Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

355 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

by SPARTA » 01 Jan 2014 18:10

Interesting interview with BBCRB, hopefully will be online soon.

To sum it up:

I'm paid to play football and I'm not doing that.
I haven't played for two months.
Everyone's had a go up front except me.
If an offer comes in I would have to look at it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jan 2014 18:16

Couldn't get a start under McDermott, can't get a start under Adkins. Good player to have on the bench, but just doesn't have enough about him to start. Bye then.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jan 2014 18:16

No idea why NA doesn't bring him on, other than the fact that Sharp is now his little favourite. :cry:

I suppose maybe the money we get for ALF might buy us a left back or a centre back.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 18:23

Pepe the Horseman Couldn't get a start under McDermott, can't get a start under Adkins. Good player to have on the bench, but just doesn't have enough about him to start. Bye then.

Harsh but fair. He did nothing today apart from get booked.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Jan 2014 18:28

Lucky he's not our top scorer

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Jan 2014 18:29

He won't be by the end of the season....

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 18:30

Adkins didn't seem remotely bothered about Alf's interview with Dellor. His response was "Well he needs to ask himself why he isn't getting more game time".

I will be surprised if he doesn't leave now TBH.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Jan 2014 18:31

That's the same response he gave when Akpan complained about game time tbf

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Jan 2014 18:34

Would rather keep Le Fondre than Sharp tbh.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2014 18:36

LoyalRoyalFan Would rather keep Le Fondre than Sharp tbh.
fair comment, but why?

Room for both? Pog goes injured...then what?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Jan 2014 18:40

Barry the bird boggler He won't be by the end of the season....

Surely we have to start having a shot on target to score goals..........

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Jan 2014 18:44

AthleticoSpizz
LoyalRoyalFan Would rather keep Le Fondre than Sharp tbh.
fair comment, but why?

Room for both? Pog goes injured...then what?

Both would be the ideal option, but I think with the current financial situation it will be one or the other. I just feel that Le Fondre could pop up with a goal at any time, and his record is impressive. Haven't been overly impressed with Sharp as of yet.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jan 2014 19:01

Sharp offers far more in terms of overall performance and contribution to the team than ALF and that was shown again in today's game. Look at the way that Sharp holds the ball up and brings other players into the game. Similar size to ALF but much stronger on the ball. IMO he also makes more intelligent runs and I reckon he is slightly quicker too.

Telling response from Adkins, particularly when Charles Watts reveals that Le Fondre had told him that he had been expecting new deal since last February. Could it be that ALF has been letting that get to him?

To top it all Le Fondre then comes out with the classic 'I've got a young family to provide for'! (SPARTA you forgot that very important point in your summary) Didn't realise that we didn't pay our players if they weren't on the pitch - poor old Jason Roberts must be absolutely broke.

As someone pointed out on twitter, ALF goes out of his way to avoid giving interviews then the moment the window is open, there he' is in front of his biggest fan, Tim Dellor.

The guy clearly wants out so let's get what we can for him and sign Sharp + ANOther.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:06

RoyalBlue Sharp offers far more in terms of overall performance and contribution to the team than ALF and that was shown again in today's game. Look at the way that Sharp holds the ball up and brings other players into the game. Similar size to ALF but much stronger on the ball. IMO he also makes more intelligent runs and I reckon he is slightly quicker too.

Telling response from Adkins, particularly when Charles Watts reveals that Le Fondre had told him that he had been expecting new deal since last February. Could it be that ALF has been letting that get to him?

To top it all Le Fondre then comes out with the classic 'I've got a young family to provide for'! Didn't realise that we didn't pay our players if they weren't on the pitch - poor old Jason Roberts must be absolutely broke.

As someone pointed out on twitter, ALF goes out of his way to avoid giving interviews then the moment the window is open, there he' is in front of his biggest fan, Tim Dellor.

The guy clearly wants out so let's get what we can for him and sign Sharp + ANOther.

What the hell are you smoking and can I have some? Sharp looks like LeFondre, just without the pace, movement, ability to read a pass, or desire to score a goal.

Alf has a 1-in-2 ratio when starting. Adkins can do one and don't blame Alf for wanting to walk away.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:08

RoyalBlue Sharp offers far more in terms of overall performance and contribution to the team than ALF and that was shown again in today's game. Look at the way that Sharp holds the ball up and brings other players into the game. Similar size to ALF but much stronger on the ball. IMO he also makes more intelligent runs and I reckon he is slightly quicker too.

To top it all Le Fondre then comes out with the classic 'I've got a young family to provide for'! (SPARTA you forgot that very important point in your summary) Didn't realise that we didn't pay our players if they weren't on the pitch - poor old Jason Roberts must be absolutely broke.

LOL I noticed the comment about his family. WTF has that got to do with anything?! Or perhaps Reading have signed lots of players on pay as you play deals & are cleverer than we give them credit for. :lol:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 01 Jan 2014 19:12

This ^

Also is it me or has the Pog started to get a bit lazy again? Would be good to get someone in who actually bothers to jump for headers...

It's a shame but it's the same story as last year, we're just too poor to carry Alf for a full 90 minutes. It would be different if we were creating a lot of chances and needed someone to put them away but sadly we're incapable of that.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:15

Do we have things like goal/win bonuses anymore? Or is he due some sort of increase dependent on starts? Dunno

But if your manager wanted you out, of course you'd think about your long term future and what's good for you and your family. You be a div not to.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jan 2014 19:15

John Madejski's Wallet

To top it all Le Fondre then comes out with the classic 'I've got a young family to provide for'! Didn't realise that we didn't pay our players if they weren't on the pitch - poor old Jason Roberts must be absolutely broke.

What the hell are you smoking and can I have some? Sharp looks like LeFondre, just without the pace, movement, ability to read a pass, or desire to score a goal.

Alf has a 1-in-2 ratio when starting. Adkins can do one and don't blame Alf for wanting to walk away.

John Madejski's Wallet Do we have things like goal/win bonuses anymore? Or is he due some sort of increase dependent on starts? Dunno

I'm sure that they do but regardless of that poor old ALF is still minted.

Are you Tim Dellor? Take your blinkers off and watch the two players again. Your description of Sharp is quite unbelievable. The great thing about today was that Saint ALF got brought on with plenty of the game left and contributed bugger all. Some of his fan club were celebrating the fact that he had shown Adkins to be a pratt by scoring at the death, only to look suitably sheepish when they realised it was Kelly.

As for his ratio, that is based on him starting in a team that was creating chances. If that's not happening he has relatively little to offer compared to other options (not necessarily Sharp) that are available.

ALF has now shown that he is way too much up himself. He wants away and is clearly sulking, whereas it would appear that Sharp wants to stay so best thing is to give both their wish.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 01 Jan 2014 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jan 2014 19:15

Another player said that once, can't remember who it was now - but it certainly wound me up. Yeah he has a family to provide for - he's currently on at least £20k a WEEK I reckon - greedy barsteward. Just shows it's all about the money - there's no pride in playing for a team anymore, just whoever pays the most. Give the youngsters a chance if needs be - at least they'd be happy to play for the team and you might get a bit more team spirit instead of people throwing wobblies or whatever because they haven't been given a new deal yet. Rant over. :oops:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 01 Jan 2014 19:18

RoyalBlue As for his ratio, that is based on him starting in a team that was creating chances.

Ah the grand old days...

355 posts