Tim Dellors Commentary

194 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Jan 2014 18:25

Hot off the press & straight from the horses' mouth - Adkins has accused Dellor of starting a campaign to get him out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2014 21:18

Yeah, heard that one.

Nige (being so wide of the mark with his comment to TD today) is starting to sound like a desperate man who obviously is starting to feel the burden of everybody supposedly pointing the finger at him....and that is a real real shame.

Irregardless of the recent results, he has gone down a click or two in my estimation for this alone.

RfcJ

by RfcJ » 04 Jan 2014 23:48

Dellors a oxf*rd, clueless tit

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 07:29

RfcJ Dellors a oxf*rd, clueless tit

Clueless?

I think you're deluded.

How can anyone not like him. He's passionate about Reading, he DOES KNOW a lot about the team and recent history and his commentary is good*

*in terms of good - what previous alternatives and current alternatives are there? He is personable and says more than what is actually happening on the pitch (often not much). If you don't like that

I don't always agree with what he says but he has opinions and I like that.

Cypry

by Cypry » 05 Jan 2014 08:27

bobby1413
RfcJ Dellors a oxf*rd, clueless tit

Clueless?

I think you're deluded.

How can anyone not like him. He's passionate about Reading, he DOES KNOW a lot about the team and recent history and his commentary is good*

*in terms of good - what previous alternatives and current alternatives are there? He is personable and says more than what is actually happening on the pitch (often not much). If you don't like that

I don't always agree with what he says but he has opinions and I like that.

Yes,clueless - he's spent the last few games ('boro game stands out particularly) banging on about how Blackman (playing right wing) is above ALF in the pecking order, when anyone can see that is utter rubbish.

Only bright spot of yesterday was that I was at the game with my lad so I didn't have to listen to Dim Tims ill informed and clueless ranting...however, I'm told by a pal that at one point he was having a rant about why Hector wasn't playing.....erm, Tim, that could be because he's not available until the game next week......

Finally when Adkins made that comment about him campaigning to get him out, the tosser didn't even have the balls to stand by his views and instead gave the complete bullshit line that he's been supporting Adkins all along - anyone who's listened to any commentary since Tim's best mate Brian was fired will know that "nice but dim" has had the knives out for Adkins since he joined the club last year.....I

I do wonder if the outcome of the Rodgers situation has gone to Dellors head......

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Jan 2014 08:39

1. on recent games Blackman is above Le Fondre

2. No he didn't, in fact I recall him pointing out to Adie that Hector was still on loan until today

3. He hasn't been campaigning to get him out, yes he's had a go about the dreadful performances and some of the unfathomable substitutions and team selections, as he should do as it's his job to be a journalist and not just sit there and be anodyne. On numerous occasions he has said it would be a stupid thing to do to get rid of Adkins

Overall he is not perfect but he cares and he also is in a position where he will sometimes speak very plainly and take a "stupid" or "extreme" point of view to get the listeners to bite....

RfcJ

by RfcJ » 05 Jan 2014 11:15

Adkins in, Dellor out

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 13:26

RfcJ RfcJ out, RfcJ out

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2014 18:04

Barry the bird boggler 1. on recent games Blackman is above Le Fondre

2. No he didn't, in fact I recall him pointing out to Adie that Hector was still on loan until today

3. He hasn't been campaigning to get him out, yes he's had a go about the dreadful performances and some of the unfathomable substitutions and team selections, as he should do as it's his job to be a journalist and not just sit there and be anodyne. On numerous occasions he has said it would be a stupid thing to do to get rid of Adkins

Overall he is not perfect but he cares and he also is in a position where he will sometimes speak very plainly and take a "stupid" or "extreme" point of view to get the listeners to bite....
Whoopsie Cypry

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2014 19:01

I have to say, decent chap though he is, I did find my respectometer twitching downwards when he repeatedly spat out the phrases "disgusting performance" and "worst display I've ever seen" during the Boro game.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 05 Jan 2014 19:07

Whats he meant to say then.

He doesn't report for the North Korean propaganda news channel you know.
Some people just hate hearing the truth.

Cypry

by Cypry » 05 Jan 2014 19:19

AthleticoSpizz
Barry the bird boggler 1. on recent games Blackman is above Le Fondre

Whoopsie Cypry

On #2 perhaps, just what I was told he said.

#1 during the 'boro game, Dellor was moaning about Blackman being brought on because ALF is our top scorer and Blackman isn't as good a striking option - the fact that Blackman at the time was being brought on to replace McLeary (I think? First game back from illness?) on the wing seemed to pass him by completely....Sharp and Pog have been ahead of ALF, Blackman hasn't as they're being used in different positions.

#3 as far as Dellor being "supportive", to my ears he's been little short of venomous in his criticism of Adkins, and this goes right back to the games late last season.

Guess different people hear different things....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2014 19:44

Indeed they do

#3 Late last season....different season..different division...and yes, the MaccyD scars were still wide open.

As I have already alluded to elsewhere..I am very much a Nige fan

But yesterday's snipe at TD sounded like the beginning of the last throes of a dying man.

Totally unnecessary, but fwiw..NA did kind've apologise to him straight away afterwards

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 06 Jan 2014 19:52

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25608702
Have tried to listen to Adkins' Brendan moment here but for some reason it's coming out sped up, so that our manager sounds more like our DoF! All I can make out is a squeeky pitched reference to "passing football" so presumably it's actually the wrong interview as it can't be referring to Reading... Anyone else have the same problem?

194 posts