Player of the Season - Vote Tabb

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Player of the Season - Vote Tabb

by Royal Ginger » 10 Mar 2013 15:53

HRK needs a mention. Waited very patiently on the bench, and has put in a good shift every time he's been called on. Only bad performance i can think of from him this season is the 1st half at Everton.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 10 Mar 2013 15:55

Pearce, then Le Fondre then Mariappa.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 10 Mar 2013 16:00

P!ssed Off Of our 29 league games so far this season, only 3 players have played more than 22: McAnuff, Leigertwood and Le Fondre. Two of these players can be ruled out for player of the season, for obvious reasons

RACIST.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2013 23:07

Royal Rads
P!ssed Off If, like me, you were disgusted by McDermott's treatment of Tabb and would like to show the Reading team and management that Reading fans actually do reward players for effort, or would just like to protest a sh!t season, then I encourage you to vote for Jay Tabb as Player of the Season like i will be.

You clown, have you not followed the Tabb story at all? Brian wants him to stay, its not his treatment, he loves Tabb and thinks the world of him, its the club that's not rewarding his loyalty and effort by offering a new contract to him, the reason McDermott is sending him on loan is purely to do right by him, give him a chance to impress at another club so he's not left a free agent that no body wants in the summer

If McDermott wants him to stay he should fooking man up and demand he gets a contract. He's the manager, Hammond's there to help him, not to tell him who stays, who goes and who plays.

For me it's McAnuff, Le Fondre, Kelly. Although no one's really been that good. In no particular order. I'd like to acknowledge Pearce or Mariappa, but we've still conceeded far too many goals and whilst they've not a had a lot of help, they've both made a fair few mistakes.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 11 Mar 2013 00:37

Biggest impact signing has been Kelly, however i don't think he's been around enough to win the gong.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Mar 2013 06:15

With the exception of Boris, who will mysteriously be basent from the list, I propose...

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 11 Mar 2013 10:04

I'm torn between

Vote Bryn

and
Vote Blackman

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 11 Mar 2013 10:17

Has to be ALF. Some of his finishes this season have been of the highest order. When he starts he spends most of opening 70 mins feeding off scraps and chasing lost causes so no surprise he doesn't have as much impact.

As for runners up? No one else has really shown anything of substance. If you're giving it for effort, then hey, Tabb is going to be up there :D

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 11 Mar 2013 10:18

I will be voting McAnuff and hoping if he wins he runs into the crowd and knocks out a few of the spaccers that boo him with it

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 11 Mar 2013 11:16

Shorey was our most consistent and best performer until he got injured.

Le Fondre, McCarthy, Federici and Mariappa are the only other contenders for me (and possibly Akpan by the end of the season).

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Mar 2013 11:37

Barry the bird boggler Shorey was our most consistent and best performer until he got injured.

Le Fondre, McCarthy, Federici and Mariappa are the only other contenders for me (and possibly Akpan by the end of the season).

Which makes it even more of a joke that Harte is currently in the team!! How can we expect to stay up playing a clown at left back (as shown this past weekend)]

ALF for POTS

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 11 Mar 2013 11:50

Royal Rads
P!ssed Off If, like me, you were disgusted by McDermott's treatment of Tabb and would like to show the Reading team and management that Reading fans actually do reward players for effort, or would just like to protest a sh!t season, then I encourage you to vote for Jay Tabb as Player of the Season like i will be.

You clown, have you not followed the Tabb story at all? Brian wants him to stay, its not his treatment, he loves Tabb and thinks the world of him, its the club that's not rewarding his loyalty and effort by offering a new contract to him, the reason McDermott is sending him on loan is purely to do right by him, give him a chance to impress at another club so he's not left a free agent that no body wants in the summer

Surely it's the manager who decides which players he wants to offer a contract to and which ones he wants to let go? Obviously McDermott won't do the actual paperwork/financial negiations but we're not Chelsea here. If McDermott wanted Tabb to get a 1 year extension then Tabb would have been offered that.

That said, I don't think we've treated him that badly. McDermott obviously decided it was probably time to move on, but Tabb hasn't exactly been kicked out of the club - he was named in the 25 man squad and I can understand McDermott wanting to give him the chance to play regular football on loan/impress another club ahead of the new season.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 11 Mar 2013 13:33

loyalroyal4life
Barry the bird boggler Shorey was our most consistent and best performer until he got injured.

Which makes it even more of a joke that Harte is currently in the team!! How can we expect to stay up playing a clown at left back (as shown this past weekend)]

ALF for POTS

Well I suppose he was good for the last few minutes of a few games for a few weeks!