Favorite goal at the Mad Stad

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Favorite goal at the Mad Stad

by Albert Spangler » 18 Aug 2015 02:30

Mr.Swainey
Albert Spangler Henry's goal 55 seconds in to our first Premier League encounter with Arsenal at the Mad.

Quite possibly the worst video quality I've ever seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkKO1uEOGys

It even looked good in ripped-from-a-stream-from-a-VHS quality.

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 18 Aug 2015 05:01

i liked Ingimarsson's vs Man City in 06/07. We had about 8 minutes of celebrations whilst he was out cold and getting treatment :lol:

That and Lita vs Palace

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Aug 2015 08:30

have a vague recollection and fondness for an Ingimarrson goal against Ipswich during the Coppell reign.

They'd taken the lead in injury time and were all but celebrating victory. Then we go straight up the other end and equalize.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 18 Aug 2015 08:32

I remember a Sidwell goal against Cardiff, in 2003.

It was late on and we had come back from 1-0 down, and he just guided it into the top corner from the edge of the box. He had so much composure so late in the game to win it.

Thinking about it, it may have been around the time Pardew left too so the game had that much more emotion to it.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 18 Aug 2015 09:15

Vision have a vague recollection and fondness for an Ingimarrson goal against Ipswich during the Coppell reign.

They'd taken the lead in injury time and were all but celebrating victory. Then we go straight up the other end and equalize.

I think that was Lloyd Owusu.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 18 Aug 2015 09:21

One from recent times - when The Beast came on (vs Millwall?) and scored a screaming half-volley from outside the box.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Aug 2015 09:24

wingnut
Vision have a vague recollection and fondness for an Ingimarrson goal against Ipswich during the Coppell reign.

Easy mistake to make. I know my memory is totally oxf*rd but I didn't realise it was that bad.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Aug 2015 09:29

Vision
wingnut

Easy mistake to make. I know my memory is totally oxf*rd but I didn't realise it was that bad.

Your memory is fine.

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/220105.html

22 January 2005: LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
READING 1 IPSWICH TOWN 1
goals
Reading: Ingimarsson (90 mins).
Ipswich: Bent (90 mins).

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 18 Aug 2015 09:35

I must've been thinking of an earlier game then. I do remember Lloyd getting on the end of a fine flowing move to equalise a l8 goal which I thought was against Ipswich.

Edit: it's definitely my memory that's going. The goal I was thinking of was in this game:
http://www.royals.org/matdoc/100104.html
And we'd taken the lead. Obviously confl8ing the two matches in my head :oops:

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 18 Aug 2015 09:45

I remember that one, I think Hahnemann chucked it out to the full back, who ran it up the pitch, then passed it up to the wing for a first time cross for Owusu to score. Took about 10 seconds from leaving Hahnemann's hands to being in the back of the net. We did that move a few times that year I think.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Aug 2015 09:57

I had to check. Thankfully I'm not going mad.

The Owuso one was part of our offside trap wasn't it? . We did a few times. Ran up for offside and then half the team carried on running on the counter attack. Glorious stuff.

biscuitmandan

by biscuitmandan » 18 Aug 2015 10:52

For pure, maddening, unbridled joy It’s got to be Forsters against Wigan for me!
On reflection though I always look at Keith Scott’s dribble and finish against Bradford as one of the best, firstly because 'where the f#ck did that come from?’ and secondly as Pardew was given the Managers job off the back of that performance ( as I recall) and we never looked back!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Aug 2015 13:28

Norfolk Royal Can't believe nobody has mentioned Robin Friday's goal against Tranmere yet. Are you people bonkers?

Of course, I'd forgotten he'd picked the ball up at Three Mile Cross, played keepy-uppies all the way to (near) Smallmead then smashed it in from 5 miles or so. That's how I remember it, anyway.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 18 Aug 2015 13:41

Other then the Forster Wigan POSF goal, Butler's free-kick in the Bournemouth 3-3 game sticks in my mind as being pretty special.

From the HNA match report: Butler stood to the left of the free kick in the middle and Igoe pushed it wide. Butler let rip with his left leg to send the ball flying at a million miles an hour into the roof of the net. 1-2.

Readars

by Readars » 18 Aug 2015 14:15

Murtys penalty against QPR and afterwards they all pig-pilled Kingsley

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 18 Aug 2015 14:32

1. Blackman against................ (no, can't remember any)
2. Ian Harte free kicks (pick any one you like - they all went in didn't they?)
3. "Readings Goal Scorer........ West Ham!"

on a more serious note

1. Murtys pen v QPR - never seen anyone so happy to score for Reading and it topped off a perfect season
2. De La Cruz (as already mentioned by others)
3. Leightewood v Sheffield? - absolute thunderbolt from 25-30 yards out - still rising as it tore into the back of the net.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 19 Aug 2015 19:38

I was at virtually every home game from the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons so have been lucky enough to see quite a few special ones

I was pretty young at the time of the play off semi win vs Wigan and Forster's winner but I'm sure that would rank highly if I had been there. My first ever game was actually in that season and I saw Graeme Murty's only other Reading goal aside from THAT penalty, it was good strike from range as well, but sadly we went on to lose 3-1 and I cried on the way home :lol:

One of the earliest top quality goals I can remember was one of Cureton's volleys, against Brighton in 2003 except that was a consolation as we also ended up losing that too. On a more positive note I remember Kitson's two goals in the 2-0 over West Ham on Pardew's return felt pretty good, he also got a hat trick against them at home the following season in a 3-1 win although I wasn't there for that one.

Anyway, some favourites from the 2 golden years -

05/06
Convey vs Millwall
Lita vs Palace
Gunnarsson's 2nd (winning goal) vs Sheffield Utd
Doyle vs Hull
Little vs Hull
All the goals from the 5-1 win vs Cardiff
Lita's 2nd vs West Brom (FA Cup)
All the goals from the 4-0 win vs Norwich
Lita vs Preston
All the goals from the 5-0 win vs Derby (CHAMPIONS)
Murty vs QPR (RECORD BREAKERS)

06/07
All the goals (especially Lita's winner) from the 3-2 win vs Middlesbrough
Ingimarsson vs Man City
Doyle vs Man Utd
Shorey vs Spurs
Seol vs Charlton
All the goals from the 6-0 win vs West Ham
De La Cruz vs Sheffield Utd
Sidwell's 2nd vs Aston Villa

Since 2007-08 I've only been to no more than a handful of games at the Mad Stad each season, sometimes just one, usually just do away games now and not many goals at home stick out since then but I do remember an opening day rocket by Manset against Millwall and also Le Fondre scored a nice volley vs Watford a couple of seasons ago. Then of course there was Leigertwood vs Forest as that sent us back up.

Wasn't there for HRK vs Man Utd or Le Fondre's two against Chelsea but they were quality goals as well and I'm probably forgetting some others. I'm actually going to Mad Stad on Saturday for the match vs MK Dons though, so lets hope there's a Reading goal to remember...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Aug 2015 22:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssxKVAUQQI

The goal at 0:43 seconds is also one of my favourite Forster efforts.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Aug 2015 00:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF5SMIzkbgk

Still gives me goosebumps.

Spotted: Roberto Martinez and the old version of Kingsley.

bassavage

by bassavage » 20 Aug 2015 00:54

Lots already mentioned but a couple of others:

Kebe v West Brom - fastest FA Cup goal ever.

The two Le Fondre scored v Leeds in the Championship winning season
http://youtu.be/GWIvpi5IQr4