I wanna go home, this is a s**thole...

171 posts
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

I wanna go home, this is a s**thole...

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 00:02

So go home then!

Seriously, how intelligent are our supporters when this sing this crap week in week out suddenly because they heard other teams supporters sing it at our place. Palace away for example, old fashioned stand with a low roof perfect for getting behind the boys and then that crap begins! I really do worry about the brains of the next generation of RFC supporters coming through, no witty chants and copying anything simple. Even that team of Leighterwoods (first used for the genius talents of George Best) chant is dire and now we're using Bryn's chant for McCarthy which just goes to show how downhill it has become.

R.I.P. The South Bank

dantheloyalroyal

Re: I wanna go home, this is a s**thole...

by dantheloyalroyal » 10 Mar 2011 00:05

Compo's Hat So go home then!

Seriously, how intelligent are our supporters when this sing this crap week in week out suddenly because they heard other teams supporters sing it at our place. Palace away for example, old fashioned stand with a low roof perfect for getting behind the boys and then that crap begins! I really do worry about the brains of the next generation of RFC supporters coming through, no witty chants and copying anything simple. Even that team of Leighterwoods (first used for the genius talents of George Best) chant is dire and now we're using Bryn's chant for McCarthy which just goes to show how downhill it has become.

R.I.P. The South Bank
:lol:

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Mar 2011 00:05

R.I.P. The South Bank

Well, think up some new songs and we'll sing them. We're only using the Ledge and McCarthy ones because they are tried and tested.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 00:07

Kitson12

R.I.P. The South Bank

Well, think up some new songs and we'll sing them. We're only using the Ledge and McCarthy ones because they are tried and tested.

Deary me, there's been plenty of good chants which the simples can't learn.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Mar 2011 00:10

Compo's Hat
Kitson12

R.I.P. The South Bank

Deary me, there's been plenty of good chants which the simples can't learn.

Brilliant! :roll:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 10 Mar 2011 00:14

R.I.P. The South Bank

RIP the Southbank indeed, but don't kid yourself, we're boring as fcuk when it comes to chants. It's not exactly news. Good on those that have brought something new the table.

Even something short and simple to the tune of Liverpool's "Liverpool, liiivvveeerrrpool" to "We're Reading, we're reading"... Easy, would be loud with a backing, and we can't even come up with that.

Perhaps you can freshen things up and be the voice we miss in Y25/26?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 00:18

I'm up there and at away games but the quality of the chants is slowly deteriorating.

The likes of myself, handbags and floyd have their genius chants sounded out sometimes by some complete turd!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 10 Mar 2011 00:23

Compo's Hat I'm up there and at away games but the quality of the chants is slowly deteriorating.

The likes of myself, handbags and floyd have their genius chants sounded out sometimes by some complete turd!

I know you're up there, I've sat with you and still sit around you, you fecking tramp. You'll never please everyone but noise is noise. Wait for these lot to shut up and then you lot kick off the better chants. The more you're heard the more others will learn the songs and join in.

You moany old tart!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 00:25

roadrunner You moany old tart!

I blame knowing floyd for 10 odd years!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Mar 2011 00:26

roadrunner
Compo's Hat I'm up there and at away games but the quality of the chants is slowly deteriorating.

I know you're up there, I've sat with you and still sit around you, you fecking tramp. You'll never please everyone but noise is noise. Wait for these lot to shut up and then you lot kick off the better chants. The more you're heard the more others will learn the songs and join in.

You moany old tart!

I'll very happily join in, you start it, I'll join in.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 10 Mar 2011 00:26

To the top with McDermott
Doo Dah Doo Dah
Too the top with McDermott
Doo Dah Doo Dah Day
To the top by night
To the top by day
Doo Dah Doo Dah Day

There`s another rehashed late sixties belter!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 10 Mar 2011 00:30

Compo's Hat

And AP. I sat a couple of seats to their right a couple of years ago and it was like sitting with two grumpy old women.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 10 Mar 2011 00:42

This seems to be the latest chant that every team of fans sing, the last one being "EASY".

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 00:44

roadrunner
Compo's Hat

And AP. I sat a couple of seats to their right a couple of years ago and it was like sitting with two grumpy old women.

Last seen watching Torquay he got that fed up :D

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 00:45

Negative_Jeff To the top with McDermott
Doo Dah Doo Dah
Too the top with McDermott
Doo Dah Doo Dah Day
To the top by night
To the top by day
Doo Dah Doo Dah Day

There`s another rehashed late sixties belter!

This is the man that brought you the Kebe chant, another fine effort Jeff! 8)

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 10 Mar 2011 00:54

Help me out, what tune is that too

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 10 Mar 2011 00:55

BenReadingFC This seems to be the latest chant that every team of fans sing, the last one being "EASY".
That died pretty quickly last night, and funnily enough it was pretty much the only one everyone joined in with :roll:

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 10 Mar 2011 00:57

dantheloyalroyal
BenReadingFC This seems to be the latest chant that every team of fans sing, the last one being "EASY".
That died pretty quickly last night, and funnily enough it was pretty much the only one everyone joined in with :roll:

Nah, I thought most joined in with "Is there a fire drill?" tbh

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 10 Mar 2011 01:13

BenReadingFC
dantheloyalroyal

Nah, I thought most joined in with "Is there a fire drill?" tbh
Ah, yeah.

That's the kind of inventiveness that Compo's Hat strives for!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 10 Mar 2011 01:22

It was apt at the time, 3 nil up, watching the ground empty with a few minutes spare on the clock.

171 posts