One Hundred and Six

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

One Hundred and Six

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2015 13:43

Reading OS announces a new publication....

Opus unveiled to mark 10th anniversary of a very special season

Ten years ago, Reading Football Club were preparing for what was to be the greatest season in its history.

106 points, 99 goals scored, only 32 conceded – a club transformed, Reading revelled in a record-breaking title-winning campaign that bettered all before it in Football League history and is yet to be matched since!

To mark the tenth anniversary of a quite magnificent 2005-6 season, the club are in the process of putting together a totally unique, deluxe and entirely exclusive commemorative opus, which we envisage will help to honour a legacy left by that season’s unforgettable achievement. ‘One hundred and six’ will be the publication which that remarkable season deserves.

Inside will be the season’s secrets. The players’ voices will openly tell the story of 2005-6 in detail never before revealed and hours and hours of discussion with then manager Steve Coppell has already unlocked key elements from that fairytale campaign that have until now not been divulged.

First person accounts from that historic squad of players, the gaffer and his coaching staff as well as other key characters working at the club at the time, accompanied by the best imagery from ten years ago as well as portrait images from the here and now, ‘One hundred and six’ will be something special for fans of the football club back in 2005-6, for the Royals supporters who have followed the club since that landmark success and for the neutral football fanatic who is interested in exactly what it took to make glorious history!

Besides the opus itself, there will be a number of other collectable items included in the purchase of ‘One hundred and six’, and we also intend to produce 106 limited edition copies, made available to supporters looking to remember that incredible Championship-winning season with deluxe versions of an already premium product.

More details about ‘One hundred and six’ will be revealed throughout the summer and as the current 2015-16 season gets underway, with the official publish date expected to be set for later this year.

But we can announce that pre-orders of the opus will first be available to supporters on Thursday 6th August 2015, exactly 10 years since that remarkable season kicked off at Madejski Stadium, albeit in one of only two league defeats that season against Plymouth Argyle! You'll be able to read all about that opening day disappointment and the wonderful season that unfurled following that afternoon in 'One hundred and six.'

We’ve got the record. One hundred and six.

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... UdHuurb.99

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: One Hundred and Six

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jun 2015 13:50

Jeez, has it been ten years already? :(

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 17 Jun 2015 13:53

We are getting old, Pepe.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 17 Jun 2015 14:05

Once in a lifetime, never to be repeated.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Jun 2015 14:07

Binfield Royal Once in a lifetime, never to be repeated.

I'm sure Sunderland said the same!

Or if you meant never to be repeated by Reading then yeah I would agree.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Jun 2015 14:14

I will probably be 106 by the time Reading does anything that amazing again, I believe that was the big thing that happens once in a lifetime and we now have to take the little things such as the few good performances reading will have in the coming seasons

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2015 14:34

tidus_mi2

Like our other claim to fame. 13 successive league wins from the start of the season, now that is one record I would love to see us break

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Jun 2015 12:12

Is this going to cost £106?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Jun 2015 12:14

Sutekh
tidus_mi2

Like our other claim to fame. 13 successive league wins from the start of the season, now that is one record I would love to see us break
I'd like to see us lose a record - Team who have been knocked out of the FA Cup the most, the only other team who have entered it as many times as us actually won it one year so didn't get knocked out. I'd happily share our claim to fame with them in return for winning the cup and concede the claim to them by winning it twice!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Jun 2015 12:27

what a season.
makes me smile just thinking about it

might watch the DVD again while I wait for this "opus"

Lenny The Tramp

by Lenny The Tramp » 18 Jun 2015 12:38

Once in a lifetime season, if you're very lucky!

We hit 50 points before the end of November after the Plymouth victory. Remember coming back from that thinking we were as good as up.

Happy days.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 18 Jun 2015 13:31

My "moment I knew" was Wolves away in that memorable season. Glen Little terrorised Joleon Lescott all game, they were highly fancied and we just bossed them from start to finish.

Still get upset that we got so much wrong in that second season in the Premier League - could have consolidated beautifully from there.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Jun 2015 13:45

The Goat was fed My "moment I knew" was Wolves away in that memorable season. Glen Little terrorised Joleon Lescott all game, they were highly fancied and we just bossed them from start to finish.

Still get upset that we got so much wrong in that second season in the Premier League - could have consolidated beautifully from there.

Absolutely. It's still difficult to watch Swans and Southampton's success without thinking "what if". I really do wonder if I'll ever get to see us away at Shakhtar Donetsk on a wet Thursday in November.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Jun 2015 13:51

The Goat was fed Still get upset that we got so much wrong in that second season in the Premier League - could have consolidated beautifully from there.

Ah yes, the good old Reading Way......

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 18 Jun 2015 13:57

John Smith
The Goat was fed My "moment I knew" was Wolves away in that memorable season. Glen Little terrorised Joleon Lescott all game, they were highly fancied and we just bossed them from start to finish.

Absolutely. It's still difficult to watch Swans and Southampton's success without thinking "what if". I really do wonder if I'll ever get to see us away at Shakhtar Donetsk on a wet Thursday in November.

I think Rotherham on a Tuesday night is as close as we will get..........

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 Jun 2015 13:57

Forbury Lion Is this going to cost £106?

And the rest I have seen these things before they usually do them for famous rock bands. I would expect between £200-£400

http://www.genesis-publications.com/browse

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 18 Jun 2015 14:23

Mine was the 2-0 against Coventry in the January, because it showed two different sides. All over Coventry in the first half, they just couldn't cope with the tempo we played at and the multiball system. The only surprise at half-time was that we hadn't scored. Second half soaked up pressure and got the goals on the break.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Jun 2015 15:24

Avon Royal
The Goat was fed Still get upset that we got so much wrong in that second season in the Premier League - could have consolidated beautifully from there.

Ah yes, the good old Reading Way......
tbh things can go both ways.

while we could have done a bit better and consolidated and remained, becoming established and playing in europe, we could also have gambled more, overspent, still failed, and plummeted down the leagues.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 18 Jun 2015 17:39

tidus_mi2

I mean by Reading but also I think its a tall order for any team now as the league is so competitive.

The season was a perfect storm of the right manager, the right tactics and the right players to carry them out.

I dont see the current team scoring 99 goals in 2 seasons, much less one.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Jun 2015 18:28

What exactly is an Opus?