418 posts
RepressedRoyal

Re: Cedric Baseya

by RepressedRoyal » 22 Sep 2011 13:03

Tweet from earlier

JonnyFordham Jonny Fordham
Asked McDermott about him, spoke at length, story in @getreading tomorrow
1 hour ago

This will be interesting, McDermott is a big fan of the book "Bounce" by Matthew Syed and I think he has got it in his head he can manufacture players like he did with Shane Long. However, according to the book, it takes 10,000 hours or 10 years to manufacture from a blank start. If Baseya is useless now, he will be 33 year by the time his compiled the 10,000 hour rule, and this if he is willing!

Surely he can't be that bad, I am going to take some encouragement from the Saints supporter, however, I have a mate who is Saints supporter and he thought Antonio was a world beater!

I expect this one to run and run...............

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Sep 2011 13:13

RepressedRoyal I expect this one to run and run...............

I suspect not actually. We'll never see him play, he'll be filed under Brett Williams/Dave Mooney/Alan Bennett/Conor Sinott/ etc etc, that lengthy list of waste-of-time signings who the happy-clappys on this forum insist were worth a go because of the fluke of signing Doyle and Lng for tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Sep 2011 13:15

Who was that Australian 'wonderkid' we signed who I saw play on loan for Woking, I sl8d him as not being remotely good enough, got sl8d myself by Sun Tzu/Matt Robinson's Barber/Behindu for writing him off.....subsequently released without plaing for us 8) .

Come to think of it, whatever happened to Sun Tzu/Matt Robinson's Barber/Behindu/all the shakesperoes? Did he go all Howard Marks and become Brendy Wendy?

Edit: Oliver Bozanic.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 22 Sep 2011 13:19

floyd__streete Who was that Australian 'wonderkid' we signed who I saw play on loan for Woking, I sl8d him as not being remotely good enough, got sl8d myself by Sun Tzu/Matt Robinson's Barber/Behindu for writing him off.....subsequently released without plaing for us 8) .

Come to think of it, whatever happened to Sun Tzu/Matt Robinson's Barber/Behindu/all the shakesperoes? Did he go all Howard Marks and become Brendy Wendy?

Edit: Oliver Bozanic.

I don't care. One of the single most tedious posters on the board ever.

States something rancidly stupid. Gets slated. Runs away. Changes username.
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 22 Sep 2011 14:46

floyd__streete

I suspect not actually. We'll never see him play, he'll be filed under Brett Williams/Dave Mooney/Alan Bennett/Conor Sinott/ etc etc, that lengthy list of waste-of-time signings who the happy-clappys on this forum insist were worth a go because of the fluke of signing Doyle and Lng for tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.

Sorry, I didn't mean run and run as in he will eventually make it Floyd, I meant the subject of signing rank outsiders to make the grade will run and run, if you see what I mean. Is it just us, or do all clubs take these kind of bizarre punts on a regular basis and it's just because it is not newsworthy we don't hear about it? Add to your list that top quality centre back we signed from Lepricorn Clovers who needed the money for tea bags.....his name escapes me, but he was definitely "one for the future"

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Sep 2011 14:55

Isn't Bozanic the one who got really bad Glandular fever and couldn't train for over a year? No surprise he never made the grade really. If you get it bad that disease can ruin you physically.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Sep 2011 15:57

I want to ruin you physically xx

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Sep 2011 15:57

RepressedRoyal
floyd__streete

Sorry, I didn't mean run and run as in he will eventually make it Floyd, I meant the subject of signing rank outsiders to make the grade will run and run, if you see what I mean. Is it just us, or do all clubs take these kind of bizarre punts on a regular basis and it's just because it is not newsworthy we don't hear about it? Add to your list that top quality centre back we signed from Lepricorn Clovers who needed the money for tea bags.....his name escapes me, but he was definitely "one for the future"

Yeah I think all clubs do this - occasionally someone strikes lucky like Swindon did with Charlie Austin, but most of the time they don't. It's actually pretty much the same with academy players - the vast majority disappear into obscurity, but occasionally you strike lucky. The cost of running the academy is probably far greater though than signing CB but I don't hear FineRain and co bemoaning our continued investment in the academy ...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Sep 2011 16:27

i think the Gylfi sale single handedly repaid all the running costs of the academy up to date :lol:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 22 Sep 2011 16:31

ZacNaloen Isn't Bozanic the one who got really bad Glandular fever and couldn't train for over a year? No surprise he never made the grade really. If you get it bad that disease can ruin you physically.

He definitely suffered more than his fair share of injuries and illness. I saw him play his first U18s game for us and he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch, including Bignall, Gylfi and possibly Pearce and Karacan.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 22 Sep 2011 17:22

RFCSPACE
FiNeRaIn
RFCSPACE The last thing we need, a big guy with no technique.

I'm getting sick of comments like these. Who gives a toss what colour he is? I don't want a big white guy with no technique either.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcs4kk_le-controle-de-baseya_fun

Oh my oxf*rd god. :shock:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Sep 2011 18:02

Pepe the Horseman I want to ruin you physically xx

No chance m8, we're a well run club.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 22 Sep 2011 18:53

May not have scored a professional goal, but these french chav gangsta types seem to love the lad!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7wui5_cedric-baseya_sport

Could be the new Bas Savage! 8)

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Sep 2011 02:34

I'm praying this guy becomes the next Wayne Rooney and this thread never gets deleted..............................it says EVERYTHING that needs to be said about some of the utter twats who support this club.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 23 Sep 2011 07:33

assuming he's on the equivalent of £25-30K a year basic that's alright by me. With his record in any other industry he'd be working for free aa an intern.

what happened to that Bulgarian Vasilev btw - I never saw him play.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 23 Sep 2011 08:30

I've no idea whether he's any good or not, nor have anyone on this Board. Maybe they bought him because he's a great mate of Kebe and might persuade him to stay.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Sep 2011 08:38

Not reading the whole thread, obvs, but I'm assuming he's a secret agent brought in to talk Kebe into signing a new deal. But in FRENCH.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 23 Sep 2011 09:05

We seem to be thinning down the Irish contingent and replacing them with French players. As long as that annoys Spacey, that's fine by me.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 23 Sep 2011 09:55

How does Spacey know someone's French? Being deaf (no disrespect) he can't hear them when they speak, so maybe his lip reading skills are very good.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Sep 2011 10:29

RFCSPACE
FiNeRaIn
RFCSPACE The last thing we need, a big guy with no technique.

I'm getting sick of comments like these. Who gives a toss what colour he is? I don't want a big white guy with no technique either.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcs4kk_le-controle-de-baseya_fun

JESUS

418 posts