60%
No
40%

Total votes: 238
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Nick Blackman

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Jul 2015 13:36

Some people wanting to see him given a chance after two tap ins and a fluke in pre-season. What's the verdict? I think he's shite. Not only that, he's arrogant, with absolutely nothing to back it up. Could maybe forgive him he put in any kind of effort, but he just seems to wonder around looking disinterested. Might as well sew some pockets into his shorts.

elman

Re: Nick Blackman

by elman » 27 Jul 2015 13:43

This post is not worthy of a vote. Lets see what the real games bring before casting stones etc

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 27 Jul 2015 13:44

I voted YES

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jul 2015 13:45

In his defence , we didn't score nearly enough taping last season and if we cou,d get 10-15 next season it would probably buy us a dozen league places. Don't under estimate tap ins. And the Wycombe goal was no more a fluke than any 25 yarder is.
But you are right, he's an enigma . He's got the technical ability, he just doesn't use it to the best in a team context.
At Wycombe I don't think you could say he was putting no effort in, he covered ground, he popped up all over the pitch.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 27 Jul 2015 13:45

Ouroboros I voted YES

As in: YES Nick Blackman should be violently tortured to death.
Last edited by Ouroboros on 27 Jul 2015 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

wiggso

by wiggso » 27 Jul 2015 13:45

He scored a screamer against Swansea last year too and then did nothing all year, seems to think its all about the preseason. Whenever I think of him I think of that goal away at Derby where we had already won the game and he bobbled the ball over the line and turned to the Reading crowd as if he had proved everyone wrong.

Terrible player, terrible attitude.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Jul 2015 13:45

elman This post is not worthy of a vote. Lets see what the real games bring before casting stones etc

:| Have you not seen any of his previous 85(?!) games for us?

EDIT: 78, not 85.
Last edited by Pepe the Horseman on 27 Jul 2015 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jul 2015 13:47

It kind of sums him up that he doesn't think he has anything to prove (see GetReading interview).

That quote might've been aimed at the fans and not proving himself to the manager but he should be looking to prove himself each and every time he puts his boots on.

He looked a threat early on last season (think it was, might even have been the season before) but everything he does is about working a shot for himself and he very rarely creates anything for his teammates and he's nowhere near good enough to carry a team on his own like that

It would be great if we could ship him out and get a proper winger in instead.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 27 Jul 2015 13:55

wiggso He scored a screamer against Swansea last year too and then did nothing all year, seems to think its all about the preseason. Whenever I think of him I think of that goal away at Derby where we had already won the game and he bobbled the ball over the line and turned to the Reading crowd as if he had proved everyone wrong.

This^. I saw him play at Wycombe pre season last year and he looked good.Maybe we will see better of him this season.
Last edited by tee peg on 27 Jul 2015 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Jul 2015 13:56

Can't believe he's played nearly 100 games for us.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jul 2015 13:57

i like him, tbh i think he is the most talented footballer at the club, he just hasn't been used properly, build the team around him

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 27 Jul 2015 14:07

He has looked in parts to be pretty decent at this level. There were goals early on or in pre-season in the last couple of years, and another screamer against Swansea last week, as well as his very good goal in the cup at Huddersfield last season, but he is nowhere near the level of consistency we need (the same could be said for many of our players, to be fair).

The big thing for me is that when he isn't performing well, he has absolutely no work rate beyond the standard semi-tracking back which involves being in a vaguely defensive position when the full-back is overlapping, but not actually doing anything defensive. Granted, he's not the only one who does this (Hi, Hal), but he's a senior pro in this squad and this should be a part of his game whether or not he actually wants to play out wide.

Another part of his lack of work rate is the tendency he has to drift inwards, but not in a dangerous way like good wide attacking players do. It's more because he wants to score a screamer, or because he wants more of the ball so he can shoot or try to beat a man, whether or not that is the correct decision). There is no cutting in to create space or to try and pull the defenders out of position (this only happens coincidentally), and he is always slow in getting back to where he should be when play moves on.

Overall, he doesn't do the basics well enough and isn't good or effective enough to be in the team ahead of a steady Eddie type with less flair.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 27 Jul 2015 14:09

WoodleyRoyal i think he is the most talented footballer at the club

'Greed.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jul 2015 14:17

Ouroboros

'Greed.

i was just fucking around m9

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Jul 2015 14:20

Nothing to prove? He's 25 and done fcuk all. I don't even know what position he plays.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 27 Jul 2015 14:21

WoodleyRoyal
Ouroboros

'Greed.

i was just fucking around m9

Phew.

Me too. :)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jul 2015 14:28

wiggso He scored a screamer against Swansea last year too and then did nothing all year, seems to think its all about the preseason. Whenever I think of him I think of that goal away at Derby where we had already won the game and he bobbled the ball over the line and turned to the Reading crowd as if he had proved everyone wrong.

Human being in human reaction to abuse by a bunch of divs who are supposed to be supporting him shocker.

allwite

by allwite » 27 Jul 2015 14:57

I always remember last season away to Brighton. 1-1 with about 10 minutes to go, he was one on one with their goalkeeper with Jordan Obita to his left completely unmarked. All he had to do was pass it out to Obita to put in the back of the net, but he shot, hit the goalkeeper and went out for a corner.

Such a selfish player.

P.S - Having been a reader of this website for many years - I welcome the fcuk off newbie. :D

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jul 2015 15:00

allwite I always remember last season away to Brighton. 1-1 with about 10 minutes to go, he was one on one with their goalkeeper with Jordan Obita to his left completely unmarked. All he had to do was pass it out to Obita to put in the back of the net, but he shot, hit the goalkeeper and went out for a corner.

Such a selfish player.

P.S - Having been a reader of this website for many years - I welcome the fcuk off newbie. :D

tbf your not really going to have anything nice to say about him with a username such as yours .

wiggso

by wiggso » 27 Jul 2015 15:01

sandman

Human being in human reaction to abuse by a bunch of divs who are supposed to be supporting him shocker.

Yes but he had hardly proved anyone wrong - if his attitude was a bit better on the whole then I doubt he would have got this abuse. I cant think of anything he has done for the club, I might be wrong.

434 posts