Hob Nob Addict

Re: Would you cash in on Blackman?

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Jan 2016 14:23

Bidding war over a Blackman.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Jan 2016 14:30

£8m is silly money for a player with half a season of great form under his belt and only a few months left on his contract.

I'd love to have Blackman playing for us every week like he did against Ipswich and in some other matches around that time, but he's been off the boil for a while. That's not entirely his fault, but I think everything has to be just right for him to thrive, and maybe that's not how we're going to play.

I'm happy with Sa, Vydra, Liburd, and Samuel as our strikers. I'm happy with McCleary, John, Hurtado, and HRK as our wingers. It would be nice to have Blackman around too, but if someone's prepared to pay silly money for him then we can make it work without him.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 05 Jan 2016 14:32

As with this situation on every other occasion. It's not do we sell, it's 'if we sell, who do we replace him with?'

If the answer is a solid centre back and goal keeper, then yeah, let's do it. If it's the black hole, then no - lets let him run his contract down...

Chelsea/Royal

Re: Blackman off to Shefield Wednesday

by Chelsea/Royal » 05 Jan 2016 14:33

LWJ The new bellend of the TB, welcome Chelsea/Royal.

Must be nice to have some company.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Blackman to Wednesday

by genome » 05 Jan 2016 14:36

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2016 14:40

Surely there is no way anyone is going to spend anything like £8m on a Championship player who's contract is up in 6 months time, let alone Blackman, and let alone Wednesday.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 05 Jan 2016 14:43

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... k-blackman

Sky Sports News HQ understands Reading have accepted a bid for their top scorer Nick Blackman from Sheffield Wednesday.

The Owls are hoping to push into the Sky Bet Championship play-off places and are keen to tie up a deal for the striker, who has scored 11 goals for Reading so far this season.

Sky sources say Wednesday had an offer for Brentford midfielder Alan Judge rejected on Monday.

I get the impression he has not been happy here since he signed, especially after he (rightly) got stick from us for his pre 2015 performances.

Happy if he goes. Vydra is going to start scoring any minute and obviously, Brian will use the money to re sign Gylfi.....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jan 2016 14:43

£8m???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not a chance, although Wednesday are awash with money thanks to their new Azerbaijani overlords.

Shame this didn't break yesterday, I'd have given him a lift back up North.

I bear him no ill will but he will be remembered as a player who has played to his potential all too briefly.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 05 Jan 2016 14:46

Binfield Royal http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10119718/reading-accept-sheffield-wednesdays-bid-for-nick-blackman

Sky Sports News HQ understands Reading have accepted a bid for their top scorer Nick Blackman from Sheffield Wednesday.

even more brand new information!!!!1!11!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Jan 2016 14:48

PistolPete As with this situation on every other occasion. It's not do we sell, it's 'if we sell, who do we replace him with?'

If the answer is a solid centre back and goal keeper, then yeah, let's do it. If it's the black hole, then no - lets let him run his contract down...

Hypothetically, if it were to go on the black hole, then letting him leave on a free would mean we'd need to find the £8m from selling, say, Norwood and Tshibola. I know which course of action I prefer.

Though I also find £8m utterly incredible. Half that would be tempting and £5m would be silly money.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Jan 2016 14:53

From Despair To Where? £8m???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not a chance, although Wednesday are awash with money thanks to their new Azerbaijani overlords.

Are these the Thai Azerbaijani's?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 05 Jan 2016 14:55

SCIAG
PistolPete As with this situation on every other occasion. It's not do we sell, it's 'if we sell, who do we replace him with?'

Hypothetically, if it were to go on the black hole, then letting him leave on a free would mean we'd need to find the £8m from selling, say, Norwood and Tshibola. I know which course of action I prefer.

Though I also find £8m utterly incredible. Half that would be tempting and £5m would be silly money.

Yeah, you know what I mean though

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 05 Jan 2016 14:56

With his contract nearly up I would suspect somewhere around £0.5M-£1M would be more like it. I think getting any money for him at all should result in someone getting an award.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Jan 2016 14:58

My theory is thus: we are half way through the season and Brian is no mug. He's seen enough to know we won't be going up with out without Nick Blackman. Sell him now, make a (potentially hefty) profit instead of him going for nothing at the end of season anyway when we wallow in 12th.

Instead he'll be in 7th with Derby sat next to Pearcey on the bench.

Dommy Samuel comes back and gets 8 goals in the second half of the season and it's all smiles in July.

Esteban

by Esteban » 05 Jan 2016 15:03

If the fee and payment structure is halfway decent, I think let him go. It would be disappointing to sell our top scorer to a club in the same league, but he’s only had one, fairly short, purple patch in three years at the club. I would rather we sold him for a fee, than let him walk for nothing. There’s a very good player in there somewhere, but we don’t see it consistently enough.

Take the money and reinvest it into the squad where it is definitely required (GK and RB) and retain Dominic Samuel. Put something aside for McDermott to bring someone in if he thinks it will improve the squad and see how we go. I don’t think losing Blackman is going to affect our Championship status anyway, either up or down.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2016 15:03

Winston Smith With his contract nearly up I would suspect somewhere around £0.5M-£1M would be more like it. I think getting any money for him at all should result in someone getting an award.

This.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 05 Jan 2016 15:13

Rumours are that the Shef Weds bid is £3M. That's more realistic and for sombody in their last 6 months is still good business.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jan 2016 15:24

maffff
From Despair To Where? £8m???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not a chance, although Wednesday are awash with money thanks to their new Azerbaijani overlords.

Are these the Thai Azerbaijani's?

Must be the deal that collapsed then.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 05 Jan 2016 15:26

Winston Smith
Binfield Royal http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10119718/reading-accept-sheffield-wednesdays-bid-for-nick-blackman

even more brand new information!!!!1!11!

I wasn't suggesting it was - just pasting the link since no one else had done so in this thread.

... or maybe you weren't being ironic and this really was they first time you have heard this rumour....?

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 05 Jan 2016 15:36

There is a video of Blackman's goals on that page and it does show how slow his team mates (with the exception of Williams) are to rush over to him and congratulate him. Contrast that with the 'scrum melee' that drowned Williams after his strike against Blackburn and I begin to wonder if NB is a cause of unrest amongst the side. If so then we are better getting rid of him!

898 posts