football club. It is very low down on his priorities.

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 11 Oct 2010 17:59

Sir Rodger Doyle
Man Friday

We know.

Agreed. Mong fanbase? That is a minority (mostly youngsters) Royalee. I feel he wasn't give a fair crack of the whip, but let's remember who brought in the likes of McAnuff, Rasiak,Mills, and to a lesser extent Cummings. I'm with SRD on this, why on earth would you say you want the team you've supported for donkey's years, to lose?!

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 11 Oct 2010 21:01

McAnuff Rasiak Mills Cummings

A genuine legacy there.......

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Oct 2010 21:59

I've not seen Reading host Swansea before... PLOLastic - but I'm looking forward to it, brining my wee boy too! He only comes for the chips' but in time he will learn - to associate chips with football no doubt... nevertheless... I forgot my point...

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Oct 2010 08:26

Percy's Rocket McAnuff Rasiak Mills Cummings

A genuine legacy there.......

You forget Brian Howard...

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 12 Oct 2010 19:11

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Oct 2010 20:27

Terminal Boardom
2 world wars, 1 world cup I don't like Madejksi's lack of ambition or balls *at the moment*, but on balance I respect his hiring and firing of managers. Credit where it's due.

I don't think that it is a lack of ambition. My opinion is that he has no appetite for putting money into the football club. It is very low down on his priorities.

Agreed. Same thing really.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 13 Oct 2010 00:41

Terminal Boardom
2 world wars, 1 world cup I don't like Madejksi's lack of ambition or balls *at the moment*, but on balance I respect his hiring and firing of managers. Credit where it's due.

He hasn't got any money to put in. Shame really.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 13 Oct 2010 02:22

roadrunner Really couldn't care less.

But you cared enough to post.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Oct 2010 12:37

I believe Rodgers would have done a good job at Reading. He wasn't given enough time and he;s not a 'Yes' man like McDonut.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Oct 2010 12:58

Sir Rodger Doyle
Terminal Boardom I don't think that it is a lack of ambition. My opinion is that he has no appetite for putting money into the football club. It is very low down on his priorities.

He hasn't got any money to put in. Shame really.

Although that is probably true, I don't even think that is the reason. It comes down to his business plan for the club, and part of that is that the club is to be self funding.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Oct 2010 13:22

No Fixed Abode I believe Rodgers would have done a good job at Reading. He wasn't given enough time and he;s not a 'Yes' man like McDonut.

Swing and a miss 'Copter.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Oct 2010 13:44

Ryn SDR in talking sense shocker.

pssst. It's Sir RODGER Doyle not Sir Dodger Royle - massive difference there!! :wink:

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 13 Oct 2010 13:46

Forking hell. Some LOLsworthy comments on here - it's not like he was a secret 'shot fan doing it on purpose :roll:

I do note many of our fan base would do exactly the same though

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Oct 2010 13:54

One win in 12 attempts at the Madejski.
Will it be 2 in 13, or 1 in 13?

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 13 Oct 2010 14:02

readingbedding One win in 12 attempts at the Madejski.
Will it be 2 in 13, or 1 in 13?

1-1 (but maybe a late goal by us to nick it).

Hopefully it'll be the Sinclair vs Kebe show

133 posts