Total votes: 67
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Man City Tickets

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2011 12:58

PEARCEY
Wimb You can book over the phone and just collect from the stadium surely? it says the tickets went on 'open sale' Sunday. Have you tried giving them a call PEARCEY?

No....I'm fine-tuning my northern accent as I speak. I will call them and let you know how I get on.

Can you not get a Terry Christian voice generator?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 08 Mar 2011 12:59

Para Handy Irrespective of whether RFC should have asked for more tickets or not there's still the point that the banding of 1600 points down to 600 means that fans with 1599 points could miss out on tickets when people with 600 points could theoretically get one. How is that a fair reflection of the Royalty points system?

I'm not a big fan of the Royalty Points but a system is needed to make sure that the most "deserving" get tickets for plum matches. The trouble with really narrow bands is that it makes it harder to buy tickets in groups of family or friends. last night I made full use of the wide bracket and should end up with six of us sat together.

I'm on record saying that the Royalty Points need an overhaul. The fan base has changed over the last few years and that should be accounted for. Emphasis should be placed on current supporters and regular away support (I'm not an "away supporter" this will be my third away of the season, that's about average for me). There's little incentive for young people to start earning points when folk with 1,000s of points already in the bag will always be ahead of them. After serving an apprenticeship, say five years, you really ought to be on an equal footing with any existing fan.

It can only be a matter of time before some enterprising young fan challenges the club on the basis of unfair age discrimination.

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 08 Mar 2011 13:03

Ok, so I didn't get tickets not fully surprised. Bit annoyed though,as I did go to Everton and I will be going to Barnsley the week after. I really wish I could get a season ticket, but I just can't. Ho hum.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 Mar 2011 13:03

900odd Home end tickets available.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2011 13:03

Para Handy I've listened to Craig Mortimer's interview on BBRB this morning and I still don't understand what the club are saying about this.

Still, Craig thinks they've handled it in a fair manner so that's OK.

Forgot to ask, did he even offer a hint of an apology?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 13:07

PEARCEY Can only see the £20 City Card as a way of becoming a Man City member. Can you let me know which site you managed to get free membership on LeicsRoyal.
Thanks

you've got a pm Pearcey

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 08 Mar 2011 13:08

Listen to it here. About 2hrs 30 minutes into the Peach show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/programmes/schedules/2011/03/08
Last edited by Para Handy on 08 Mar 2011 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 08 Mar 2011 13:08

Does anyone know what our average away attendance actually is for a weekend game? (not weekday games because as previously mentioned the time required off work significantly affects attendance).

I've worked on a few ticketing models (more for season tickets but sure the same logic can be applied). So until someone can provide a more accurate number I'm going to work from a base of say 750 as a Saturday away attendance average for RFC in the Championship season.

Base 750

Factor / Impact % / Number of fans + or - / Comments
Sunday 5pm / -5% / -37.5 / Slightly more inconvenient than a Sat but not by much
ESPN / -10% / -75 / ESPN penetration is 10% of pop so min effect
Ticket Price / 20% / 150 / Cheaper than Championship game
Game status (q/f) / 300% / 2250 / 1st away quarter final for how long? 3x more likely to attend is conservative
Big 4 opp / 200% / 1500 / Hugely glamorous team, new large stadium, accessible city

Total 4537.5

Now that's back of the fag packet in 5 minutes. And even just doing that you can see there would be significant demand, and note that the examples they provided were poor by comparison.

Plus is does not even include the up-weight effect of free travel.

There were many of us on here who the moment we saw the allocation thought it would be far too small. And the fact it sold out in one day just accentuates the strength of our conviction. When you go through a quick exercise like this it is further evidence of how inept the club have been.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 08 Mar 2011 13:11

Seal has just pwned the ticket office there.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 08 Mar 2011 13:14

That's numberwang.

Even the club apologists like brendy won't have an answer to that.

But why was it left to Seal to point that out, instead of STAR?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Mar 2011 13:15

This is a shambles, the like of which i've not seen for many a quiz.

I hope Man City win to teach the club a lesson to be honest.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 Mar 2011 13:17

Bandini That's numberwang.

Even the club apologists like brendy won't have an answer to that.

But why was it left to Seal to point that out, instead of Snowball?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 13:23

city have reported that after a lull in ticket sales they have seen demand pick up this morning! wonder why that is! :lol:

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 08 Mar 2011 13:24

Niko To anyone defending the ticketing situation, please read this.

I am a student who lives in Manchester, and as a result don't get to go to many matches. I made the journey to Everton last week, on my own, and was rewarded with a brilliant Reading performance. I was almost as happy the next day when i saw City (my second team) beat Villa to set up a quarter final at Eastlands.

However, due to the club not buying enough tickets and offering free travel to home supporters (nearly all of whom DIDN'T travel to Everton), I will either have to buy a ticket for the home end or watch on TV.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I am a student and i went to Everton from Leeds on my own, all be it meeting mates at the ground. I am lucky that i got a ticket for Man City but given the numbers we normally take away I can see why the club opted for the smaller allocation. No one has a divine right to a ticket when suddenly Reading fans feel they actually want to go to an away game.The majority of people going to city have over 1600 points, its the few people who got tickets with just over 600 when a lot of people missed out with substantially higher points totals that i think is the main injustice here.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2011 13:25

With respect though, those numbers from Seal are just made up from his own opinion......it could just as easily be argued that the games status is only 200% and the big 4 opposition only 150%. That instantly knocks off 1,500 off of the estimation......we can all make up percentages.......

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2011 13:25

I'm fairly sure the club used random numbers to work out the demand too, just different random numbers to Seal's

Kind of as Wycombe said

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 08 Mar 2011 13:41

brendywendy
rob the royal
brendywendy i fully accept, that when i dont go to enough games to get enough points to go to these big matches, its kind of my fault, not the clubs.

if theres a day trip on, ill be there, if its a cold tuesday night in sheffield im generally not interested. so im happy that the people who got to go, are better, less plastic and random than me, and therefore deserve to go more than i do.
do i wish wed got more tickets, do i wish id got one. yes yes.
do i blame the club for me not going?
nope.

I think that's very nice of you... but there must be a lot of people on here who had 600+ points and didn't get to go. It's not been good.

So glad I got a ticket last night, but definitely sympathetic (to an extent) to those who didn't... I'd be annoyed too

i am annoyed , at myself, for not renewing my ST sooner, or maybe just going to more away games over the last couple of years.
i am sympathetic to everyone who tried and failed to get a ticket like me.
but no ones stopping you going anyway. you just wont be able to sit with the rest of them. but like at man united a few years back, no one in the home end is going to get the hump with you clapping or cheering reading throughout the game.

errr I am going - I got a ticket! 8)

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Mar 2011 13:42

Given the fact that most home games are played out in front of 8000 empty seats, perhaps as a gesture of goodwill at their monumental cock-up the club might offer a free match ticket to all those who were in the 1599-600 bracket who missed out on a City ticket.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2011 13:43

floyd__streete Given the fact that most home games are played out in front of 8000 empty seats, perhaps as a gesture of goodwill at their monumental cock-up the club might offer a free match ticket to all those who were in the 1599-600 bracket who missed out on a City ticket.

Even though many of them will have a season ticket?

EPR

by EPR » 08 Mar 2011 13:44

floyd__streete Given the fact that most home games are played out in front of 8000 empty seats, perhaps as a gesture of goodwill at their monumental cock-up the club might offer a free match ticket to all those who were in the 1599-600 bracket who missed out on a City ticket.

I was wondering similar - perhaps if we get to Wembley by allocating one of the decent blocks to 600-1599'ers that would otherwise [probably] sell out to the top bracket.

2304 posts