RFC - Thank You To The Season Ticket Holders

Thou Voice

RFC - Thank You To The Season Ticket Holders

by Thou Voice » 02 Sep 2013 18:37

Our fantastic club must indeed must be thanking all of us season ticket holders...

...oh yes.

We have invested in the club, brought the pjs and turned up on match days all last season to offer training sessions for the English Premiership clubs ( to be renamed English and Welsh Village Premiership ).

But yes, The Emperor has gone and Russian billions would SAVE US ALL.

In this transfer window at least we have offloaded our good players to Crystal Pants, the same way that we allowed Dogs to take Doyle and co... ( the only blessing that Stephen Hunt maybe returning as he likes a local Reading hair dresser ).

So yes, RFC thanks you for buying the tickets ONCE more to allow us to struggle.

When will weeeeeeee ever learn ?

Do You See? :shock:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RFC - Thank You To The Season Ticket Holders

by Mr Optimist » 02 Sep 2013 19:04

155 views and no comments...I will give the sad sack a sympathy post.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 02 Sep 2013 19:11

Mr Optimist 155 views and no comments...I will give the sad sack a sympathy post.

Because I quote REAL UNBEATABLE FACTS!!!!

Do You See? :shock:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Sep 2013 19:18

Why do you revel in spouting miserable sh1t?

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 02 Sep 2013 19:27

Thou Voice We have invested in the club, brought the pjs and turned up on match days all last season

Why would you bring pjs to a football match? Were you really that bored last season?

Perhaps you meant bought instead of brought? An easy mistake to make...

....Do You See? :shock:

Sweet FA

by Sweet FA » 02 Sep 2013 19:28

To be fair he has a point here. We were urged to renew amidst a wave of positivity and talk of 7 signings, a record goal tally and swashbuckling football. Here we are, with under 4 hours of the window to go, having made 3 signings (4 including Pearce but that doesn't really count) and having sold a fans favourite and arguably our best CB.

Something doesn't add up.

Icke

by Icke » 02 Sep 2013 19:37

The something that doesn`t add up is the bank account of Anton. He is skint, you heard it here firstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

DO YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Sep 2013 20:35

Silly money flying around at the moment.

Anton is is the son of Sir John "keep my hands in pockets" Madejski.

Reckon there's a few loan signings in the offing. Once the big boys squads are settled.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Sep 2013 20:55

I don't understand the fuss. It's the same every year where the media turn normally rational football supporters into raving lunatics desperate to hear who is signing for their club. When was the last time Reading went out and bought 2 or 3 players in the last 24 hours of a transfer window?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 02 Sep 2013 20:57

I find TV's optimism humbling

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 02 Sep 2013 20:59

Terminal Boardom I don't understand the fuss. It's the same every year where the media turn normally rational football supporters into raving lunatics desperate to hear who is signing for their club. When was the last time Reading went out and bought 2 or 3 players in the last 24 hours of a transfer window?

Agreed, apart from the ”normally rational" bit.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Sep 2013 21:33

I don't know about you, t.v., but I buy a season ticket because I want to go to every game, not because somebody has promised we'll be great and sign loads of players.

If you did the opposite then it's you that's the mug, not everyone else.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 02 Sep 2013 22:31

Terminal Boardom I don't understand the fuss. It's the same every year where the media turn normally rational football supporters into raving lunatics desperate to hear who is signing for their club. When was the last time Reading went out and bought 2 or 3 players in the last 24 hours of a transfer window?

Never

But we always sell and the money disappears.That's the Reading way :roll:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Sep 2013 23:56

Tamworth_Royal

Williams, Bridge and Drenthe have all added quality to the squad.

Crystal Palace may well perform like QPR last season. Players take time time to bond into a team. 14 signings smacks of desperation.

Quality over quantity.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 03 Sep 2013 00:05

Yea it's really showing so far this season isn't it. What happened to the three signings Adkins wanted.........oh yea we sold Kebe and Marriappa brilliant :roll:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 03 Sep 2013 00:11

Tamworth_Royal Yea it's really showing so far this season isn't it. What happened to the three signings Adkins wanted.........oh yea we sold Kebe and Marriappa brilliant :roll:

Addition by subtraction maybe. We didn't bring anyone in but we moved two players out, so we made moves as this window closed. Is that the logic I should be using?

yuomi

by yuomi » 03 Sep 2013 00:18

Sell Mariappa, don't replace him..surely this moves Gorkss one step closer to a regular starting place?

That is the most depressing thing i've heard all day...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Sep 2013 09:40

Lower West
Tamworth_Royal

Williams, Bridge and Drenthe have all added quality to the squad.

Crystal Palace may well perform like QPR last season. Players take time time to bond into a team. 14 signings smacks of desperation.

Quality over quantity.

Didn't we spend a total of £700,000 on those 3 signings?

Has the rest of the money gone on everyone's wages? :| We MUST have made a few million in the last couple of years on TV rights etc etc

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 03 Sep 2013 09:55

Just because we have only spent £700,000 on an 'actual' transfer fee to another club doesn't mean we haven't spent any money! :roll:

Players signed on free transfer are likely to be given a lump sum upfront and then there is the wages to consider...oh and it wouldn't surprise me if we will give the likes of Pog, Guthrie, Drenthe & Bridge some kind of final settlement amount when they reach the end of their contracts...how else would such a 'small' club attract such players...Could also explain why the Pog is in no rush to move anywhere soon!

I agree with most that our current squad simply isn't good enough, however I am glad we don't have 'arry managing us and driving around on deadline day getting players signing contracts through car windows etc...QPR still seem to have that same philosophy as last year...in fact it's the same old 'arry...buy up loads of players and hope it works...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Sep 2013 10:13

Turns8 Just because we have only spent £700,000 on an 'actual' transfer fee to another club doesn't mean we haven't spent any money! :roll:

Players signed on free transfer are likely to be given a lump sum upfront and then there is the wages to consider...oh and it wouldn't surprise me if we will give the likes of Pog, Guthrie, Drenthe & Bridge some kind of final settlement amount when they reach the end of their contracts...how else would such a 'small' club attract such players...Could also explain why the Pog is in no rush to move anywhere soon!

I agree with most that our current squad simply isn't good enough, however I am glad we don't have 'arry managing us and driving around on deadline day getting players signing contracts through car windows etc...QPR still seem to have that same philosophy as last year...in fact it's the same old 'arry...buy up loads of players and hope it works...

Yes, I'm aware of wages! Clearly, we need more players - clearly we have had money in from selling players, etc, and clearly AZ isn't prepared to put his hand in his pocket and buy the players we need. So why bother pretending that we were going to be a force to be reckoned with? That's the main problem.