Cedric Baseya

418 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Cedric Baseya

by Hoop Blah » 21 Sep 2011 23:52

Platypuss
manny96 If he were Long's replacement, I'd get the anger. Otherwise, chilldogs. Also, Mooney got a goal against Blackburn last night. Even if Cedric doesn't get a minute of gametime in the league, we can probably shift him at a profit with a bit of good PR.

How do you make a profit on a free transfer?

If we think he's worth a fee then perhaps we'll have offered him a contract beyond next summer, then flog him anyway...a bit far fetched admittedly!

As for the comparison with Long...it took him what 5 years of varying degrees of involvement and dross to progress to the standard he was last season. If this guy plays for us for 5 years then he'll have been a relative success though.

manny96

by manny96 » 22 Sep 2011 00:05

Platypuss
manny96 If he were Long's replacement, I'd get the anger. Otherwise, chilldogs. Also, Mooney got a goal against Blackburn last night. Even if Cedric doesn't get a minute of gametime in the league, we can probably shift him at a profit with a bit of good PR.

How do you make a profit on a free transfer?

This is indeed questionable. Point is though, Mooney is still thought good enough for only a league below us and scores against Premier League opposition, meaning he has some value. Despite the fact we released him. Baseya doesn't need to actually play for us to retain value. He's also arriving for free.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 22 Sep 2011 00:25

Sir Dodger Royal Interesting that Donut has known about him for a long time. He must be the only professional striker who does not have a video showing a goal he has scored. Bloody facts are he hasn't scored any. Donut is losing the plot along with all connected with RFC.

Real Factssssssssss

Winner.

Oh how I love you, SDR.

Readingfc50

by Readingfc50 » 22 Sep 2011 01:21

From a Southampton fan on another forum:

Think Reading might be quietly surpsied in time with this guy. At saints he was relentless at youth team and reserve team level tearing defences apart with great goals-i remember watching him for once and thought we have a rather good player on our hands here. Saints were set to offer him a new pro deal, but lille i think it was came in for him and as his contract was set to run out they got him on a free transfer subject to a trbunial hearing because he was under 23 at the time. I was gutted at hearing this news personaly, and it seems since he has left he has rotted. Thing is Cedric in a confidence player and it doesnt seem that he has had the surport since he left saints. Tbf he is abit of a anelka/puncheon and needs to be reasurd all the time and be praised. I saw him play in france and couldnt believeit was the same player-his confidence looked shot to pieces [for reasons we all dont know]...

Therefore my gut feeling is that if reading put an arm around him and make him feel welcome, im sure he will reap the rewards for you despite his so poor scoring record since leaving saints...You have to also remember he was only young when he left saints, and youngsters need backing and confidence from the staff and players all the time. Despite how much potential they have it will never show through if there damanged at a young age which seems to off have happened to cedric...trust me the guys got ability potentialy in adbundance. Gifted player. So put a arm around him reading fans take to him and your in for a new player complatley i believe. Destroy the confidence you destroy the player and cedric was a small fish in a big pond in france-but i feel now his time has come!!

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 22 Sep 2011 01:37

Mike Hunt
Sir Dodger Royal Interesting that Donut has known about him for a long time. He must be the only professional striker who does not have a video showing a goal he has scored. Bloody facts are he hasn't scored any. Donut is losing the plot along with all connected with RFC.

Real Factssssssssss

Winner.

Oh how I love you, SDR.

:lol: It's a beauty - plaudits, Dodge.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 22 Sep 2011 08:23

Readingfc50 From a Southampton fan on another forum:

Think Reading might be quietly surpsied in time with this guy. At saints he was relentless at youth team and reserve team level tearing defences apart with great goals-i remember watching him for once and thought we have a rather good player on our hands here. Saints were set to offer him a new pro deal, but lille i think it was came in for him and as his contract was set to run out they got him on a free transfer subject to a trbunial hearing because he was under 23 at the time. I was gutted at hearing this news personaly, and it seems since he has left he has rotted. Thing is Cedric in a confidence player and it doesnt seem that he has had the surport since he left saints. Tbf he is abit of a anelka/puncheon and needs to be reasurd all the time and be praised. I saw him play in france and couldnt believeit was the same player-his confidence looked shot to pieces [for reasons we all dont know]...

Therefore my gut feeling is that if reading put an arm around him and make him feel welcome, im sure he will reap the rewards for you despite his so poor scoring record since leaving saints...You have to also remember he was only young when he left saints, and youngsters need backing and confidence from the staff and players all the time. Despite how much potential they have it will never show through if there damanged at a young age which seems to off have happened to cedric...trust me the guys got ability potentialy in adbundance. Gifted player. So put a arm around him reading fans take to him and your in for a new player complatley i believe. Destroy the confidence you destroy the player and cedric was a small fish in a big pond in france-but i feel now his time has come!!

Good bit of info there!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Sep 2011 09:09

Agreed - just because a player hasn't scored any professional goals in hardly any appearances doesn't make him a crap striker ... I just can't believe FR's outburst. If he's really in such a panic about our wages, he should be worrying about bigger fish, like selling our players on biggest wages. It's like a CEO in a loss making company fretting about the cost of paper ...

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 22 Sep 2011 09:31

I haven't scored a professional goal yet either, but I still believe in myself!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Sep 2011 09:45

FiNeRaIn Written him off? He's never been written on....no goals in 4 years of football as a striker. :roll:

How many appearances and assists.

I'd take a 30 assist a season striker who scores 0 goals.... although I somehow doubt that is the case here.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Sep 2011 09:46

Readingfc50 Thing is Cedric in a confidence player
The black Fernando Torres?

If a confidence boost will get the goals going then I sure hope he hasn't started his Reading career by reading this thread!

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 22 Sep 2011 10:15

Depends how pessimistic you are when looking at the accounts as to how you view things, and your view of other clubs and not just your own. The facts are that revenue is up, and wages are down by ~30%. We've got more cash than we have had in years and our liabilities are substantially lower than the majority of other clubs in the league. Assuming this guy is on 3k a week for 40 weeks (120k salary before tax for those less numerate individuals), and even with a bit of tax taking that to 130k or so, as said above it's a drop in the ocean relative to the size of the club, and more importantly to our position last year.

Now that I've made my point financially, what a ridiculous signing. The last thing we need, a big guy with no technique. If we are unfortunate enough to have 6 injured strikers simulataneously and this guy manages to step onto the pitch, I can already see the ridicule and songs that will occur as a result of this guy scuffing a shot into an open goal. Fun times.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Sep 2011 10:19

RFCSPACE The last thing we need, a big guy with no technique.

I'm getting sick of comments like these. Who gives a toss what colour he is? I don't want a big white guy with no technique either.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 22 Sep 2011 10:22

FiNeRaIn

I'm getting sick of comments like these. Who gives a toss what colour he is? I don't want a big white guy with no technique either.

:?: :?:

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 22 Sep 2011 10:23

Now I know FiNeRaIn is on a WU with this one!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Sep 2011 10:24

:lol:

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 22 Sep 2011 11:00

FiNeRaIn

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcs4kk_le-controle-de-baseya_fun

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Sep 2011 11:48

Wimb
Readingfc50 From a Southampton fan on another forum:

Good bit of info there!

All depends on how reliable the guys opinions are really. At least someone likes the him though.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Sep 2011 11:54

So he needs Heston to treat him like he supposedly treats Kebe. If that's the case we might be onto something in 6 months or so....

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 22 Sep 2011 11:55

Church/Baseya, the Championship's most lethal and prolific partnership.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Sep 2011 12:05

M-U-R-T-Y Church/Baseya, the Championship's most lethal and prolific partnership.

Harsh on Church when we have Bignall & Williams too.

418 posts