Cedric Baseya

418 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Cedric Baseya

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:06

I'd be surprised if he is costing us more than £50k in wages over the next 9 months.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:07

Wycombe Royal I'd be surprised if he is costing us more than £50k in wages over the next 9 months.

50k we haven't got as our wage structure is already too high. We should be cutting down, not adding.

There aren't many people on this thread who have studied the accounts. That much is clear.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:08

rhroyal
I'll respond in king and spell out my logic again, perhaps more clearly for your sake. You clearly didn't read it first time.

1) Keep several cheap, young strikers on the books.

2) Give them chances in reserves/on loan and monitor progress.

3) Hopefully, 1 or 2 offer something to the team. You therefore save ££££ on going out and signing a "proven" striker. if they're really good, sell on at a high price.

4) Let the others go. All cost incurred on them has been cancelled out, and more, by stage 3.

That we currently have a few strikers on our books only makes this less of a risk. It's a £100k or so gamble, nothing more. He won't affect the team if he's not good enough; we aren't in a position to where we need him to step up.

Which relates nicely back to Doyle. This guy is far less a risk than Doyle, as he needed to step up straight away. He did brilliantly, but could not have. Also, we're in a better financial position now than when we signed Doyle and Long. We were making losses year on year back then. The change in the Chairman's attitude has been discussed in relation to this enough and I won't go into it now.

Suffice to say, we can afford this. It's a cheap investment, and peanuts compared to what the senior players will cost us.

What good will all this be once we hit administration?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 21 Sep 2011 12:09

FiNeRaIn
There aren't many people on this thread who have studied the accounts. That much is clear.

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:09

Absolutely bonkers.

Le Fondre, Hunt, Church, Manset, Robson-Kanu, Williams, Bignall and now Baseya?
Seriously, what is the point in a year deal for a guy who's scored no goals as a professional, despite being around for 4 years and playing 20+ games. We already have 2 stikers who aren't going to make it with us, wtf is the point of signing a third!

Dirk, you aren't doing yourself any favours leaping to the defence here. You're just making yourself look like the club's lapdog. Maybe the club has seen something in him, but they saw something in Williams, Williams, Bennett, Sodje & Mooney amongst many others too and they've all flopped.

If he comes good we can all eat our humble pie and congratulate the scouts, but this is still an utterly WTF signing.

Comparisons to Doyle are ludicrous, he was a prolific scorer playing regularly.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 21 Sep 2011 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 Sep 2011 12:10

FiNeRaIn
Wycombe Royal I'd be surprised if he is costing us more than £50k in wages over the next 9 months.

50k we haven't got as our wage structure is already too high. We should be cutting down, not adding.

Williams x2, Taylor, Antonio, Bignall all out on loan.......saves us money on wages

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Sep 2011 12:10

We have a budget for all the football activities.

As long as that 50k is within that budget then I'm happy enough - because if he gets to the point where he's pushing for a first-team place then we'd easily be able to get something like £100k for him.

I think they want to see how ALF does with a real brute next to him getting knock-downs and holding the ball up. So 50k to make ALF a more effective player is good value - even if he, personally, scores ZERO goals.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:11

FiNeRaIn

In case you weren't aware, I am a qualified accoutant as are others on this forum.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:12

Svlad Cjelli We have a budget for all the football activities.

As long as that 50k is within that budget then I'm happy enough - because if he gets to the point where he's pushing for a first-team place then we'd easily be able to get something like £100k for him.

I think they want to see how ALF does with a real brute next to him getting knock-downs and holding the ball up. So 50k to make ALF a more effective player is good value - even if he, personally, scores ZERO goals.

Please, no, that'll just result in us hoofing the ball even more and playing even shitter football.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:14

Wycombe Royal
FiNeRaIn

In case you weren't aware, I am a qualified accoutant as are others on this forum.

So you should know just how risky this strategy is. Spending money you don't have ( as we are already making a loss) is frankly ridiculous. I think you need to read the accounts to aware yourself of our financial situation!!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:14

Ian Royal
Svlad Cjelli We have a budget for all the football activities.

Please, no, that'll just result in us hoofing the ball even more and playing even shitter football.

+1

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Sep 2011 12:14

Ian Royal Dirk, you aren't doing yourself any favours leaping to the defence here. You're just making yourself look like the club's lapdog. Maybe the club has seen something in him, but they saw something in Williams, Williams, Bennett, Sodje & Mooney amongst many others too and they've all flopped.

If he comes good we can all eat our humble pie and congratulate the scouts, but this is still an utterly WTF signing.

Maybe WTF - but none of us know what effect he'll have or whether he'll be a success of failure. The main point is that the cost is so small that we're not exposing ourselves to any real risk if he is a failure.

You only gain by taking a risk - this risk is so low risk it's hardly worth all the angst about.

PS - I'm not pro-club on this, I'm anti-people who are prepared to rubbish a player they've not seen and didn't know existed an hour ago on the basis of a single line of statistics.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Sep 2011 12:15

gives us a plan b, for that i am happy ,welcome to the club!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:16

I can't help but feel the club have been pushed into this by the continous whinging noises from fans on HNA and in the ground asking where the money has gone and why aren't we signing anone. This is a panic signing.
When we are in adminstration come the end of may, I hope all you moaners are proud of yourself for ruining our club.

I am going outside to calm down.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:17

FiNeRaIn
Wycombe Royal
FiNeRaIn 50k we haven't got as our wage structure is already too high. We should be cutting down, not adding.

So you should know just how risky this strategy is. Spending money you don't have ( as we are already making a loss) is frankly ridiculous. I think you need to read the accounts to aware yourself of our financial situation!!

I think you need to take things into perspective. Brian will have a budget that he has been given by the board to work within. This will be based on future revenue and cost projections. As long as this comes from that budget then there is no issue. There is no ongoing cost past the end of the season if we choose not to extend.

Is that really that hard to understand?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:18

Wycombe Royal As long as this comes from that budget then there is no issue. There is no ongoing cost past the end of the season if we choose not to extend.

** curently outside calming down**

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 21 Sep 2011 12:19

FiNeRaIn I can't help but feel the club have been pushed into this by the continous whinging noises from fans on HNA and in the ground asking where the money has gone and why aren't we signing anone. This is a panic signing.
When we are in adminstration come the end of may, I hope all you moaners are proud of yourself for ruining our club.

:lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:19

FiNeRaIn I can't help but feel the club have been pushed into this by the continous whinging noises from fans on HNA and in the ground asking where the money has gone and why aren't we signing anone. This is a panic signing.

How are we going to end up in administration? The only way it will happen is if Madejski wants repayment of his loans and he puts us into administration himself and that isn't going to happen.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Sep 2011 12:21

Wycombe Royal I think you need to take things into perspective. Brian will have a budget that he has been given by the board to work within. This will be based on future revenue and cost projections. As long as this comes from that budget then there is no issue. There is no ongoing cost past the end of the season if we choose not to extend.

My point exactly. We are budgeting to lose money by running a football team. As long as this signing doesn't increase that loss then I see no problem with the risk.

They've identified a type of player we don't currently have and are trying to fill that gap cheaply.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Sep 2011 12:21

I don't actually think FiNeRaIn is being serious here. He can't be, surely?

418 posts