Why so negative after three games?

Mr.T10

Why so negative after three games?

by Mr.T10 » 17 Sep 2012 16:29

I have looked through and all I see is doom and gloom from my fellow Royals. Lets look at it realistically.
Stoke- We were nervous and Reading probably showed more than Stoke but a draw was a good result and a point was deserved. Stoke just drew against the Champions of England so they can't be that bad.
Chelsea- We were very good and for some parts we were out playing Chelsea who are the European champions let me remind you; It only took a bad decision to give Chelsea the lead. Our teams performance was very impressive and showed true heart but these games that is all you can really do.
Sunderland- I went up, I got wet and came back home.
*25 days later*
Tottenham- A top 6 club at least who outplayed us in every position but did you expect anything more? We were rusty and were playing against a very strong spurs side who will be defiant fighting for 4th spot. If that was Norwich than I would be worried but it wasn't so save your criticism for then if that does happen. *side note* We should have had a penalty at 0-0 so the game would have been completely different if Webb had the balls to give a decision against a top 6 side.

Losing to a top 6 will not be the reason we go down it would be losing to Wigan, Southampton, Norwich, Swansea, West Ham, Villa, Stoke, Sunderland(H), QPR, Fulham (H), WBA(H). We have only played one of these teams and on a different day we would have won against Stoke. Lets see where we stand after 10 games and than we can give a better understanding of our team and where we will finish even then it will be unclear. If we put on a performance against WBA and get the result I am sure all the "doom and gloomers" will be back in the closet. A lot of "if's" and "but's" but it is so early.

In brian we trust!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Why so negative after three games?

by maffff » 17 Sep 2012 16:30

'We're doomed, I say. Doomed'

'Don't Panic Mr Zingarevich, don't panic'

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 17 Sep 2012 16:30

Because this is HNA?

Win a match and we're the best team the world has ever seen, lose a match and we're relegation certainties. No middle ground allowed!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Sep 2012 16:38

your first post and your talking sense??..my god, piss off newbie :D

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 17 Sep 2012 16:40

Mr.T10 I have looked through and all I see is doom and gloom from my fellow Royals. Lets look at it realistically.
Stoke- We were nervous and Reading probably showed more than Stoke but a draw was a good result and a point was deserved. Stoke just drew against the Champions of England so they can't be that bad.
Chelsea- We were very good and for some parts we were out playing Chelsea who are the European champions let me remind you; It only took a bad decision to give Chelsea the lead. Our teams performance was very impressive and showed true heart but these games that is all you can really do.
*25 days later*
Tottenham- A top 6 club at least who outplayed us in every position but did you expect anything more? We were rusty and were playing against a very strong spurs side who will be defiant fighting for 4th spot. If that was Norwich than I would be worried but it wasn't so save your criticism for then if that does happen. *side note* We should have had a penalty at 0-0 so the game would have been completely different if Webb had the balls to give a decision against a top 6 side.

Losing to a top 6 will not be the reason we go down it would be losing to Wigan, Southampton, Norwich, Swansea, West Ham, Villa, Stoke, Sunderland(H), QPR, Fulham (H), WBA(H). We have only played one of these teams and on a different day we would have won against Stoke. Lets see where we stand after 10 games and than we can give a better understanding of our team and where we will finish even then it will be unclear. If we put on a performance against WBA and get the result I am sure all the "doom and gloomers" will be back in the closet. A lot of "if's" and "but's" but it is so early.

In brian we trust!

Agree with your post.

There are way too many doom mongers and knee jerkers about. May I suggest it's not healthy behaviour - for them, or the other people they infect with their negativity. But, on the bright side, there are many realistic and positive posters on HNA, if you look.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 17 Sep 2012 16:43

Have to agree 100%.

Before the first game how many would have realistically predicted that we would have more than 1 point after playing these three teams. Give it a few weeks and see where we are then.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Sep 2012 16:45

Stuboo
Mr.T10 I have looked through and all I see is doom and gloom from my fellow Royals. Lets look at it realistically.
*25 days later*

In brian we trust!

Agree with your post.

There are way too many doom mongers and knee jerkers about. May I suggest it's not healthy behaviour - for them, or the other people they infect with their negativity. But, on the bright side, there are many realistic and positive posters on HNA, if you look.

+1 and there's a lot to be positive about with regards to RFC too. We're in the Premier league, we don't have any debt agencies at our door and the hoops go all the way round. How many times since 1871 can we say that?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Sep 2012 16:45

Alexander Litvinenko Because this is HNA?

Win a match and we're the best team the world has ever seen, lose a match and we're relegation certainties. No middle ground allowed!

:|

About 95% of this board is middle ground.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 17 Sep 2012 16:47

Agreed with the OP - we're not playing any worse (and I'd suggest we're playing a lot better) than we have for the past 3 Septembers. Our season never starts until Christmas, so let's not get gloomy until January!

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 17 Sep 2012 16:54

Agreed. If we go to West Brom playing 4-4-2 with the bonus of Kebe and Roberts back in the squad, we've got every chance of a win and then the outlook is completely different.

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 17 Sep 2012 16:59

UpThePrem Have to agree 100%.

Before the first game how many would have realistically predicted that we would have more than 1 point after playing these three teams. Give it a few weeks and see where we are then.

TBH I thought we'd be on 3 having beaten Stoke at home - that's the sort of game we need to be winning.

Agree that no-one should be too down on us just yet.

John Peel

by John Peel » 17 Sep 2012 17:22

Ah, the RTG response begins. Agree that it's too early of course, but still.

It also didn't help that we had 25 days in between games.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 17 Sep 2012 17:24

Royal Ginger +1 and there's a lot to be positive about with regards to RFC too. We're in the Premier league, we don't have any debt agencies at our door and the hoops go all the way round. How many times since 1871 can we say that?

That's right. And also we've added some quality to our team with the likes of Pogrebnyak and Guthrie, are working to improve our training ground and have the possibility of extending our stadium in future.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 17 Sep 2012 17:27

John Peel Ah, the RTG response begins. Agree that it's too early of course, but still.

What does RTG mean?

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 17 Sep 2012 17:27

Rose Tinted Glasses...

DandyRoyal

by DandyRoyal » 17 Sep 2012 17:36

The only result worthy of disappointment is the draw with Stoke because it was a home game against a bottom half team. Any points off the top 8 should be a bonus and the focus of the squad directed towards good results against the weaker teams.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 17 Sep 2012 17:57

John Peel Ah, the RTG response begins. Agree that it's too early of course, but still.

Wow, someone says something positive about Reading and they are labelled as having rose tinted glasses. Deary me. Hardly fair.

Thanks Libertine for explaining what RTG stands for. Does STG stand for Sh*t Tinted Glasses then? Genuine question.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 17 Sep 2012 18:23

windermere_royal your first post and your talking sense??..my god, piss off newbie :D

hahaha, Only this time I feel I needed to comment on the matter so I never got involved also I lost my old account can't even remember my name or email address. Thanks though :D

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Sep 2012 18:30

RFCSPACE Agreed. If we go to West Brom playing 4-4-2 with the bonus of Kebe and Roberts back in the squad, we've got every chance of a win and then the outlook is completely different.

Except that Jason Roberts has already said he won't be ready this weekend? I still think we have every chance of doing well at the Hawthorns though - we are their bogey team after all.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 17 Sep 2012 18:31

I thought I was fairly realistic. All the "doom" is because we lost to Spurs, did people honestly think we would win? I would have taken a draw especially not playing for 25 days. Performance was not to important either, we were never going to show the same as we did against Chelsea.

My only criticism to show you I am not all "RTG" is we need a new LB in January. Either a loan from a big side wanting their youth squad to get experience or spending on a speedy LB around europe somewhere. I am never impressed with Harte even when we are winning; I do wonder how much is the successful rate of him finding a man with a corner/free kick or scoring with a free kick, I predict it to be very slim. With Shorey, I doubt it if he will come back and show off the form which allowed him to be even considered for England.