HRK / Gunter / Wales

Stabilo Boss

HRK / Gunter / Wales

by Stabilo Boss » 04 Sep 2015 09:57

BBC review of last night's match.

"Hal Robson-Kanu had the best pass accuracy of any Welsh player (90%)

Worked tirelessly with very limited service but could have done better with his passing on the rare occasions he found himself in space in Cyprus's half. "

"Robson-Kanu was replaced by Sam Vokes and Simon Church replaced Bale"

"Chris Gunter has not missed a minute in Euro 2016 qualification so far

Had little to do defensively but tracked opposition runners diligently and remained calm on the ball. "

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: HRK / Gunter / Wales

by LWJ » 04 Sep 2015 09:59

Stabilo Boss Simon Church replaced Bale"

:lol:

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 04 Sep 2015 10:00

Just baffles me why HRK can't be arsed to put the same amount of effort into playing for us. Shame we couldn't flog him for stupid money before the window closed, and by stupid money I'd open the bidding at a packet of spicy nik-naks and half a mars bar.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Sep 2015 10:06

HRK has improved this season, and that should be acknowledged

all this h8ing our own players nonsense is proper gay.
he tries all the time. sometimes he fails. the end.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 04 Sep 2015 10:09

I agree HRK has looked better so far this season. The talent is clearly there... just seems the application isn't always what it should be.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 04 Sep 2015 10:16

Stabilo Boss BBC review of last night's match.

Worked tirelessly with very limited service but could have done better with his passing on the rare occasions he found himself in space in Cyprus's half. "

Had little to do defensively but tracked opposition runners diligently and remained calm on the ball. "

I am guessing you posted this to highlight Reading vs. Wales performances? If so, I think we need to treat some of these reports with a grain of salt. After such a great night for Wales reports tend to focus only on the positive. I watched a Wales game start to finish earlier in the campaign (Wales won), and the following day there were many comments on here about why does Robson-Kanu play so well for Wales, when he's so disappointing for us. The reality was that he wasn't great for Wales, he was very average. He lost the ball or gave it away far too often, missed a number of chances and conceded too many cheap free-kicks (sound familiar?). But because Wales did well, he got positive notices in the press.

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 04 Sep 2015 10:21

I also agree HRK looks more improved since this season started. I also think he's going to look good in a fairly average Wales team in a fairly average group, in which Belgium is there only test, and they didn't lose/beat them by, lets be honest, parking the bus. Simon Church is truly awful and still gets on the pitch for them. Gunter is different however. His first season with us was going to be hard in the prem, but since then he's been our most consistently good player. His energy is unreal and he actually looks like he can defend now.

On another note, anyone else pick up that Hurtado, Williams, and Hector are playing early hours of Wednesday next week, in the Caribbean/South America, and we've got a game on Friday night. Granted Hurtado and Hector probably wouldn't have started, but Williams is one of the first names on the team sheet, surely he can't start against Ipswich after that? I like that we have players who are good enough for international football but when this happens it takes the piss. Midfield 3 of Tshibola, Quinn and Norwood Friday? Or only 2 CMs as we're going 442?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Sep 2015 10:49

HRK was one of the stand out performers in the first half against Brentford, for me it's no suuprise him going off coincided with a decrease in tempo.

HRK bashing on the most is justified, but I think most fans still appreciate when he does well - it just isn't very often.

Let's hope his recent performances continue and it wasn't just conveniently timed with the end of the transfer window.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Sep 2015 11:08

Coppelled_Streets Just baffles me why HRK can't be arsed to put the same amount of effort into playing for us. Shame we couldn't flog him for stupid money before the window closed, and by stupid money I'd open the bidding at a packet of spicy nik-naks and half a mars bar.

For Wales he played up front and has Ramsey and Bale making themselves available in better positions, to pass to

For Reading he plays on the wing and has one striker to aim at

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 04 Sep 2015 11:24

This has to be the first time Reading have had 2 players, as regular starters in a world top 10 team. :shock:

Including having a striker in the starting 11 of a world top 10, in HRK? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is it a coincidence that HRK is starting to play out of his skin, in the final year of his contract? Just like last time he was awesome, in the final year of his contract when we were in the premier league.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Sep 2015 11:41

I watched the game yesterday and though HRK did very little - gave away a lot of silly fouls (pushing player over from behind time and time again - they had a goal disallowed due to a HRK foul and HRK wasn't even the one who scored the gaol) and hardly touched the ball; but did work very hard .... maybe his 90% pass accuracy is due to the fact that he made so few passes?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Sep 2015 11:52

ladida_gunner_graham I watched a Wales game start to finish earlier in the campaign (Wales won), and the following day there were many comments on here about why does Robson-Kanu play so well for Wales, when he's so disappointing for us. The reality was that he wasn't great for Wales, he was very average.

I remember after one match he was comfortably Wales' least effective player and yet people still questioned why he doesn't try as hard for us.

Never had any concerns about HRK. He's an ordinary player who puts in ordinary performances. Sometimes he wins us matches, but not very often, and he's not very good defensively. I don't buy into either the "great player who can't be bothered" or "rubbish player who shouldn't be at this level" narratives.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Sep 2015 12:31

If HRK is playing out of his skin because his contract is due to expire then that's great for us.

I personally think he may benefit from a change of clubs, particularly with all the wingers we have just signed and with the world cup approaching. Who knows, maybe if we'd kept Antonio and let HRK go he'd be the one signing for West Ham.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 04 Sep 2015 12:49

Struggle Pig Is it a coincidence that HRK is starting to play out of his skin

You think we're watching Kanu playing out of his skin? Sheee-ite, how low is the bar set for this guy?

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 04 Sep 2015 12:55

ladida_gunner_graham
Struggle Pig Is it a coincidence that HRK is starting to play out of his skin

You think we're watching Kanu playing out of his skin? Sheee-ite, how low is the bar set for this guy?

No I don't think he is, I think he is, starting to, it is unquestionable that he was great at Brentford.

The bar is low, very very low.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 04 Sep 2015 13:28

CountryRoyal HRK was one of the stand out performers in the first half against Brentford, for me it's no suuprise him going off coincided with a decrease in tempo.

Agree HRK had an excellent first half against Brentford BUT then he remembered he was meeting up with his Welsh teammates and played the groin stain card which meant no HRK second half. I can see why SC has strengthened certain positions to the point of over kill. GMAC ( and I luv him) came back from international duty having knowingly played whilst unfit (3 separate calf strains) great for country but little help to the club. SC has it bang on.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 04 Sep 2015 14:22

melonhead all this h8ing our own players nonsense is proper gay.

This is poor from a poster as experienced as you.

Surely you recognise that years of abuse from a load of internet mongtards has finally improved Nick Blackman's form...

Stabilo Boss

by Stabilo Boss » 04 Sep 2015 14:29

ladida_gunner_graham

I am guessing you posted this to highlight Reading vs. Wales performances? If so, I think we need to treat some of these reports with a grain of salt. After such a great night for Wales reports tend to focus only on the positive. I watched a Wales game start to finish earlier in the campaign (Wales won), and the following day there were many comments on here about why does Robson-Kanu play so well for Wales, when he's so disappointing for us. The reality was that he wasn't great for Wales, he was very average. He lost the ball or gave it away far too often, missed a number of chances and conceded too many cheap free-kicks (sound familiar?). But because Wales did well, he got positive notices in the press.

No. I posted this to highlight how our players fared in last night's game, which was a good result for the Welsh and may just put them into Euro 2016.

I was enthused to see these comments. Gunter is an established international right back, absolutely an asset to us and one of the best in the league.

HRK is picked for Wales, plays alongside Ramsey and Bale and still commands a decent review. He surely learns and sees how to perform to achieve top things in the game.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 04 Sep 2015 15:10

Stabilo Boss
ladida_gunner_graham

HRK is picked for Wales, plays alongside Ramsey and Bale and still commands a decent review.

I refer you to my earlier point.

Stabilo Boss He surely learns and sees how to perform to achieve top things in the game.

Yes, you'd think wouldn't you.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Sep 2015 15:19

LWJ
Stabilo Boss Simon Church replaced Bale"

:lol:

Can anyone remember a substitution involving such a large gap in talent before?