Tim Dellors Commentary

194 posts
Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Sarah Star » 18 Apr 2012 14:51

I felt he lost his footballing mojo a bit when Kitson left. It's been good to hear him get excited about Reading on the radio again.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 Apr 2012 17:16

Maguire Pleased for Tim - I know he gets a bit of stick and some of it is deserved but the bloke absolutely loves RFC and is, IMHO, a key part of the experience of being a Reading fan (media wise at least)

Hope he enjoyed last night

Royal Lady ^ agreed with Mags!

I hold him in part, accountable for us getting McD - so for that I will always be grateful to him! :wink:

Proper fan, proper emotion - love him!

Agreed with both points! Pushing Rodgers to the breaking point ushered in the McDermott era. Well done Tim!

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Apr 2012 17:48

I am a massive fan of Tim. I love how excited he gets. Tim if you are reading this, top top job this season.

Love
Just about all Reading fans abroad.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Apr 2012 21:04

Some people moan about Tim's passionate (alright slightly biaised as well!) commentary. But if they want neutral and dead, listen to a different station not the club's local radio station.

As far as I'm concerned it's great to hear that passion and listening to his highlights after games brings the memories and excitement flooding back. That's particularly the case with games like the away leg of the Cardiff playoff game last season (who can ever forget how he greeted Shane Long's goal?) and yesterday's clinching of promotion against Forest.

Keep up the good work Tim - and Mick, you do a great job as the counter-balance/straight man/voice of reason. e.g. Tim talking of the PL next season and you pointing out that there is still 11 minutes to go!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Apr 2012 21:33

And 8 minutes to go - and 2 minutes plus added time...!

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 18 Apr 2012 22:53

+1 for the Dellor camp. I don't get to hear him too often as I'm usually at games but as stated above he clearly comes across as a fan. People need to get over his accent. So, he's posh? Really? I'd rather have Dellor articulating in his "plummy" voice than listening to some illiterate tongue tied scrote trying to describe the action to me. He's local, he's a fan. What's not to like about the bloke?

Mick Gooding is another gem.

I'd also rather listen to Dellor, who at least has some idea what he's talking about, than the risible "Peachy". Really, feck off. You've no idea what you're on about when it comes to football. Let's have Nikki Whiteman on talking about what Jason Roberts has in his washbag. Oh... he doesn't have one. Great radio that! Washbag.. btw... wtf?

Love to hear from you Peachy!

Clearly BBC Berkshire programming needs more input from RL. The only woman that knows everything about RFC.

Gonna delete this one too love?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Apr 2012 09:20

As I've said before, I love The Dellor.

He's like welcoming a silly Uncle into your lounge. His enthusiasm draws you in like you are watching the game.

And I don’t understand the criticism of his bias –
IT’S READING LOCAL RADIO, YOU F.KING REACH-AROUND.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Apr 2012 13:38

Exactly, I want totally biased Reading point of view cencentration with perhaps grudging admiration for the oppo if they really are that good.

If the team are serving up Watford or Stevebage-esque performances then I want him getting upset and telling us how bad it is

If I want something conciliatory then I would go to national radio where that is expected.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 19 Apr 2012 15:24

Cant beat a bit of Tim 'n' Mick hearing Kevin dillion for West Ham updates on tuesday night showed how lucky we are to have that double act! Dillon always sounds like he would rather be somewhere else when i hear him....

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Apr 2012 16:41

Extended-Phenotype As I've said before, I love The Dellor.

He's like welcoming a silly Uncle into your lounge. His enthusiasm draws you in like you are watching the game.

And I don’t understand the criticism of his bias –
IT’S READING LOCAL RADIO, YOU F.KING REACH-AROUND.

^^
This

He's a lot less retarded that some on this forum.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2012 08:42

Para Handy +1 for the Dellor camp. I don't get to hear him too often as I'm usually at games but as stated above he clearly comes across as a fan. People need to get over his accent. So, he's posh? Really? I'd rather have Dellor articulating in his "plummy" voice than listening to some illiterate tongue tied scrote trying to describe the action to me. He's local, he's a fan. What's not to like about the bloke?

Mick Gooding is another gem.

I'd also rather listen to Dellor, who at least has some idea what he's talking about, than the risible "Peachy". Really, feck off. You've no idea what you're on about when it comes to football. Let's have Nikki Whiteman on talking about what Jason Roberts has in his washbag. Oh... he doesn't have one. Great radio that! Washbag.. btw... wtf?

Love to hear from you Peachy!

Clearly BBC Berkshire programming needs more input from RL. The only woman that knows everything about RFC.

Gonna delete this one too love?

I've never deleted any of your posts - so I don't have a scooby what you're on about. I'm sensing anger there m8 - chin up

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Apr 2012 09:25

I LOVE how biased he is - do people really complain about that?!

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! WE'RE AT WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Go on my son.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 20 Apr 2012 21:09

Royal Lady I've never deleted any of your posts - so I don't have a scooby what you're on about. I'm sensing anger there m8 - chin up

Must be some other busybody then. No anger from me m8, Just like to have a little dig at you and your doppelganger from the Nags every now and again. One of you knows everything about RFC and the other knows everything. Thanks for the chin up quote. Sums you up really.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Apr 2012 21:56

not sure what this bitch-fest has anything to do with Tim Dellor.............nevertheless, Para you should be honoured to have been engaged in such a scintilating encounter with the lady oh so royal.

Really looking forward to hearing Tim & Mick on BBC Berks next season...and none of those traitorous Jonny (cum lately) Saunders types who gatecrashed the BBC (locally and nationally) during our last sojourn in the Prem.....then dropped us like a stone

Back over to you Woodcote.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Apr 2012 09:00

Para Handy
Royal Lady I've never deleted any of your posts - so I don't have a scooby what you're on about. I'm sensing anger there m8 - chin up

Must be some other busybody then. No anger from me m8, Just like to have a little dig at you and your doppelganger from the Nags every now and again. One of you knows everything about RFC and the other knows everything. Thanks for the chin up quote. Sums you up really.

Still no idea what you're on about - feel free to PM me to explain.

Anyway, I've always supported Tim - glad a few more have come around to my way of thinking!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 29 Apr 2012 16:59

You can add me too RL.

I was never really a fan of Dellor's commentaries (Cardiff playoff 2nd leg aside) but in the last 2 months of the season to me he sounded better than ever.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Jun 2012 16:16

(who can ever forget how he greeted Shane Long's goal?)

ive forgotten

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 05 Jul 2012 15:57

Loved the Rodgers interviews as well...

Absolutely praying when Liverpool come down that we have "Dellor & Rodgers - The Reunion". So good they should put them on CD, a bit like the Ricky Gervais thing

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Jul 2012 13:03

Reading4eva Loved the Rodgers interviews as well...

Absolutely praying when Liverpool come down that we have "Dellor & Rodgers - The Reunion". So good they should put them on CD, a bit like the Ricky Gervais thing

If only we hadn't played Swansea 3 times in one season after Rodgers left, eh?

BrockManson

by BrockManson » 09 Jul 2012 10:33

I like his voice, and his commentary is pretty decent as far as local radio stations go.

His punditry/journalistic 'prowess' however are dreadful. I loved his article about how McDermott is absolutely 100% dead on guaranteed to leave for Wolves, even though it was never going to happen in a million years. Dellor comes across an alright guy, he just knows absolutely sod all about football.

194 posts