Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 155
teignmouth hoops

What is the point in HRK

by teignmouth hoops » 09 Mar 2015 13:03

On Saturday Hal was the only player to not put in a shift, everyone else worked their arses off. I know he's scored a couple in this cup run but the last three home games and the Bradford game he has been completely anonymous, especially when we have the likes of Mcleary and Cox and even Blackman on the bench. He strolls round pointing for other players to cover or mark but rarely does it himself, he's a luxury we can ill afford at the moment

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What is the point in HRK

by floyd__streete » 09 Mar 2015 13:06

He's a moderate plodder. But he's still better than Blackman.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2015 13:22

I thought he did put a shift in. He just didn't affect much going forward. We seemed to have more joy down the right and focused there. Hal probably should have stucke left more, but it was him overloading the right that led to Mackie's cross and Pog to hit the post.

I wouldn't expect a player not putting in a dhift to turn up on the other side of the pitch.

He obviously isn't performing well enough for our only left winger though

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Mar 2015 13:32

He's about as useful as a punctured condom.

Never been a fan and kept looking forward to the day he will come good, but that day hasn't happened and it never will. The sooner RFC acknowledge this the better it will be for everyone.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 09 Mar 2015 13:37

Ian Royal I thought he did put a shift in. He just didn't affect much going forward. We seemed to have more joy down the right and focused there. Hal probably should have stucke left more, but it was him overloading the right that led to Mackie's cross and Pog to hit the post.

I wouldn't expect a player not putting in a dhift to turn up on the other side of the pitch.

Unless he was out of position which he frequently is. He was by far and away the worst player on show on Saturday. He's never been up for a blood and guts type of game since I have seen him play. For a big lad seems to bottle most 50/50's

His biggest problem seems to be that he thinks he is so much better than he is. He believed all the hype his agent was spouting when renewing his contract. One positive is that he used to try and showboat until he did a step over at the start of the season (can't remember who against and walked straight into the opposition defender.

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 09 Mar 2015 13:49

Haag Royal
Ian Royal I thought he did put a shift in. He just didn't affect much going forward. We seemed to have more joy down the right and focused there. Hal probably should have stucke left more, but it was him overloading the right that led to Mackie's cross and Pog to hit the post.

Unless he was out of position which he frequently is. He was by far and away the worst player on show on Saturday. He's never been up for a blood and guts type of game since I have seen him play. For a big lad seems to bottle most 50/50's

His biggest problem seems to be that he thinks he is so much better than he is. He believed all the hype his agent was spouting when renewing his contract. One positive is that he used to try and showboat until he did a step over at the start of the season (can't remember who against and walked straight into the opposition defender.

Isn't his agent his brother

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 09 Mar 2015 14:09

He looked like a player who didn't want to be out there.

Someone who will obviously berate the state of the pitch to hide his shortcomings.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Mar 2015 14:18

He is not too keen on a tackle so not really the best game for him.
He is able to shrug off would be tacklers but didn't do much of that either
I don't think the pitch helped

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2015 15:20

Not saying he was any good, just think there's better criticism than didn't try hard.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Mar 2015 15:38

HRK is probably my least favourite player at the club purely because we have seen what he can do at the tail-end of the Prem season and he hasn't come close to recreating that form.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 09 Mar 2015 16:08

Ian Royal Not saying he was any good, just think there's better criticism than didn't try hard.

+1

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 09 Mar 2015 16:13

When he plays as a striker, he looks like a winger up front, and when he plays as a winger he looks like a striker on the wing. He's just a little bit useless nowadays! he's lost his pace, his vision and pretty much everything!

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 10 Mar 2015 23:14

Consistently the worst performer for us since Paul Brooker.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 11 Mar 2015 12:16

The point of HRK is to devastate defences with his powerful, incisive runs through bewildered defensive lines resulting in either pin-point crosses onto the waiting head of a grateful striker or a drop of the shoulder and a thunderbastard strike past a flapping, helpless goalkeeper. The reality of HRK varies only one key respect -- of all of the above.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 11 Mar 2015 12:40

He's the guy people love to criticise on here at the moment so every negative thing he does will be magnified. That's what happens with a scapegoat.
Last edited by WestRoyal on 11 Mar 2015 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 11 Mar 2015 12:44

There's a significant difference between a scapegoat and somebody who is genuinely appalling at their job.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Mar 2015 12:48

Much to be applauded about the way the game was old school, with no players rolling about on the floor and simul8ing. All except Hal, who did a dive on the far side of the pitch.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 11 Mar 2015 12:52

Chance after chance , flatters to deceive obviously has some talent but no consistency. When's his contract up? Time to say thanks but no thanks .

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 11 Mar 2015 12:55

Colin Cheeselog There's a significant difference between a scapegoat and somebody who is genuinely appalling at their job.

You can't be appalling at the same job which you were decent at not long before not to mention in a higher league
There has to be something fundamentally wrong with him, confidence, injury I'm not sure.
But you don't turn into a bad player just like that especially if he is showing it in flashes i.e. the FA cup before the Bradford game

I think the title of this thread is harsh especially after seeing him score and assist the yaks goal v Derby to get us to the next round but it doesn't surprise me as its a forum and people like to go over the top on them
Last edited by WestRoyal on 11 Mar 2015 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Mar 2015 12:57

HRK played ok last night. Blazed a decent opening hopelessly high and wide. Otherwise - albeit mainly in the secind half - he got his head down, ran at people and created space for others and won a couple of freekicks.

In terms of our current squad, HRK is easily one of best XI. Infer what you wish from that statement.

881 posts