FAO Federici

172 posts
Lacoste

FAO Federici

by Lacoste » 18 Apr 2015 21:43

We don't blame you. These things happen. You played well. Chin up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: FAO Federici

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2015 21:45

I'm more upset he didn't come to the fans after the match (that i saw). But i have no intention of giving him stick. He got unlucky.
Shit happens.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 18 Apr 2015 21:47

+1

These things happen and this aside he was immense.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 Apr 2015 21:51

Lacoste We don't blame you. These things happen. You played well. Chin up.

Not what I expected to see from a Lacoste post, but yeah +1

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Apr 2015 22:15

jd82

Plus one for both posts

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 Apr 2015 22:21

Ian Royal I'm more upset he didn't come to the fans after the match (that i saw). But i have no intention of giving him stick. He got unlucky.
Shit happens.

Apparently he walked off the pitch in tears. These things happen, typical Reading that his one cock up all season happened when it did.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Apr 2015 22:22

Ian Royal I'm more upset he didn't come to the fans after the match (that i saw). But i have no intention of giving him stick. He got unlucky.
Shit happens.

You and others would probably have slagged him off for not caring enough about his mistake had he come over. Shit happens bit it doesn't make it any easier to take in a situation like that. He was absolutely gutted, clearly felt he had let everyone down, and I don't blame him for wanting to get off ASAP

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 18 Apr 2015 22:26

RoyalBlue
Shit happens.

You and others would probably have slagged him off for not caring enough about his mistake had he come over. Shit happens bit it doesn't make it any easier to take in a situation like that. He was absolutely gutted, clearly felt he had let everyone down, and I don't blame him for wanting to get off ASAP

He visably blamed himself for the first goal as well.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 18 Apr 2015 22:28

jd82

Yeah, me too, Monkeys and Shakespeare nand all that.

Thought Reading fans were immense today. My back hurts from standing and singing for two hours...where can I see a replay before tomorrow?

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 18 Apr 2015 22:36

leon
jd82

Plus one for both posts

Plus one for all three of these posts.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Apr 2015 22:36

exileinleeds Thought Reading fans were immense today. My back hurts from standing and singing for two hours...where can I see a replay before tomorrow?

BBC IPlayer

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 18 Apr 2015 22:39

+ 1 from me too, without it could have been a whitewash. Cheers Feds :D

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 19 Apr 2015 05:04

Since his come and get me season Adam has been immense for Reading, knowing that he will see this i say one thing, Reading and the fans have stood by you Adam, now stand with us. Sign a new contract in the summer, don't take a silly offer and end up up sat on the bench elsewhere. Help us get back to the Prem.

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 19 Apr 2015 06:03

Yep +1 . No worries Federici, you've been good for us for so long, we forgive you 100%

Regular John

by Regular John » 19 Apr 2015 09:05

Still my player of the season.

Unfortunately sometimes shit happens.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2015 09:16

RoyalBlue
Shit happens.

I haven't slagged him off at all.

I thought the tone of the post would make it clear I'm not at all upset about the goal and so only mildly upset he didn't feel able to come over at the end. And that's not a criticism of him, he deserved to see us clap him for an otherwise top performance.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 19 Apr 2015 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Apr 2015 09:19

+1 to pretty much everything in this thread. Several excellent saves yesterday that kept us in it.
Harpers So Solid Crew knowing that he will see this

Not sure about that...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Apr 2015 09:32

He's been excellent all season. Definitely not to blame. But then again as fans it shows our class over the likes of Arsenal. They wanted they're keepers head on a platter by the sounds of it, they blamed him for our goal yet that took an awkward deflection.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Support for Feds

by Snowball » 19 Apr 2015 09:38

SZCZESNY ON FEDERICI AND SEMI-FINAL WIN
Wojciech Szczesny faced the media after Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final win against Reading. You can read a full transcript of his interview below:

on Federici…

He can be very proud. It only went to extra-time because the goalkeeper was magnificent. We’re very happy to go through but personally I do feel for the goalkeeper.

on Federici being distraught…

It’s a difficult moment for him. He was the best player on the pitch and in his dreams last night he was probably hoping he would get them through to the final. He did everything to do so but got very unlucky in extra-time. It was a really good performance from him and he’s shown what a good keeper he is.

on whether he felt it would be a similar afternoon to Wigan…

You know what to expect when you play Championship sides. They’re very solid defensively, they’re not scared to put their foot or head in and they defend very well. Today they did that with a great performance by their goalkeeper. It was a difficult game but we just got over the line.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... 8CTAI8i.99

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Support for Feds

by Snowball » 19 Apr 2015 09:41

Adam Federici: Reading keeper praised despite FA Cup error

BBC Sport at Wembley Stadium

Adam Federici's Wembley calamity contrasts his brilliant league season, says Reading boss Steve Clarke.
The keeper fumbled Alexis Sanchez's tame shot in extra time, as Arsenal made the FA Cup final with a 2-1 win.

"His performances in the Championship have been crucial to this club. We stick by him. We don't lose because of him. We lose as a team and we win as a team," Clarke told BBC Sport.

"This is the life of a keeper and Adam Federici is a top goalkeeper."

"We will support him, we all understand his worth to the club, no worries on that."

Clarke's side are seven points above the Championship relegation zone with four games to play but pushed Arsenal, equalising to force extra-time, before Federici played his part in the dramatic winner.

"He's been our best player this season. If it wasn't for him we'd be in the bottom three," striker Jamie Mackie told BBC Sport.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger added: "I will tell Federici he has saved his team on many, many occasions. I don't think he should be ashamed of his performance, he played very, very well."

172 posts