Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
yappy

Re: Summer Rebuild

by yappy » 07 May 2015 20:38

As in Keiren Westwood? Didn't think he was at Coventry anymore, but definitely a keeper I rate.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 May 2015 21:03

Always rated Myhill. Imagine he's out of our reach though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 May 2015 21:07

linkenholtroyal Liam Rosenoir 30
Jon Flanagan 22
Ross Wallace 29
Owen Garvan 27
Bobby Zamora 33
James Wilson 19
That's my shopping list Steve Clarke make it happen, reckon we could get all 6 of them for under 60k per week its a lonely world with no club at the end of the season. I would love to see Rosenoir in a reading shirt again to a top left back a position were lacking and if we keep Kelly, a selection of full backs with Gunter, Rosenoir, Kelly and Obita to choose from is very strong a good mix of youth and experience

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3062507/Jon-Flanagan-faces-nine-months-knee-surgery-following-setback-Liverpool-training.html

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 May 2015 21:38

Jon Flanagan 22
Ross Wallace 29
Owen Garvan 27
Bobby Zamora 33
James Wilson 19
That's my shopping list Steve Clarke make it happen, reckon we could get all 6 of them for under 60k per week its a lonely world with no club at the end of the season. I would love to see Rosenoir in a reading shirt again to a top left back a position were lacking and if we keep Kelly, a selection of full backs with Gunter, Rosenoir, Kelly and Obita to choose from is very strong a good mix of youth and experience

Rosenior is a right back.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 May 2015 21:55

holsgrove breaks a leg Yacob would be a very good signing from WBA, Mulumbu even more so but doubt he would come here and not convinced his contact is up 2015- both would add a class improvement in midfield. Myhill isn't a bad shout if Feds goes as is Tremmel from Swansea. If we can get rid of Ferdinand, Delany or Hangeland would be good experienced CB options without recent injury problems. Not much id be that bothered with re attacking options.

Yacob? Mulumbu? What have you been smoking?

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 07 May 2015 22:33

Pepe the Horseman
Jon Flanagan 22
Ross Wallace 29
Owen Garvan 27
Bobby Zamora 33
James Wilson 19

Rosenior is a right back.

He can also oxf*rd right off. One of my least favourite players ever to wear a Reading shirt, constantly waving his arms and blaming others instead of concentrating on his own game.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 May 2015 10:24

When will club announce who will be released etc.? Thought this happens normally quite soon .... or is club waiting to do this after agreeing contracts etc.?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 May 2015 12:49

Normally happens within 2 weeks of the last game for most clubs.

We are't releasing Karacan, Pearce and Federici so they won't be waiting for those positions to be clarified and they could even drag on into next season.

So far only Ryan Edwards is definitely confirmed as released although the likes of Guthrie, Travner and Yakubu are all expected to be nailed on certs for release.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 May 2015 15:25

Sutekh Normally happens within 2 weeks of the last game for most clubs.

We are't releasing Karacan, Pearce and Federici so they won't be waiting for those positions to be clarified and they could even drag on into next season.

So far only Ryan Edwards is definitely confirmed as released although the likes of Guthrie, Travner and Yakubu are all expected to be nailed on certs for release.

Thanks - when do their contracts 'officially' end? Is it on the date of the play-off final or the end of the month?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 May 2015 15:37

Royalwaster

Thanks - when do their contracts 'officially' end? Is it on the date of the play-off final or the end of the month?

End of the month. Not sure whether that month is May or June.

The playoff final would make no sense because contracts are signed to expire years in the future.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 May 2015 15:43

I guess players can be 'released' before that though - they still get paid, but it means they can find another club in the meantime ... !?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 May 2015 15:44

SCIAG
Royalwaster

End of the month. Not sure whether that month is May or June.

The playoff final would make no sense because contracts are signed to expire years in the future.

Player contracts run to 30 June

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 08 May 2015 19:42

Does anyone know if we have a percentage of the sale on le fondre ??

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 May 2015 22:27

It wouldn't make much sense, we sold him at his peak and it was unlikely he'd move for big money again. We should have focused on getting a bigger fee up front, because you can't pay the tax man in sell-on fees.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 08 May 2015 23:57

It's between Wimbledon FC, reading and Middlesborough who get the Cream of the Chelsea Youth with Wimbledon
Being the preferred Club considering the amount of players they had this season and seems the place to be if you
Are a half decent youth player going on loan. SC won't have a lot of money to spend so I'm guessing he is stuck with what he's got and will still have to utilise his existing squad with loanees, that means less likely our youth players will get much time on the pitch and will unfortunately have to go on loan to further there education. His other outlet would be free agents on pay as you play basis which might help him.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 May 2015 08:05

mambo3 I'm guessing he is stuck with what he's got and will still have to utilise his existing squad with loanees, that means less likely our youth players will get much time on the pitch....

I'm struggling to follow the logic in this.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 09 May 2015 10:24

Royal Rother
mambo3 I'm guessing he is stuck with what he's got and will still have to utilise his existing squad with loanees, that means less likely our youth players will get much time on the pitch....

We haven't got a pot to piss in. no summer rebuild. Most players that the club want to get rid of, still here for New Season.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 09 May 2015 10:27

mambo3
Royal Rother

We haven't got a pot to piss in. no summer rebuild. Most players that the club want to get rid of, still here for New Season.

But why does this mean that the younger players will get less opportunities to play?

mambo3

by mambo3 » 09 May 2015 13:41

I'm struggling to follow the logic in this.[/quote]

We haven't got a pot to piss in. no summer rebuild. Most players that the club want to get rid of, still here for New Season.[/quote]
But why does this mean that the younger players will get less opportunities to play?[/quote]

ST has made a statement that what happened this season won't happen again. Put himself under pressure now, obviously rates
Chelseas younger players to ours. Will field a side with Loans and established players so where do you fit in the others?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 09 May 2015 14:17

mambo3 I'm struggling to follow the logic in this.

We haven't got a pot to piss in. no summer rebuild. Most players that the club want to get rid of, still here for New Season.[/quote]
But why does this mean that the younger players will get less opportunities to play?[/quote]

ST has made a statement that what happened this season won't happen again. Put himself under pressure now, obviously rates
Chelseas younger players to ours. Will field a side with Loans and established players so where do you fit in the others?[/quote]

Who is ST?

1897 posts